WTT brackets are out

Coldy Squares

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Interesting...

O'Toole > Carr

Haines > O'Toole

Carr > Haines

No match was close

Haines looked super strong against KOT but Keegan allowed it to be a lot of hand fighting where Carr did not really. It was enough for me to have Levi as the favorite this year seems like the size will not be an issue will be interesting to see if he red shirts it may be harder to convince him after this tournament.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Haines looked super strong against KOT but Keegan allowed it to be a lot of hand fighting where Carr did not really. It was enough for me to have Levi as the favorite this year seems like the size will not be an issue will be interesting to see if he red shirts it may be harder to convince him after this tournament.

When you have Haines, Facundo, and Ryder in the room, I don’t know why any PSU 174 pounder would redshirt — unless it’s for burnout. 

3 minutes ago, peanut said:

When you have Haines, Facundo, and Ryder in the room, I don’t know why any PSU 174 pounder would redshirt — unless it’s for burnout. 

In the case of Facundo just because he may never be able to wrestle otherwise. I agree though Ryder could AA this year and you would think will only get better but I don't know that he can make the lineup at 184 if Barr is there after this year will be interesting to see if some of the guys transfer out or just stay there to improve for their freestyle careers.

29 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Could just be a bit of burnout not making me think any less of him long term, but does the past two weekends make anyone pump the breaks on Mirasola being the guy to start at 197?

I know transitive doesn't quite work, but Barr > Sinclair > Mirasola

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

Could just be a bit of burnout not making me think any less of him long term, but does the past two weekends make anyone pump the breaks on Mirasola being the guy to start at 197?

Mirasola seemed to make some "dumb" (rookie) mistakes in mat strategy and time management at Junior Worlds that cost him matches for a medal.  

Came late into the 2nd rnd of finals (slo-poke!)

Vito survives another close one from Marcus Blaze to get back into the world team w/ a 3-1 score.

I agree w/ Vito's wiping of the brow after that one!

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 minute ago, SocraTease said:

Well, let's hope we get a Taylor-Sadulaev match at Worlds because if it doesn't happen now it will likely never happen since I sense this is Taylor's last dance ... although who knows?

Who knows indeed!

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

5 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

no thumbs down emoji

The potato 🥔 is a good option for that as isnt generally down underground.  If you are in fact confirming you were underground asleep during passage of 26th then 🥔 is an appropriate reaction.  😉

• Bob 1

I don’t think anyone thought Mirasola was going to be the starter at 197 this year.

I could see him getting his 5 dates, as would be prudent, but I don’t see Cael and Casey burning his shirt this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albania next!

Next , Tirana Albania!

(... a play off of scene with the conductor on the train pulling into Transylvania, in "Young Frankenstein.")😉

D3

Edited by D3 for LU