Can we get more coaches challenges?!

TexRef

17 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

We were sitting in front of Ohio u and they used both already

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Watched both of those. The Athens guys wrestled pretty damn tough. Hope they can get a couple wins.

Yeah Ohio U had I think 3 guys in a short span lose heartbreakers that would’ve been upsets, I think a couple of which involved close calls/challenges.

Surprised there wasn’t any discussion in the session thread on the Peyton Mocco/Perrine no takedown call.  That one was awfully close.  Curious to see if even Askren’s homerness would’ve thought that was a takedown, he seems to lean towards saying the close ones should be takedowns.

Edited by 1032004

I don't hate the challenges but the time it takes for these refs to make the call.  If you are not seeing something in the first 4-5 minutes, then you aren't seeing it.  That stoppage in the SVN-Miller match was insane and should never happen.

Still taking too long, even the gratuitous "our guy lost, might as well throw the brick anyway" use it or lose it challenges at the end of matches. Maybe let coaches redeem their remaining challenge bricks for a plate of nachos for the team afterwards? Anything to prevent these stoppages.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Still taking too long, even the gratuitous "our guy lost, might as well throw the brick anyway" use it or lose it challenges at the end of matches. Maybe let coaches redeem their remaining challenge bricks for a plate of nachos for the team afterwards? Anything to prevent these stoppages.

If you hate the end of match brick then you're going to LOVE freestyle

i am an idiot on the internet