Trackwrestling

Formally140

Apparently track wrestling discontinued the free accounts for coaches to put in their teams stats… everything is apparently behind a $50 pay wall now..

Is it true that Flo bought trackwrestling? Because this actually puts a lot of hs coaches in a bad spot. Especially if their state requires results to be put in on track.

And no, this doesn’t hurt me or my team but I still think if Flo did that.. it’s super petty

• Fire 2
  • Stalling 2

7 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Apparently track wrestling discontinued the free accounts for coaches to put in their teams stats… everything is apparently behind a $50 pay wall now..

Is it true that Flo bought trackwrestling? Because this actually puts a lot of hs coaches in a bad spot. Especially if their state requires results to be put in on track.

And no, this doesn’t hurt me or my team but I still think if Flo did that.. it’s super petty

I'm guessing that if true, the schools will pay the $50 fee... just like tournament fees, score keepers, refs, etc. If it's required they will cover the cost. And I am guessing they are already aware of this. 25 bags of popcorn should cover it. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just now, Idaho said:

I'm guessing that if true, the schools will pay the $50 fee... just like tournament fees, score keepers, refs, etc. If it's required they will cover the cost. And I am guessing they are already aware of this. 25 bags of popcorn should cover it. 

I understand that, still extremely petty by Flo

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

From the looks of things, neither company maintains a development team.

Track's UX hasn't changed in their 20+ years.  They may as well wait until retro is back in.

I knew I should've have thrown away my Windows 95 cd.  😞

• Haha 2

If this thread ends up being fuel for Flo shutting Track down I will personally nuke you all in to oblivion.

Flo's current Arena bracketing system is a data slog and complete trash to navigate.

Track's looks like Windows 95 because they haven't had to improve their bracketing displays in a long, long time.

All this said: Yes.  Flo implemented the paywall.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

9 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I still have an aol install disk set, that might ease the pain .  Do you have a 3.5" floppy drive?

ahh ... hmm ... I'll have to check ... card punch & reader but then I'd have to find a main frame connection ... 

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

If this thread ends up being fuel for Flo shutting Track down I will personally nuke you all in to oblivion.

Flo's current Arena bracketing system is a data slog and complete trash to navigate.

Track's looks like Windows 95 because they haven't had to improve their bracketing displays in a long, long time.

All this said: Yes.  Flo implemented the paywall.

I'd say you have to find us to nuke us but maybe that depends on the size of your nuke,, gonna be collateral damage.  🤔

I haven't tried this but worry if I login on both Track & Flo on two devices will it kick me out of one?

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

I'd say you have to find us to nuke us but maybe that depends on the size of your nuke,, gonna be collateral damage.  🤔

I haven't tried this but worry if I login on both Track & Flo on two devices will it kick me out of one?

It doesn't.  I do it all the time.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

You do realize that Windows interface has gone steadily downhill since Windows 95?

So are you saying the Track folks were thinking ahead, factoring in the diminishing OS thus providing a better product by not updating?  🤔

• Haha 1

Dear lord Flo, hallowed be thy not awkward UI. 

I apologize for any potential offense I may have caused. Please do not make any decisions based upon what I have posted upon here. We humbly beseech you.

Holy Flo, do not worry about the coach I talked to today that paid his own money so his team could be in a tournament. Such coaches are not those type who you make your money from. Please accept our humble benedictions. And keep track wrestling as it is.

Yay, we know thee shall seem to only care about the type of customer that can spend for the Flo account and every fancy pair of wrestling socks. 

Amen

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ionel said:

The bigger question is why does Track still exist, why hasn't it been merged into on updated product?

Because it works.  I've run a lot of tournaments on Track, and if you set everything up right then it runs like clockwork.

10 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Because it works.  I've run a lot of tournaments on Track, and if you set everything up right then it runs like clockwork.

Exactly - very user friendly when working with volunteers at a tournament. 

It was only a matter of time before it was paywalled...they probably should have done it a long time ago. Even $50 is very cheap for a team to run their season. 

10 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

33 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Exactly - very user friendly when working with volunteers at a tournament. 

It was only a matter of time before it was paywalled...they probably should have done it a long time ago. Even $50 is very cheap for a team to run their season. 

Well sure but most of us who paid a Flo subscription didn't do so to run tournaments, we did it to watch college wrestling.  Given its the 2020s we don't want to be using 1990s technology and have to weed thru a haven dozen+ clicks and layers to find what we are looking for only to have to do it all over again when it times out or looking for other info/results.  Didn't Flo buy track ~2years ago?  😞

Edited by ionel

7 minutes ago, ionel said:

Well sure but most of us who paid a Flo subscription didn't do so to run tournaments, we did it to watch college wrestling.  Given its the 2020s we don't want to be using 1990s technology and have to weed thru a haven dozen+ clicks and layers to find what we are looking for only to have to do it all over again when it times out or looking for other info/results.  Didn't Flo bye track ~2years ago?  😞

There are two ways to look at it...... from the user perspective of running a tournament and from the fan perspective of watching a tournament.  I agree that it could be updated from the fan side, but if you have ever had to actually use the software to run a tournament it is very user friendly.