B1G - Session 1, 3/4/23 10:00 AM

nhs67

LOL on the broadcast they appear to be showing just happened replays and announcing over them.  So with 20+ seconds left in the Romero match as they called the taped action on the screen you could hear the PA guy congratulating Romero on the final score. Whoops.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Major Lague Baseball, the stodgiest, most fuddyduddiest sport in the country, the most recalcitrant to change, changed the rules to encourag more action.  We need to do something about top wrestling.

Reverse riding time. If you accumulate 1:00 and have had no nearfall counts, you lose a point.

11 minutes ago, dragit said:

LOL on the broadcast they appear to be showing just happened replays and announcing over them.  So with 20+ seconds left in the Romero match as they called the taped action on the screen you could hear the PA guy congratulating Romero on the final score. Whoops.

Somebody, anybody, explain to me how what Kerk was doing on top for 3 minutes qualifies as "wrestling."  He's just the latest example, but good lord.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

But it was the heavyweight PSU wrestler that put you over the top compelling you to comment? 

And why not? Between Warner and Kerk, there was 7 minutes of riding with no offense in sight. Id even say Kerk was more egregious. He easily could have scored a few more takedowns but decided laying on top was the best move 

Just now, Mr. PeanutButter said:

And why not? Between Warner and Kerk, there was 7 minutes of riding with no offense in sight. Id even say Kerk was more egregious. He easily could have scored a few more takedowns but decided laying on top was the best move 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

What's the over/under on how many @Jimmy Cinnabonthreads we will get flooded with over the next two days instead of him just posting in the designated session threads.  +/-  9 1/2

"PSU WILL WIN BIG 10"   VS   "IOWA WILL WIN BIG 10" 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just now, Idaho said:

You love soccer don't you? 

No, not a soccer guy.  Just think a bunch of old fat dudes who never even placed at state are a little ridiculous when complaining about tactics that high level wrestlers use to conserve energy at a multi day high level tournament

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

5 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Kerk has 2 absolute dog fights coming up tonight and tomorrow why risk tweaking something shooting under a 280 pound guy when he can just get his points and ride, he can ride the guy til he dies of starvation if he wants why do anything else? 

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

No, not a soccer guy.  Just think a bunch of old fat dudes who never even placed at state are a little ridiculous when complaining about tactics that high level wrestlers use to conserve energy at a multi day high level tournament

I'm neither old nor fat and I managed to place at state so can I please get a pass?