Would Penn State recruit a wrestler who doesn't believe in god?

BaldAt23

4 minutes ago, BaldAt23 said:

It seems like all Penn state wrestlers talk about how much faith all the members of the team have. It makes me think they might not be very accepting of a wrestler who is not religious.

Any thoughts on this? 

After his loss to Bubba Wilson, Alex Facundo reportedly no longer believes in God

5 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Isn't it nice for a change to hear about young men who  are hard working, very dedicated student athletes. Who just happen to have a faith.  I'm  good with that.

No, it's not. If there is a god, he doesn't care that you physically hurt your opponent in a wrestling match. He probably would dislike that actually

5 minutes ago, BaldAt23 said:

No, it's not. If there is a god, he doesn't care that you physically hurt your opponent in a wrestling match. He probably would dislike that actually

I think God is ok with rough wrestling . Jacob wrestled an angel and won but injured his hip  in the match. 

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Fire 1

Just now, LJB said:

wrestling pre-dates the bible by a good many years...

I did a presentation at school in 1992 about wrestling at which point, my Encarta encyclopedia told me that the first match took place in Egypt, thousands of years BC, and a father killed his son in the competition by crushing him (didn't elaborate further).  I got an A minus

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I did a presentation at school in 1992 about wrestling at which point, my Encarta encyclopedia told me that the first match took place in Egypt, thousands of years BC, and a father killed his son in the competition by crushing him (didn't elaborate further).  I got an A minus

i have little doubt your paper deserved at least that A-...

• Haha 1