I’m voting for America, not Trump

headshuck

3 hours ago, headshuck said:

If Harris can deliver on these things she gets my vote.

This is really good. Maybe America will wake up and realize the country is more important your personal feelings. Voting your feelings gets you a Venezuela or North Korea. Maybe a couple more wars. Wide open borders. Every city will be a Springfield OHIO.

• Bob 1
  • Jagger 1

So should the government be run like a business or not?  I get confused...people who often bring up some of the companies Trump owns that have gone bankrupt as a way to say he wasn't or won't be a good President also seem to think government shouldn't be run like a business? 

I personally think the government finances should be run like a business.  This comment isn't meant as me throwing all this support towards Trump, but rather just a general statement...have always thought it should.  Just like schools should be run like a business in terms of expenses, efficiencies and the budget.

• Fire 1
  • Clown 1

This is how any financial institution should be run.    Since the Fed doesn't make money, it has a different metric.   Will this expenditure realize the gain wanted?   If not, the money should not be spent.   If so, is the gain worth the money spent?   There are countless government programs that do not meet the first test and certainly don't meet the second. 

mspart

• Bob 2

1 minute ago, mspart said:

This is how any financial institution should be run.    Since the Fed doesn't make money, it has a different metric.   Will this expenditure realize the gain wanted?   If not, the money should not be spent.   If so, is the gain worth the money spent?   There are countless government programs that do not meet the first test and certainly don't meet the second. 

mspart

Was PEPFAR worth the money?

Was the
Guinea Worm Eradication Program worth the money?

It’s not so much some companies he has owned that have gone bankrupt that turns me off, it’s more…..multiple cases of companies he has bankrupted, combined with multiple cases of unpaid debt he refuses to pay, combined with multiple cases of criminal fraud he has committed…combined with so many other things.  

Do I think the government should be run like a business?  No. It’s not a business, it’s a society. Do I think some economic/financial aspects of the government should include some business like characteristics…yes. 

• Bob 2

Just now, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

You didn't ask for the ratio.

I think it would be pretty hard to bankrupt the web of paper holding companies.

Yes I did.  That question was not answered.  

BPE 10/14/24 IWB's SC

Top business failure statistics

18.4% fail within the first year
49.7% fail within the first 5 years
65.6% fail within the first 10 years
Only 25% make it beyond 15 years

Successful entrepreneurs fail a lot along their way. Some people/media choose to search for the failures among the successes.

• Bob 3
  • Fire 1

Just now, headshuck said:

Top business failure statistics

18.4% fail within the first year
49.7% fail within the first 5 years
65.6% fail within the first 10 years
Only 25% make it beyond 15 years

Successful entrepreneurs fail a lot along their way. Some people/media choose to search for the failures among the successes.

You're comparing Trump's businesses to the average business demographic...

Sure.

You're comparing Trump's businesses to the average business demographic...

Sure.

No I’m suggesting some of the most successful businessmen in the history of the planet had a large percentage of failures but the world doesn’t focus on them.
  • Bob 2
  • Haha 1