Flo :(

ionel

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

you just hit GOAT status in my book

When watching on UWW where they IP geolocate to see if you're in Flo's exclusivity zone (USA), installing the browser extension Urban VPN Proxy allows you to set your IP and location to the host country which almost always works.

• Fire 4

Maybe Flo could at least make sure Track isn’t having trouble sending emails to .edu emails. That’d be a start.

When half of tournament registration emails keep not going through the .edu emails of the coaches and have to get resent to to personal emails.. that seems like an issue 

2 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Maybe Flo could at least make sure Track isn’t having trouble sending emails to .edu emails. That’d be a start.

When half of tournament registration emails keep not going through the .edu emails of the coaches and have to get resent to to personal emails.. that seems like an issue 

Or the edus autospam them because of a sports word in the domain name.

6 hours ago, WrestleEveryDay said:

But could they please stop putting pickles on the sandwiches automatically?  The taste and stench of pickle penetrates everything it touches.

Pretty sure you can order without the pickles, just say "hold the pickles."  But you can't order without the warm & tasty.  😋

5 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Track has never had issues with school emails and wifi before Flo bought it

It's still at least in part a whitelisting issue at the schools end. Perhaps the word wrestling in domain name doesn't affect the same way as sports (flosports).  However, I know in using Flo registration that the password emails have more trouble getting through than the emails created by the admin even though sent through the same company (Twilio/SendGrid). I use both (Twilio/SG) although nowhere near the volume obviously and noticed more email issues once Twilio bought SendGrid- which happened around the same time as the Track/Flo merger.

18 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

It's still at least in part a whitelisting issue at the schools end. Perhaps the word wrestling in domain name doesn't affect the same way as sports (flosports).  However, I know in using Flo registration that the password emails have more trouble getting through than the emails created by the admin even though sent through the same company (Twilio/SendGrid). I use both (Twilio/SG) although nowhere near the volume obviously and noticed more email issues once Twilio bought SendGrid- which happened around the same time as the Track/Flo merger.

Well it needs to get addressed. Sports emails usually don’t have issues in my district. 

I’ve heard nothing but consistent reports, and also seen that Track has steadily gotten worse over the last year.

Given how awkward FloArena is. And given that entire states depend on track for keeping track of(no pun intended), official records and eligibility. And FloArena doesn’t have those functions. I really hope Flo addresses the issues 

5 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Well it needs to get addressed. Sports emails usually don’t have issues in my district. 

I’ve heard nothing but consistent reports, and also seen that Track has steadily gotten worse over the last year.

Given how awkward FloArena is. And given that entire states depend on track for keeping track of(no pun intended), official records and eligibility. And FloArena doesn’t have those functions. I really hope Flo addresses the issues 

I have some indirect contact with them and they are looking to more physically merge the systems. Apparently Track made getting to the opc database difficult. I wish they had addressed this first but either they didn't or couldn't. 

As to whether sports emails get through in any given area it's still somewhat about whitelisting. They would have been accepting others for years and just recently dealing with Flo (especially a noreply email). 

Ever since ODU blocked my incoming emails after trying to get the school president to respond to my questions, a lot of my emails are going to spam at school addresses when I send to any more than one person. It’s been problematic since oh, I don’t know, I use my email to conduct business with schools. Stupid.

Insert catchy tagline here. 

13 hours ago, Jason Bryant said:

Ever since ODU blocked my incoming emails after trying to get the school president to respond to my questions, a lot of my emails are going to spam at school addresses when I send to any more than one person. It’s been problematic since oh, I don’t know, I use my email to conduct business with schools. Stupid.

Damn that sucks.

15 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

I have some indirect contact with them and they are looking to more physically merge the systems. Apparently Track made getting to the opc database difficult. I wish they had addressed this first but either they didn't or couldn't. 

As to whether sports emails get through in any given area it's still somewhat about whitelisting. They would have been accepting others for years and just recently dealing with Flo (especially a noreply email). 

My issue is that fixing it, and making sure sure the “boring” but important stuff that needs to work reliably.. actually does work reliably, does not seem in any way a priority for them. 

Im well aware that many will find it boring or not a big deal that Track is glitching more often running tournaments and not going to school emails. But it’s the sort of thing that actually causes a lot of issues and makes doing routine stuff a time wasting hassle. 

What makes it even more stupid is that they now charge for teams “just” to put in their athlete records and team results. So they are getting even more money to do a bad job.