Session IV, Friday PM discussion

CraigOR

4 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

You got Ramos over Glory? I can't wait for finals

I genuinely do wonder where Glory is at mentality now. I don’t care what anyone says about just wrestling the next match, I know all he’s been thinking about is getting to the finals and stopping Spencer from getting his 4th. Now he steps into wrestle Ramos, who did what Glory was planning to do. I’m almost positive Glory decks him, but there’s a small part of me that thinks there could be a little bit of a let down. 

• Fire 2

Just now, PortaJohn said:

Spencer's mom made it on Barstools twitter feed.  Honestly wish the cameraman didnt pan to get her reaction and would've chose one of Ramos' parents cheering instead

Agreed. They didn't pan to Yianni's Mom at all this year, so I kind of figured they were taking the moral high road this year.

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

Spencer's mom made it on Barstools twitter feed.  Honestly wish the cameraman didnt pan to get her reaction and would've chose one of Ramos' parents cheering instead

Yeah, but it is delicious in her melt down.   This is meant to be enjoyed for years...

Whilst I know some will whine about non top 5% recruits and teams AAing and winning. And are crying about the seeds. It’s great to see competitive depth and more schools having success. 

If people actually want wrestling to to do well. This is good. Competitive depth is.. a good thing. The whining is getting old already. Even before the 5 threads whining about “seeding start 

• Fire 1

Just now, goheels1812 said:

I genuinely do wonder where Glory is at mentality now. I don’t care what anyone says about just wrestling the next match, I know all he’s been thinking about is getting to the finals and stopping Spencer from getting his 4th. Now he steps into wrestle Ramos, who did what Glory was planning to do. I’m almost positive Glory decks him, but there’s a small part of me that thinks there could be a little bit of a let down. 

Very interesting take, I can see that for sure.

In an alternate universe, Glory looks over to the other mat, sees Lee get decked and throws his match with Cronin so he can wrestle Spencer in the consi finals, lol

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Unfortunately Spencer's mom made it on Barstools twitter feed.  Honestly wish the cameraman didnt catch her reaction and would've chosen instead one of Ramos' parents cheering 

I met the father of an NCAA champ once that I had seen on TV many times. I mentioned how calm he always looked. He said you have to keep it in because the camera loves crazy. He nailed it.

• Haha 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I met the father of an NCAA champ once that I had seen on TV many times. I mentioned how calm he always looked. He said you have to keep it in because the camera loves crazy. He nailed it.

Ed Ruth's dad always held his camcorder perfectly still...barely showed any emotion for his son's 3 titles

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Pipewrench said:

'tQuint is the worst.   IDK why these guys just don't blast past this tool.  F ESPN.   JFC.  

seriously - I honestly feel the same. His commentary is dull as is his interviewing skills.  I hope Daniel Cormier shows up again for the finals tomorrow night. He was great last year!

13 minutes ago, Rassling said:

seriously - I honestly feel the same. His commentary is dull as is his interviewing skills.  I hope Daniel Cormier shows up again for the finals tomorrow night. He was great last year!

He's been bad for years.  He's actually improved.   He interviewed coaches when their guys were wrestling.  Barry Davis was coming out of his skin when Howe was wrestling and Quint had a mic in his grill the whole time.  Super cringeworthy.

Edited by Threadkilla

6 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

He's been bad for years.  He's actually improved.   He interviewed coaches when their guys were wrestling.  Barry Davis was coming out if his skin when Howe was wrestling and Quint had a mic in his grill the whole time.  Super cringeworthy.

This. Dude used to obviously be doing it as an obligation/job. And has very clearly come to love wrestling and doing the tournament. Is he perfect. Nah

3 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

This. Dude used to obviously be doing it as an obligation/job. And has very clearly come to love wrestling and doing the tournament. Is he perfect. Nah

Maybe. I can't tell if ESPN gave Kessenich the Quint's Minute stuff because he does a good job and loves the sport, or to keep him happy so he'll keep doing it.

Just now, CHROMEBIRD said:

Maybe. I can't tell if ESPN gave Kessenich the Quint's Minute stuff because he does a good job and loves the sport, or to keep him happy so he'll keep doing it.

I think he’s come to love wrestling and covering it. But still is.. awkward at the interviews. If you watch him, especially in the other sessions it really comes through