184- Brooks dec. Assad    PSU up 12-7

197- Dean dec. Warner         PSU up 15-7

285- Cass dec. Kerk             PSU up 15-10

125- Ybarra dec. Steen        PSU up 15-13

133- Lee vs RBY                   ????

Let it happen!  😉

21 minutes ago, BAC said:

141- Woods m. dec. Bartlett   Iowa up 4-0

Dreaming bro! Woods only wrestles in the first period. Then he gasses. I've got Bartlett over Woods, and that may be a stretch, but Woods majoring Bartlett? Even more of a stretch! He led 8-0 with 2 minutes of riding time at the end of the first period against Joseph Zargo, unranked but a tough kid. He won that match by decision, 9-2. In other words, he didn't score a point in the second or third periods, and he even got dinged for stalling in the third! Woods is not in top shape, and if Bartlett can weather the first period without giving up a lot of points, he will win the match in the second and third periods. 

28 minutes ago, BAC said:

Let it happen!  😉

With the changes to the redshirt rule for this season wouldn't it make more sense for Iowa to wrestle Ayala at 125 if they were to bump Lee to 133?

5 minutes ago, fishbane said:

With the changes to the redshirt rule for this season wouldn't it make more sense for Iowa to wrestle Ayala at 125 if they were to bump Lee to 133?

The redshirt rule only counts for true freshman, which Ayala is not. 

Lee.          F 6-0.   

RBY.         M 6-4     

Woods.     D 9-4

SVN.         D 9-7

Cobe.       D 12-7

Kennedy. D 15-7

Starocci.  D 15-10

Brooks.    M 15-14

Dean.       M 15-18

Cass.        D 18-18

Iowa wins when it doesn't count. I've been watching you guys do this for a couple years, couldn't miss out on giving it a try. 

• Fire 2

125 Lee fall 6-0 Iowa

133 RBY dec 6-3

141 Woods dec 9-3

149 SVN dec 9-6

157 Siebrecht dec over Bearclaw (or Haines over Siebrecht but I don’t think he goes) 12-6

165 Facundo dec 12-9

174 Starocci dec 12-12

184 Brooks dec 15-12 PSU

197 Warner dec 15-15

285 Kerk dec 18-15 (21-12 if Haines wrestles)

11 hours ago, BAC said:

Match starts at 141

149- SVN dec. Murin               Iowa up 4-3 

157- Haines dec. Siebrecht    PSU up 6-4

165- Kennedy dec. Facundo   Iowa up 9-4

174- Starocci dec. Brands     PSU up 9-7

Let it happen!  😉

Pick a side. We are at war. I need those question marks answered. Inquiring minds want to know.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

34 minutes ago, Nittanychris said:

If anyone thinks Haines is not wrestling Friday night, you’re in for a rude awakening!

Cael cares much more about March than duals and my guess is (I got a plan or something) all else equal he would rather preserve the redshirt. But if it’s true that Haines might not be able to hold 157 for a long then that may change things.

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Cael cares much more about March than duals and my guess is (I got a plan or something) all else equal he would rather preserve the redshirt. But if it’s true that Haines might not be able to hold 157 for a long then that may change things.

Yes, Cael prioritizes March, as he should. He has also been open about saying he allows the wrestlers to have a say about whether they shirt or not and that Levi won’t be at 157 for long. Levi came to State College his senior year of HS, he wants to wrestle and he has separated himself from other PSU options at 157. It’s not about Iowa, it’s about Levi wanting to go and his showing he’s ready to AA. You’ll see him Friday. No doubt in my mind.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

He may not care about duals very much, but should PSU win this one and finish the season undefeated it will be his 7 such season at PSU.  Gable had 7 undefeated dual seasons in 21 years at Iowa.  This will 7 in 14 at PSU for Cael.

15 hours ago, BAC said:

Match starts at 141

149- SVN dec. Murin               Iowa up 4-3 

157- Haines dec. Siebrecht    PSU up 6-4

165- Kennedy dec. Facundo   Iowa up 9-4

174- Starocci dec. Brands     PSU up 9-7

Let it happen!  😉

BAC setting it up just so for the super bout at 133, nice. doubt it happens, but good try.

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Pick a side. We are at war. I need those question marks answered. Inquiring minds want to know.

I’ve no dog in this hunt, but I don’t think it’ll be allowed to happen.  Too much at stake. But if it should come down to the deciding match of the dual/duel, I’ll take Lee over RBY by inj. def.  Lee knows knees. 

8 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I’ve no dog in this hunt, but I don’t think it’ll be allowed to happen.  Too much at stake. But if it should come down to the deciding match of the dual/duel, I’ll take Lee over RBY by inj. def.  Lee knows knees. 

I refuse to accept your answer. We are not allowed to hypothesize injuries. They only happen in the real world. Here in pretend land, as I have been repeatedly informed, that is a duck.

7 minutes ago, FearTheTurtle said:

125 - LEE FALL 0-6

133 - RBY MD 4-6

141 - BEAU DEC 7-6

149 - SVN DEC 10-6

157 - HAINES DEC 13-6

165 - FACUNDO DEC 16-6

174 - STAR MD 20-6

184 - BROOKS MD 24-6

197 - DEAN DEC 27-6

285 - KIRK DEC 30-6

-1 unsportsmanlike conduct 

30-5 Final 

WKN, we have a new leader in the clubhouse.  Now that's some home field advantage.

Wednesday Update:

It is hard to move the overall needle at this point, what with 29 predictions, but there were five new brave souls who were willing to put their picks where their pie hole is. And while no one can possibly like pie in his pie hole more than myself, I do love the picks, so keep them coming.

Author's Note: This is not a pie, but it is pie shaped. If anyone has not had Italian Cheesecake yet, I highly recommend you right that wrong. Far superior to NY Style Cheesecake in my overbearing opinion. Add a little honey and orange zest to the recipe ala Giada and you will not be disappointed.

Bravest of Brave Souls

Formerly named the "Most in the Bag for PSU" the Bravest of Brave souls title goes to a turtle? And here I thought they just hid when the going got tough. FearTheTurtle has no fear. He has picked PSU to win by an incredible 30 - 5 final score. Welcome to the jungle, is that you Robin Ficker?

image.thumb.png.4c986ab2e2385aa9282022a2dbea6e76.png

I just want chaos. One of the coaches says they want to start at 141, the other declines, they go to the coin flip and it's won by the coach wanting to start at 141. If we are going to get a nothing burger, we might as well get the bittersweet satisfaction of the wrestling world getting *extra* riled up for 80 minutes in anticipation.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet