Caliendo over Griffith

flyingcement

I just want to say that Griffith is making a mockery of modern college wrestling. 

First he is insubordinate. He refuses not to train when his school basically tells him not to and then he goes and wrestles in a national tournament after his school cancels his program.

Then after he shamefully forced his school to keep his and many other programs which do not generate revenue but rather are just about student athletes, he disgracefully insists -- a national champion, no less! -- on wrestling at every opportunity.  He takes on his top rival 4 times in a single year, who does he think he is?  Kyle Dake?  Tom Brands?  Those guys are relics!

And then this year he -- how gauche, a 2x NCAA finalist -- not only enters but actually wrestles in a holiday tournament. 

And then, to top it off, less than two weeks later he refuses to duck, and loses to, the guy who gave him all he wanted in the Scuffle final.

I say this guy has violated so many norms of decent conduct that he should be canceled and never spoken of on these boards ever again.

• Fire 15

I feel like a shout-out to ND State is overdue too.

They have 5 guys in the top 20, and are coming off a 2nd place finish at the Scuffle.  This Caliendo kid is just a redshirt freshman.  Coach Kish and his team must really be coaching these kids up.  Kudos.

• Fire 3

10 hours ago, dragit said:

I just want to say that Griffith is making a mockery of modern college wrestling. 

First he is insubordinate. He refuses not to train when his school basically tells him not to and then he goes and wrestles in a national tournament after his school cancels his program.

Then after he shamefully forced his school to keep his and many other programs which do not generate revenue but rather are just about student athletes, he disgracefully insists -- a national champion, no less! -- on wrestling at every opportunity.  He takes on his top rival 4 times in a single year, who does he think he is?  Kyle Dake?  Tom Brands?  Those guys are relics!

And then this year he -- how gauche, a 2x NCAA finalist -- not only enters but actually wrestles in a holiday tournament. 

And then, to top it off, less than two weeks later he refuses to duck, and loses to, the guy who gave him all he wanted in the Scuffle final.

I say this guy has violated so many norms of decent conduct that he should be canceled and never spoken of on these boards ever again.

Shia Labeouf Applause GIF

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

30 minutes ago, BAC said:

I feel like a shout-out to ND State is overdue too.

They have 5 guys in the top 20, and are coming off a 2nd place finish at the Scuffle.  This Caliendo kid is just a redshirt freshman.  Coach Kish and his team must really be coaching these kids up.  Kudos.

Good stuff for sure.  I only saw Caliendo at Scuffle but the energy coming from his corner was noticeable and he was clearly wrestling all out to win, not just happy to be in a close match with a 2x finalist.