How smart is the Okie state staff

MizzouFan01

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I one could say the grass is greener in Stillwater. No pot shots needed just trying to weed out the haters before this thread goes up in smoke like a cheerleader sneaking a cigarette in the bathroom in between plays that gets caught by the principal. 

Sounds like the opening scene in an adult film.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

It also has people moving in. That number is expected to increase for.. reasons. But that’s a different discussion 

Are those reasons because we value equity amongst our citizens, such as girls and womens wrestling programs. Or is it significantly paying down the laughingstock debt and credit rating to a tolerable state, improving roads, and bringing small and large businesses ranging from manufacturing to technology to the entire state. Or is it because we throw governors and lackeys from both sides in jail because unlike 49 other states at least we actually hold the crooks accountable occasionally?

Oh and we allow vaping too. Just don't get on the road after. We love it when you support the local economy and stimulate the local tax flows. Just don't do it if you're under 21.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

i am an idiot on the internet

5 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Are those reasons because we value equity amongst our citizens, such as girls and womens wrestling programs. Or is it significantly paying down the laughingstock debt and credit rating to a tolerable state, improving roads, and bringing small and large businesses ranging from manufacturing to technology to the entire state. Or is it because we throw governors and lackeys from both sides in jail because unlike 49 other states at least we actually hold the crooks accountable occasionally?

Oh and we allow vaping too. Just don't get on the road after. We love it when you support the local economy and stimulate the local tax flows. Just don't do it if you're under 21.

I don’t feel like derailing it. Which probably was the goal of original person who “joked” about it.

Especially since it’s likely the reason they left had nothing to do with it 

Just now, Formally140 said:

I don’t feel like derailing it. Which probably was the goal of original person who “joked” about it.

Especially since it’s likely the reason they left had nothing to do with it 

I know and you're right. It's just not often that IL isn't dragged in nat'l convos so wanted to seize the opportunity to change the narrative when it came up.

Anyways, this whole thing happened a few years ago with another blue chip IL recruit and it took an extra step to end up at OkSt. Just the biggest knucklehead move possible. Go literally *anywhere* else besides the bathroom being used by everyone at a major tournament smdh. Hope he gets it together but I have a feeling there will be at least one transfer in the future.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Illinois is literally synonymous with government corruption. Many state and federal bribery laws are in place because of the actions by government officials in Illinois...and it's still happening in plain sight with no accountability...

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GreenandGold said:

Illinois is literally synonymous with government corruption. Many state and federal bribery laws are in place because of the actions by government officials in Illinois...and it's still happening in plain sight with no accountability...

Gotten so bad and over crowded in state had to send the last Gov to prison out of state.  The plan is to have room for ~ every other Gov but sometimes plans ... 

• Fire 1

Don't forget the 5th highest GDP in the country. And again, if other states actually charged those guilty of government corruption that we all know occurs then this country would be a better place. IL is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not the boogey man warzone wasteland that it is often portrayed as.

• Fire 2

30 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Don't forget the 5th highest GDP in the country. And again, if other states actually charged those guilty of government corruption that we all know occurs then this country would be a better place. IL is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not the boogey man warzone wasteland that it is often portrayed as.

But less cost of living it nets out at ... ?

Now 2nd highest gas tax in the country. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, ionel said:

But less cost of living it nets out at ... ?

Now 2nd highest gas tax in the country. 

if only there were an alternative to gasoline that promotes employee retention rather than redundancy (see: coal sector), new job opportunities, and reduces emissions...

https://www.illinois.gov/news/press-release.25825.html

Musk is a poser but at least he got EVs out of the Bay Area and into homes nationwide. Now IL is incentivizing that growth opportunity.

Also, if you don't live in the North Shore suburbs or the nicest parts of the city, cost of living in IL is very low. Like, 5,500 square feet and an acre of land for less than $500,000 in the state's capital metro area while also having a much better infrastructure than many areas. Or if rural living is your thing there are plenty of corn and bean fields as far as the eye can see. There are actually plenty in Lockport aka the very edge of the outlier suburbs.

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

if only there were an alternative to gasoline that promotes employee retention rather than redundancy (see: coal sector), new job opportunities, and reduces emissions...

Musk is a poser but at least he got EVs out of the Bay Area and into homes nationwide. Now IL is incentivizing that growth opportunity.

