Who on this board was the worst wrestler?

Jimmy Cinnabon

4 hours ago, LJB said:

ok...

thank you for the verification...

i was pretty sure it was just tuesday...

Since this thread kinda veered off course, I'll just put this here:

I've experienced something worse than an icy hot or pepper crossface. The athletic dining hall had a seafood night with scallops, clam chowder, gumbo, cod, Old Bay seasoned shrimp and crabs, etc. It must have been in the spring because everybody was on full feed. We had an hour drill session the following morning. About 15 min in, the smell started. 15 minutes later it was unbearable . . . like wretch-inducing. 

On 2/16/2023 at 9:38 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I was a bad wrestler myself.  Starter (by default) for a season where I went winless.  2 other seasons primarily as JV where I was probably a .500 wrestler.

Jimmy: instead of 0-2 and BBQ did you go 0-1 and sticky bun? (With a side of MFF)

2 hours ago, LJB said:

30 years later those same people thought nothing of putting their grandchildren on these in OK while it was 114^ in the shade...

I give you the Swinging Gate of Death. Section of fence mounted on a poIe (it had grease fittings top and bottom). Had to ride my Huffy four miles to get to this. The slide was behind me in this pic, only twelve feet off the ground and emptied into a dirt pit, carved out from the tears of the weak and the brave. 

image.jpeg.25ac55172958d72732cbd09bff7969cd.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Blown glasspacs

Where there any other kinds...

@LJBsaid, I was braggin' earlier so I was reticent to mention that I spent close to decade travelling around the country in a '69' Ford Econoline, three on the tree and windows all around. I could change most of it while we were rollin' down the road. I was lucky to have my own Jack Kerouac moment in that time in space. 

image.jpeg.2ed68b6034add5b5c42a13a7a2a0d26f.jpeg

• Fire 2

I would suspect if I were lucky I may be in the 20th percentile on here.  
I wrestled Jr High (I'm that old) in 7th and 8th grades.  9th grade was still Jr High but I made Varsity so another kid and I got bussed to the High School (that was a big deal).  I thought I was hot crap till I got stuck in my first match.  I was probably a little over .500 for 9, 10, 11 grades.  My highlight was beating the defending Sectional champ from our crosstown rival in 11th grade.  He also happened to be my girlfriend's brother and a pompous ass, so it was extra cool.  I didn't go to HS after that.
Oh, I just remembered... I won an intramural (?) tournament my second year in college, I think.  All I remember is in the finals I beat another Physics major, so in hindsight the weight class probably wasn't loaded, lol.

• Fire 4

I was better than some and not nearly as good as others. Qualified for state all 4 years of high school and placed 3 times. Definitely put too much pressure on myself and did not wrestle as well as I could have otherwise. Won a couple state Greco championships and a freestyle championship and was a finalist at Brute Adidas Nationals twice as my career highlights. 

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Where there any other kinds...

@LJBsaid, I was braggin' earlier so I was reticent to mention that I spent close to decade travelling around the country in a '69' Ford Econoline, three on the tree and windows all around. I could change most of it while we were rollin' down the road. I was lucky to have my own Jack Kerouac moment in that time in space. 

image.jpeg.2ed68b6034add5b5c42a13a7a2a0d26f.jpeg

life goals right here...

One of my favorite posts on this forum. It really reflects what this sport is all about. Whether you are a NCAA champ or a bench rider for life. It’s all about putting yourself out there for everyone to see your successes or failures. Rarely do see this in team sports where you are competing and the only one who everyone is looking at and judging. Those who choose to accept this challenge learn an extremely large lesson in life which they will carry with them forever. It is a sport that humbles and rewards all. Wrestlers are a very unique and special athlete. 

• Fire 1