Injury Updates

Jerry Callo

Gomez looked pretty hurt after his win against Penn State.  Would be surprised seeing him go today.  Zargo was out from Midlands as well.  If neither wrestle, it is going to be a tough day for Wisconsin versus Illinois after their performance at Iowa.

On 1/8/2023 at 11:06 AM, Jerry Callo said:

Any injury updates on:

125. De’Augustino and/or McKee

141  Woods

157. Andonian 

165  Kharchla

174  M Lewis

197  Nino B

I am sure there are others - any info to share?

197 Nino B wrestled and won on Sunday vs West Virginia:

197: No. 2 Nino Bonaccorsi (Pitt) maj. dec. Brian Finnerty (WVU), 18-4

• Fire 1

Word on the street is that Tom Brands has been coaching with an injury the last few weeks. Apparently one of the starters hurt his feelings. May not recover until NCAAs but not expected to be career threatening. I think we will find out this weekend in Iowa City how the rehab is coming along.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

i am an idiot on the internet

55 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Word on the street is that Tom Brands has been coaching with an injury the last few weeks. Apparently one of the starters hurt his feelings. May not recover until NCAAs but not expected to be career threatening. I think we will find out this weekend in Iowa City how the rehab is coming along.

Rumor from the minnow is one of our very own good buddie posters on these hear forums is butt hurt over a football game from a week+ ago.  🤕

• Stalling 1

18 minutes ago, Warm Up Champ said:

Norfleet for Arizona State at 197?

Someone mentioned in another thread that he got a concussion in Vegas. Seems like he would be ready to go by now.

On another ASU note, I remember having an argument with other's  on the old board about Teemer's peck injury. I was of the internet doctor opinion that he would be out for the year and that it would not be worth coming back at the very end both because he would be rusty and because he would ruin the opportunity for a medical redshirt. Others were of the opinion the injury was not serious (because they had the same injury)  and that he would be back in 6-8 weeks.  So, what's the update at  week 11? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

I guess I assumed Teemer was done for this year, no?

That's what I assumed as well...but in a thread on the old board there were several saying he could return. I am guessing he is not and will get a medical year. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Andonian wrestled his first official matches past Sunday at the purple Raider open. He won his first two matches convincingly but got hurt in the 3rd match. I heard he wrestled basically with one arm and squeaked a win but forfeited his finals match. Rumor is it’s a shoulder injury. Guess we’ll see if he wrestles Friday vs the pack