Also, if you don't live in the North Shore suburbs or the nicest parts of the city, cost of living in IL is very low. Like, 5,500 square feet and an acre of land for less than $500,000 in the state's capital metro area while also having a much better infrastructure than many areas. Or if rural living is your thing there are plenty of corn and bean fields as far as the eye can see. There are actually plenty in Lockport aka the very edge of the outlier suburbs.

5,500 sqft for half million?  I dont think so and do you think that a half million is reasonable for average folks?  Prime Illinois crop land is $15-$20k/ac most expensive and productive in the country, we don't need to tear them up for houses.    Also, believe I read somewhere recently that using the term "field" is now considered "racist."  Maybe we need to call them "paddocks" like in New Zealand.  🙄

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Don’t get sucked in. Pointing out other places dealing with or having worse issues won’t matter.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

5,500 sqft for half million?  I dont think so and do you think that a half million is reasonable for average folks?  Prime Illinois crop land is $15-$20k/ac most expensive and productive in the country, we don't need to tear them up for houses.    Also, believe I read somewhere recently that using the term "field" is now considered "racist."  Maybe we need to call them "paddocks" like in New Zealand.  🙄

Look up Rochester and Chatham those are the nice parts of Springfield (200k metro). You can also look up Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, and Peoria for similar. All have at least 100k populations in central IL at least 2 hours from Chicagoland. Or head south. It’s a big state. Zillow is your friend if you don’t believe me.

• Fire 1

58 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Look up Rochester and Chatham those are the nice parts of Springfield (200k metro). You can also look up Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, and Peoria for similar. All have at least 100k populations in central IL at least 2 hours from Chicagoland. Or head south. It’s a big state. Zillow is your friend if you don’t believe me.

I'm familiar.

First: right across the street, second two ($850k+): next door to friend's house which was less than 3,000 sqft and recently sold $560k.

Screenshot_20230111-193640_Zillow.jpg.007b10b6b83651ff8b7b6c3bf07bee72.jpg

Screenshot_20230111-194959_Zillow.jpg.0bd9a97f2b7cfaf4388b94bf7455e949.jpg

Edited by ionel

1 hour ago, ionel said:

I'm familiar.

First: right across the street, second two ($850k+): next door to friend's house which was less than 3,000 sqft and recently sold $560k.

Not sure what town you are speaking of so I cannot say specifics. First three I found in Rochester on Zillow where my cousin lives and all recently sold. They have a good school system and apparently very good football and girls soccer programs that he is excited about. He said Chatham is 10 miles away and has the same good schools/sports/affordable living perks. That area is not for us but it works for his family. And on that note, I'm going to bed. This has been a welcome distraction for a proper shite day at the *office

6br/4ba 7203sqft $489 sold 2020

6br/4ba 5882 sqft $490 sold 2021

7br/4ba 5825 sqft $425 sold 2021

And yes I am aware of some ugliness going on in those houses. I'm just padding the stat sheet lol

Edited by bnwtwg
sp

7 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Not sure what town you are speaking of so I cannot say specifics. First three I found in Rochester on Zillow where my cousin lives and all recently sold. They have a good school system and apparently very good football and girls soccer programs that he is excited about. He said Chatham is 10 miles away and has the same good schools/sports/affordable living perks. That area is not for us but it works for his family. And on that note, I'm going to bed. This has been a welcome distraction for a proper shite day at the *office

6br/4ba 7203sqft $489 sold 2020

6br/4ba 5882 sqft $490 sold 2021

7br/4ba 5825 sqft $425 sold 2021

And yes I am aware of some ugliness going on in those houses. I'm just padding the stat sheet lol

Thats 20/21, are you not familiar with inflation? 

Its a town you listed above.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

My favorite "badass wrestlers who love to smoke weed" were Billy Murphy and Travis Blasco. When they were freshmen at Iowa they actually tried to sit Tom Brands down and tell him they wrestled better high. Those guys were a lot of fun to be around in Iowa City. 

What would Randy Lewis be like in today's world as a 19/20 year old?  

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

My favorite "badass wrestlers who love to smoke weed" were Billy Murphy and Travis Blasco. When they were freshmen at Iowa they actually tried to sit Tom Brands down and tell him they wrestled better high. Those guys were a lot of fun to be around in Iowa City. 

This is a wrestling story. Concise, witty, thought provoking, dangerous...

• Fire 1