Soldier Salute brackets - MEN

nhs67

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I listen to Basch.  There is some interesting content.  He is clearly a paid hater, literally, but at least doesn't try to hide it.

Minnow pretends he's the paid hater that Brands was talking about lol

Minnow is a paying hater, though.

He loves bragging about how he is a booster, yeah?

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Did he?  Or does Minnow say this?

However a MFF is one match less that he needs to wrestle.  That's the point.

More than Minnow were saying he said “I’m done” after the semis, and while I’m not a professional lip reader, it definitely seems like (and his body language would agree) he says something to the effect of “he wanted it” here

1 hour ago, Jamie_Taco said:

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Did he?  Or does Minnow say this?

However a MFF is one match less that he needs to wrestle.  That's the point.

And I know a MFF is one match less he needed to wrestle.  But I don’t see what the problem would have been if he MFF’ed to Ayala.  

17 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

It looked to me that he was jawing with the coaches and not Drake. 

He was directing it at the coaches, but from what it looks what he said was about Drake not about them.  

(Stare down of Drake walking off) Then turns to the coaches and says what looks like “He wanted to go.  He wanted that” Then after the hand raise said something that harder to determine but seems to point his mouthpiece towards Drake when he says it  

So again if things was figured out pre-tournament from the coaches then they dropped the ball and Spencer’s annoyance is misplaced. 

Edited by MadMardigain
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

He needs matches.  MFF to Ayala counts as a match for Ayala, not for him.

I could be wrong but I’m still not sure that’s true, but if so then the claim is he wanted Ayala to MFF to him then?  Minnow is claiming Lee wanted a double MFF so it wouldn’t have counted for either 

Edited by 1032004

My two cents:  How could anybody fault Ayala for this?  I respect him MORE for wanting to actually wrestle, and why the hell wouldn't he want to go against the great Spencer Lee?  ESPECIALLY if he doesn't go with him in the room.  Ayala had nothing to lose here.  Lee should put the ego aside and look at it from Drake's point of view. Lee is a warrior and if the shoe was on the other foot, he'd have done the same thing. 

• Fire 3

Spencer obviously was annoyed.  I get his perspective, not wanting to put unnecessary miles on the injured knee against a teammate..  I get Drake's perspective of wanting to wrestle.  Seems to me this probably should have been a Brands decision, but in the end its much ado about nothing, IMO. It's an aggressive sport.

• Fire 3

30 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Spencer obviously was annoyed.  I get his perspective, not wanting to put unnecessary miles on the injured knee against a teammate..  I get Drake's perspective of wanting to wrestle.  Seems to me this probably should have been a Brands decision, but in the end its much ado about nothing, IMO. It's an aggressive sport.

With Ayala wrestling unattached, how much onsite 'power' did they have over Ayala there?

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

35 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It's not like Brands has a strong track record of protecting Lee's knees so this checks out.

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

With Ayala wrestling unattached, how much onsite 'power' did they have over Ayala there?

All of it IMO.  But I could definitely see them not making him do it.

And sorry all, I misread Minnow’s tweet.  I thought he claimed Lee wanted a double MFF, but it claimed Lee wanted Ayala to MFF to him.  I definitely agree with Ayala not wanting to do that.

4 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Spencer Lee with a, 'chip on his shoulder' is a Spencer Lee that I'm even more interested in.

But chips seems to be an internal one against a teammate and maybe slightly his coaches (though it should be more there from my view).  Is there a cerebral assassin on staff that can somehow twist that into a chip against the rest of the 125ers field?

15 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Lee wrestled in the finals. Didn't have to. Didn't need to, but did.

If he hadn't everyone would be bitching about him not wrestling. 

If someone wants to wrestle...you whip some ass. 

If you don't, what is the point?

~Hillbilly Hi Koo

I don’t think anyone would bitch about him MFF’ing to a teammate.  If it was a non-teammate ranked in the top 10 or so sure