2nd assassination attempt on President Donald Trump. Suspect is now in custody. Maybe Kamala will win by default when they finally are succesful

Paul158

22 minutes ago, Caveira said:

I know it’s wapo but:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTFFmcS61/

In 2020, he made a social media post backing Trump’s reelection, but in more recent years his posts have expressed support for Biden and Harris.

We contain multitudes. I am sure there will be more to come.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

In 2020, he made a social media post backing Trump’s reelection, but in more recent years his posts have expressed support for Biden and Harris.

We contain multitudes. I am sure there will be more to come.

Crazies prolly gonna crazy.   🙂 good night folks 

I wonder if his motives were strictly to take out the Republican nominee for president?  Or, I wonder, if any of his motive was to take out a person who constantly spits out hateful lies and rhetoric, that has a direct relationship with people lending to violence, whether it be on other individuals, government institutions, or communities around the country?  

And before some of you get worked up, no it doesn’t not in anyway justify attempting to kill him…I’m only speaking to what might drive someone to shoot at him. 

33 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Assassin seems obsessed with Ukraine. Trump said he will end the war if elected.

He had over 100 police encounters while living in North Carolina and at some point, moved to Hawaii. He actually spent some time in Ukraine recently. I am not sure where his current residence is. Other than a jail cell right next to Trumps golf course. They say the inmates can actually look out the windows and see the golf course. 

I have yet to read one story on the event, just a headline that read “Would be gunman apprehended near Trump golf course with assault style weapon”   Take whatever talking points you’d like from that.  Especially those that will make you feel better. 

But speaking of getting their media talking points, you are discussing in a thread where the author announced his own pin pointed motive, before the name of the suspect was even known….

• Brain 1

9 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I have yet to read one story on the event, just a headline that read “Would be gunman apprehended near Trump golf course with assault style weapon”   Take whatever talking points you’d like from that.  Especially those that will make you feel better. 

But speaking of getting their media talking points, you are discussing in a thread where the author announced his own pin pointed motive, before the name of the suspect was even known….

I know you didn’t.  You didn’t see any of this https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-host-asks-trump-campaign-call-toning-down-rhetoric-after-shooting-outside-his-golf-club.amp

13 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

Reckless presumptions on your part.  Jumping to conclusions.  Here's a plausible unreckless take for our brethren spreadsheet experts:   This guy was probably setting up his deer blind for the upcoming famous West Palm Beach Rut that happens the 3rd week of every September on that exact hole of the golf course.  The secret service recklessly concluded something similar to what you concluded and violated this man's hunting rights.  Sheesh, dude.  

Your recklessness and jumping to conclusions is slowing down the FBI and SS from finding out what happened in Pennsylvania.  They certainly don't need non-experts like you getting all chesty and jumping to BASELESS conclusions with NO EVIDENCE of assassination attempts.  No court in any state has concluded that any assassination attempt has taken place nor ever convicted any felons so just back off.  There is only 1 felon associated with this alleged attempt and his mere existence threatens democracy.  Therefore please let the people trying to prevent citizens from voting for him conclude their work in the name of democracy.

My apologies. I totally forgot it is deer hunting season. He just happened to find a good deal on AK47 with its serial number removed, which is an excellent deer hunting rifle. The golf course is very plush with grass and all kinds of vegetation for deer to eat. He also got a great deal on some bullet proof ceramic plates to put in some vests. You know just in case the deer might shoot back. Unfortunately, he picked a bad time to go hunting on the golf course because there were people out there actually golfing. I have learned my lesson. I promise to be more diligent and to not jump so quickly. to a conclusion. 

16 hours ago, Paul158 said:

The problem is that for every example you have shown there are 1000 examples of hateful rhetoric the liberal media spews 24 hours a day for the last 9 years. Most normal people aren't affected by that. But both sides have nut jobs and the one side has people that what to kill their opponent. I could be wrong but that is just not acceptable.

"The would-be shooter, in part because he left a bunch of his possessions behind, was identified and apprehended fairly quickly. He is 58-year-old Ryan Wesley Routh. He's got a fairly long history of petty crime and, according to his social media accounts, he voted for Trump in 2016."

Weird, huh?

19 hours ago, Paul158 said:

We should as Americans be mad as hell. Trying to eliminate your political foe in order to win is unconscionable. The FBI and the Secret Service are still dragging their feet on the first assassination. Why is the opposing party doing this? 

Since it turned out to be a Trump voter, you're going to be retracting this, right?

17 hours ago, Paul158 said:

I'm just a little pissed off right now. You have an opposing parties supporter's trying to assassinate the republican nominee. Just to be clear I have never heard of a supporter trying to murder their own nominee. Have you? Please tell me what I am missing here. Both sides have nut jobs. But only one side is trying to assassinate their opponent. Please tell me what I am missing.

Not true.

