Next Oklahoma State Wrestling Coach

okccoach86

Who do you think will be the next coach for the Cowboys? Coach Smith is the greatest american wrestler of all time and one of the greatest coaches of all time but lately the NCAA finishes have been far under par from what they used to be. The cowboys have had great recruiting classes but it seems some of the wrestlers have not panned out. What is going on in Stillwater? I hate to say this but change is needed. 

7 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Is OSU a great place to coach anymore? They have history....what else? Its easy to get into?

What makes for a "great place to coach?"  Is Minnesota (kind've cold), Indiana (who wants to be a hoosier) etc.?  

To me as an OK State fan my whole life it is a shame to see such a drop off. I am just wondering if the University has a clue who they want when Coach Smith retires or steps down. It seems like places like Penn State, Iowa, Arizona State, NC State have evolved with the times and Ok State has not. I would like to see a Chris Pendleton Coleman Scott or David Taylor type come in 

10 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Full control of your program.  Great staff. Great facilities. Admins who have your back and leave you alone. Boosters who have your money. Kids who want to wrestle for you

Then OSU is a Great Place to Coach!

44 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I assumed Zack Esposito was the heir apparent.  Well spoken, level headed and has a lot of in roads on the east coast from his days at Blair

The rumor around the state is that when Coach Smith is done they are cleaning house.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, okccoach86 said:

I would take him in heart beat

Absolutely.   I think he is the secret sauce at PSU.   He may want to come out of Cael's shadow or may really like it there because of all the success.   I would think he would be for the challenge. 

mspart

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

I assumed Zack Esposito was the heir apparent.  Well spoken, level headed and has a lot of in roads on the east coast from his days at Blair

This or Ole Boy Pendleton over in at OSUw.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

24 minutes ago, okccoach86 said:

The rumor around the state is that when Coach Smith is done they are cleaning house.

If that is the rumor, Smith should be doing what he can to get the program firing on all cylinders.  But he hasn't done that in a couple of years so maybe he is burnt out.   Makes a great commetator, I really enjoyed watching the Olys with he and Jordan on the mic. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Casey Cunningham

1 hour ago, okccoach86 said:

I would take him in heart beat

3 minutes ago, mspart said:

Absolutely.   I think he is the secret sauce at PSU.   He may want to come out of Cael's shadow or may really like it there because of all the success.   I would think he would be for the challenge. 

mspart

He is not leaving Penn State.  He has more control over the program than people realize. He's happy

I Don't Agree With What I Posted