Why are we flirting with WWIII?

headshuck

If true, this is not good.   Such welders should be fired and any QA folks that didn't call it out should also be fired if true.   This is inexcusable if true.   Yet it will be excused for some stupid progressive reason if true.

mspart

btw, i watched Oppenheimer the other night.

Why are we flirting with WWIII? b/c we didn't listen to him.

and I still can't believe ...(thought I dont know all the political leanings of the stars)

the people who made the movie about a kangaroo court are surely disgusted with the way Opp was treated...

but I bet they cheer the current kangarooness 

How is what the U.S. is doing in Ukraine any different than what the USSR did in Vietnam to fund and arm North Vietnam? How is it any closer to WW3 than when the U.S. provided arms to Afghanistan when the USSR invaded Afghanistan? We were much closer to war with the Soviet Union then than we are with Russia now. 

There is a long history of proxy warfare not leading to direct war between countries, and the war in Ukraine is just another example of proxy warfare. Russia is trying to fulfill its own imperialistic goals of conquest, and the Western countries are arming Ukraine to prevent that conquest because they recognize that Poland, Moldova, and Estonia would be the next countries to be invaded. 

Some in this country unfortunately believe that Russia, Iran, and China are just in this conflict, and the U.S. is a force for bad in the world and should withdraw its support. It's analogous to how many in the U.S. took the side of the USSR throughout the cold war. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Bob 1

10 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

How is what the U.S. is doing in Ukraine any different than what the USSR did in Vietnam to fund and arm North Vietnam? How is it any closer to WW3 than when the U.S. provided arms to Afghanistan when the USSR invaded Afghanistan? We were much closer to war with the Soviet Union then than we are with Russia now. 

There is a long history of proxy warfare not leading to direct war between countries, and the war in Ukraine is just another example of proxy warfare. Russia is trying to fulfill its own imperialistic goals of conquest, and the Western countries are arming Ukraine to prevent that conquest because they recognize that Poland, Moldova, and Estonia would be the next countries to be invaded. 

Some in this country unfortunately believe that Russia, Iran, and China are just in this conflict, and the U.S. is a force for bad in the world and should withdraw its support. It's analogous to how many in the U.S. took the side of the USSR throughout the cold war. 

We have sent more than $175 Billion at this point. What is the end goal? Has Ukraine made any progress? Is there accountability anywhere for where all that money is going?

Edited by wrestlingguy

11 hours ago, wrestlingguy said:

We have sent more than $175 Billion at this point. What is the end goal? Has Ukraine made any progress? Is there accountability anywhere for where all that money is going?

The progress is that Russia failed to carry out the full takeover of Ukraine and is now entrenched in a situation even worse than what the U.S. faced in Vietnam. Ukrainians get to defend their land so that they don't become subjects of Russian tyranny. And the support has essentially prevented the invasion of Poland, Estonia, and Moldova, which are other countries with territory that Putin claims is actually part of Russia. On top of that, the defense of Ukraine has been a deterrent to China who would like to invade Taiwan. Lastly, it has further isolated Iran from the entire world because they have been supplying weapons to Russia. 

I think we are mostly sending weapons, not money, and my guess it they are being fired at the invading Russian army. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Bob 1

13 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

The progress is that Russia failed to carry out the full takeover of Ukraine and is now entrenched in a situation even worse than what the U.S. faced in Vietnam. Ukrainians get to defend their land so that they don't become subjects of Russian tyranny. And the support has essentially prevented the invasion of Poland, Estonia, and Moldova, which are other countries with territory that Putin claims is actually part of Russia. On top of that, the defense of Ukraine has been a deterrent to China who would like to invade Taiwan. Lastly, it has further isolated Iran from the entire world because they have been supplying weapons to Russia. 

I think we are mostly sending weapons, not money, and my guess it they are being fired at the invading Russian army. 

Good info. So the only winners in this situation are the weapons manufacturers because that's a lot of money for mostly weapons.