Most Notable results weekend of 11-4 to 11-6

Dark Energy

6 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Mendez over Byrd is much more significant than Braunagel over Hoffman.  Hoffman had a lights out tourney (for him) and AA'd.  Mendez as a true frosh taking out the #5 in a meat grinder of a weight is huge.  

But what if I added that Braunagel pinned Hoffman, won by fall or what if I said it was by PINFALL!!  😉

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

I'm not knocking Byrd. He's one of my favorites. I don't root against him. 

I like Byrd but yes it was a notable result, just messing with you, I think it was notable how Zac won but not so much that he won.

• Fire 2

Brawlnagel beating Hoffman. Zac was dwarfed by some of his opponents on Saturday, but he's quick and a great scrambler. 

Byrd losing to Mendez. Lucas had a worse loss at last year's MSU Open. He'll study it, science it, and get better. Kudos to Mendez.

Kannon Webster over Cayden Rooks. ILLINI recruit Webster beat National Qualifier and four-year starter to win the Maryville Open. 

1 hour ago, DocBB said:

For those that missed it here is a great view of the Mendez vs Byrd match. Byrd was saved by the Scorer's table or that's a 6 pt move or pin at the end.

That's some good camera work. 

It looked like Byrd basically shelved his own leg, putting himself off balance, right before he got tossed.

• Fire 1

19 hours ago, DocBB said:

For those that missed it here is a great view of the Mendez vs Byrd match. Byrd was saved by the Scorer's table or that's a 6 pt move or pin at the end.

what do you think they are saying to each other at the end there?

2 hours ago, Formally140 said:

He bearcraws into opponents but uses it to set up offense. He actually doesn’t stay on his knees that much and he doesn’t sit on one knee and wait

So you're saying that he didn't get to implement his game plan? I guess Mendez IS that good. I am not much of a Byrd watcher, but thought he was going to take out the Buckeye. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, TexRef said:

So you're saying that he didn't get to implement his game plan? I guess Mendez IS that good. I am not much of a Byrd watcher, but thought he was going to take out the Buckeye. 

I was saying Byrd doesn’t really stall on his knees. And his “low wrestling” is usually literally bear crawling into his offense

Mendez did great.