Supporters of 45 have been up in arms for nearly a decade threatening and intimidating everyone that would oppose 45 at every turn. Judges, poll workers, state attorneys general, Arlington National Cemetery employees recently(person decided they didn't want to press charges, which they could have easily done, because they didn't want the back lash of 45 supporters coming down on them). This is a cudgel that 45 and others wield indiscriminately. Now they have descended onto a small town in Ohio. There are nuts on both sides. One side revs them up and sets them loose by LYING CONSTANTLY about people they don't like. Not going to ask you your opinion on who, its the GOP. That's it. At no point do they tamp their rhetoric to be sure without a shadow of doubt that they denounce anyone using violence as a means to an end. They are children, skirting the law by using coded language that is often racist that seeks the very results we are seeing. "See how things are falling apart in Springfield, OH. This administration isn't doing anything to stop it." Despite 45 and JD being the cause of it. and lest be forget who the savior of conservatism said when pressed on where the information came from. 45 said, 'I SAW IT ON TV'  What a ducking moron! 

I do not condone violence, politically or otherwise. But the party that talks out the side of their mouth using phrases like 'second amendment solutions' and 'S-hole countries' are now up in arms when violence is visited upon them. I think is wrong and people should be punished, but I have no sympathy for them. 

• Bob 1

12 minutes ago, Saylors_Tiny_Willie said:

Since it turned out to be a Trump voter, you're going to be retracting this, right?

Are you being purposely obtuse? Try doing some real research. He voted once for Trump BUT HAS SINCE BEEN A STAUNCH SUPPORTER of democrats and their policies. Did you read that the only way they were able to catch  him was because a bystander saw him. He pulled out his phone and got a picture of him ,his car and the License plate. Nothing he left on the ground aided in his capture. These are the words from the Sheriff that apprehended him. The Sheriff said without the bystander the shooter would be still out there.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Not true.

Supporters of 45 have been up in arms for nearly a decade threatening and intimidating everyone that would oppose 45 at every turn. Judges, poll workers, state attorneys general, Arlington National Cemetery employees recently(person decided they didn't want to press charges, which they could have easily done, because they didn't want the back lash of 45 supporters coming down on them). This is a cudgel that 45 and others wield indiscriminately. Now they have descended onto a small town in Ohio. There are nuts on both sides. One side revs them up and sets them loose by LYING CONSTANTLY about people they don't like. Not going to ask you your opinion on who, its the GOP. That's it. At no point do they tamp their rhetoric to be sure without a shadow of doubt that they denounce anyone using violence as a means to an end. They are children, skirting the law by using coded language that is often racist that seeks the very results we are seeing. "See how things are falling apart in Springfield, OH. This administration isn't doing anything to stop it." Despite 45 and JD being the cause of it. and lest be forget who the savior of conservatism said when pressed on where the information came from. 45 said, 'I SAW IT ON TV'  What a ducking moron! 

I do not condone violence, politically or otherwise. But the party that talks out the side of their mouth using phrases like 'second amendment solutions' and 'S-hole countries' are now up in arms when violence is visited upon them. I think is wrong and people should be punished, but I have no sympathy for them. 

You have unique viewpoint on this subject. Have a great day.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Are you being purposely obtuse? Try doing some real research. He voted once for Trump BUT HAS SINCE BEEN A STAUNCH SUPPORTER of democrats and their policies. Did you read that the only way they were able to catch  him was because a bystander saw him. He pulled out his phone and got a picture of him ,his car and the License plate. Nothing he left on the ground aided in his capture. These are the words from the Sheriff that apprehended him. The Sheriff said without the bystander the shooter would be still out there.

Didn't think you had the stones.

38 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

You have unique viewpoint on this subject. Have a great day.

Thanks for trying to diminish the scope of my opinion. Lots of people agree with me. More than I think you are comfortable admitting. More than 50% of the population if I had to guess. Likely you as well. 

Find some community that help you to grow out of your bad ideas. Or at least challenge you. Its too easy to blow off an anonymous poster on a thread when I challenge you because there are no ramifications. I'll bet you don't have anyone you respect that would disagree with you despite you being quite wrong. Its comforting having like minded people around you but not great to foster out of the box thinking. 

Good luck 

• Clown 1

Interesting that we still don't know much about the first assassination attempt from FBI or Secret Service.   Perhaps DeSantis can get them to provide info by shedding light on the obstructiveness.  

mspart

23 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Thanks for trying to diminish the scope of my opinion. Lots of people agree with me. More than I think you are comfortable admitting. More than 50% of the population if I had to guess. Likely you as well. 

Find some community that help you to grow out of your bad ideas. Or at least challenge you. Its too easy to blow off an anonymous poster on a thread when I challenge you because there are no ramifications. I'll bet you don't have anyone you respect that would disagree with you despite you being quite wrong. Its comforting having like minded people around you but not great to foster out of the box thinking. 

Good luck 

I was being respectful to you even though I don't agree with you. I was taking the seldom used high road.

• Bob 1