Soldier Salute brackets - MEN

nhs67

I never understood the issue of wanting someone to FF in the finals when two teammates face. I’d almost always want to see them wrestle it out under normal conditions.  I get in this case the coaches and Spencer would like to be cautious so he can stay healthy, but in that case he can be the one to FF as has already occured several times in the past. Drake wanted to be a competitor even if the odds were against him, and I can’t see any of the coaching staff or hardcore Iowa fans trying to advise against that mentality.   But either way the in mat drama was a little much, and trying to dig into any practice room drama is a little much here. 

Edited by MadMardigain
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Jamie_Taco said:

Yea, it's honestly pretty embarrassing how much drama the wrestling media is constantly trying to stir up. They're always looking to make it a soap opera.'

What makes you think this guy is wrestling media? Social media accounts don't make you "media." 

Edited by Jason Bryant
  • Fire 4

Insert catchy tagline here. 

13 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Basch is a paid hater.

It's funny because Minnow is a paying hater.

At least Basch owns his colors.  Minnow legitimately tries to ruin peoples lives just to twist what they say and manipulate their emotions.

Look what he did with Swatfords brother last year.  Both Swatford and his brother are actually stellar gents.  Top notch and more like every day guys than 99% of D1 wrestlers.  Minnow took a fiscally and emotionally sensitive situation and abused it for clicks... JUST TO BE OKAY WITH BEING WRONG.

I may poke fun at Swatford and his brother - or at least I did on the old forums quite a bit, but for anyone who knew nothing about Minnow before then, that shows you all you need to know about his character.  For those who continue to tickle his juevs with your tongues?  Do better.

• Fire 3

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, Jamie_Taco said:

Baschamania podcast has a fairly decent following. Calling him media is probably a stretch but he has listeners. Either way, these guys suck.

I would call his podcast a focus on entertainment.

He does some pretty badass interviews and Cenzo is always a delight as well, but anything driven by him is staunch NLWC or whomever he is promoting the most at that time.

He does quite a bit to push brands for wrestlers and the podcast is a great tool for him to do that - first, and an opinion driven hobby second.

1 hour ago, MadMardigain said:

I never understood the issue of wanting someone to FF in the finals when two teammates face. I’d almost always want to see them wrestle it out under normal conditions.  I get in this case the coaches and Spencer would like to be cautious so he can stay healthy, but in that case he can be the one to FF as has already occured several times in the past. Drake wanted to be a competitor even if the odds were against him, and I can’t see any of the coaching staff or hardcore Iowa fans trying to advise against that mentality.   But either way the in mat drama was a little much, and trying to dig into any practice room drama is a little much here. 

I will say it seems silly if it’s actually true (and it may not be) that Lee didn’t want Ayala to be able to take a FF.  Lee is a 3x national champ, what’s wrong with letting Ayala be the Soldier Salute champ?

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

I will say it seems silly if it’s actually true (and it may not be) that Lee didn’t want Ayala to be able to take a FF.  Lee is a 3x national champ, what’s wrong with letting Ayala be the Soldier Salute champ?

I believe MFF wins count towards your match count, don't they?

Gotta consider with the  weakness of this event the possibility of this final matchup was there.  Any issue on how they would approach the situation could/should have easily been worked through the coaching staff prior to tonight’s match.  If not Spencer’s annoyance should have been with them not Drake.  

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I would call his podcast a focus on entertainment.

He does some pretty badass interviews and Cenzo is always a delight as well, but anything driven by him is staunch NLWC or whomever he is promoting the most at that time.

He does quite a bit to push brands for wrestlers and the podcast is a great tool for him to do that - first, and an opinion driven hobby second.

I listen to Basch.  There is some interesting content.  He is clearly a paid hater, literally, but at least doesn't try to hide it.

Minnow pretends he's the paid hater that Brands was talking about lol

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

Gotta consider with the  weakness of this event the possibility of this final matchup was there.  Any issue on how they would approach the situation could/should have easily been worked through the coaching staff prior to tonight’s match.  If not Spencer’s annoyance should have been with them not Drake.  

It looked to me that he was jawing with the coaches and not Drake.