Iowa vs. Michigan thread

SocraTease

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

....I can't believe the ref called a stalemate 2 seconds after a takedown, and also just watched as Parris layed on top of Parris for 45 seconds later in the same match.  Parris is the better guy, but yeesh.

TBF seeing a guy lay on top of himself can be hard to process 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Wait, what?

Parris' first TD, the ref immediately called for a stalemate.  The announcers even commented on it. He had 2 seconds of RT.

Then, after his last TD, Parris laid on Cass' hips for the last 45 seconds.  It was inconsistent just within the same match.  That said, I can't complain overall, Cass' first TD was flukey. He just doesn't have the juice to deal with Parris' power.

EDIT:  Yeah yeah, I see the typo now, lol. 

Edited by VakAttack
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 2

At the end of the 2nd period after Big Tone got that TD what was the call exactly?  Was it that Parris was <90 long enough to trigger neutral danger and get Big Tone the TD, but after the TD award Parris never broke 45 for at least 2s to trigger a NF?  If so why wasn't Big Tone called for locked hands?  I thought you had to have your opponent in NF criteria to legally lock/keep your hands locked when in control.

The refs looked at the replay and changed nothing.  That may have been a Brands challenge or their own review it wasn't clear on the broadcast.  Anyway they neither awarded NF or a point for the technical violation.  How is that possible?  Did they just miss the locked hands?  Do I not understand the rule?

• Fire 1

An interesting thing about Parris is that against Kerk and Cass, he appeared gassed both times, but it never affected his actual wrestling, which is an impressive trait.  This match reinforces my belief that Tone needs to do more upperbody work against Kerk and Parris.  Tone is proficient there and both guys are clearly uncomfortable. He should obviously not do that against Schultz, lol 

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, fishbane said:

At the end of the 2nd period after Big Tone got that TD what was the call exactly?  Was it that Parris was <90 long enough to trigger neutral danger and get Big Tone the TD, but after the TD award Parris never broke 45 for at least 2s to trigger a NF?  If so why wasn't Big Tone called for locked hands?  I thought you had to have your opponent in NF criteria to legally lock/keep your hands locked when in control.

The refs looked at the replay and changed nothing.  That may have been a Brands challenge or their own review it wasn't clear on the broadcast.  Anyway they neither awarded NF or a point for the technical violation.  How is that possible?  Did they just miss the locked hands?  Do I not understand the rule?

Here is the sequence 

50 minutes ago, fishbane said:

Nothing new, just some home cookin' at Carver.

If it weren't for Parris taking advantage of some Cassi'sloppy wrestling - it might have made a difference. It didn't.

Nice work by Parris to keep it out of the ref's hands. Can't do it much better than that.

20 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Nothing new, just some home cookin' at Carver.

If it weren't for Parris taking advantage of some Cassi'sloppy wrestling - it might have made a difference. It didn't.

Nice work by Parris to keep it out of the ref's hands. Can't do it much better than that.

I don't know that this is home cooking it just makes no sense.  The ref awarded the takedown with 9 seconds left in the period and Big Tone kept his hands locked for the remainder of the period.  I thought the only way that would be allowed without a locked hands call is if he had Parris in NF criteria, yet no NF was awarded.

3 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I think he legitimately looks better. That's the thing though, he's been maximizing his potential for 5 years now. 

As to your question, I'm not sure. I can foresee a Mauller/Yahya/Milner troublesome blood round match

He looks a lot better this year. He is attacking more proactively. He has good offense when he can get on it. He just slumps offensively way too often for me to know. Honestly him or Phillipi will AA this year. One will decide to wait til the third to score and not 🤣

I wasn't rooting for Cassiopi, but damn that sure looked like nearfall (maybe even four points) to me when he trapped Parris' arm and had him counting the lights.

Hmm. How would have the Big Ten seedings played out if Cassiopi had won?

Edited by SocraTease