Iowa running out of NIL money?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Real Woods, beloved Hawkeye and Iowa homeowner is leaving for CKWC in Michigan. Seems like some of that NIL money should have been spent to keep him at HWC?

You don't seem to realize he isn't in college anymore.

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

So, not NIL. Got it. Also not a college topic. Check.

You certainly understand that the connection that they couldn't pay Woods to stay at HWC might indicate they're running low on funds due to all their NIL activity this year?  You seem like a smart guy so I'm sure you understood this.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

You certainly understand that the connection that they couldn't pay Woods to stay at HWC might indicate they're running low on funds due to all their NIL activity this year?  You seem like a smart guy so I'm sure you understood this.

You certainly understand that you are making shit up for clicks?

Pay your damn debts.  Maybe then we can get fewer ads.

• Bob 3
  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

7 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Who’s paying that 1.3m to Cstar?  Since we have as much proof that someone is throwing bags of money at psu guys now…..   

In an incredible plot twist, Bob Nichols is revealed to be payor of Cstar's $1.3 million bag.

4 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Who’s paying that 1.3m to Cstar?  Since we have as much proof that someone is throwing bags of money at psu guys now…..   

This is far more proof that PSU proxies are "giving out bags" than anything we have heard or seen from Iowa guys.

Yes, we heard Nagao infer that Iowa offered him more than PSU, but we don't know how much more.  Also, maybe Iowa did a better job of assessing Nagao's talent?

BTW all this discussion about "contacting guys not in the portal," and how PSU doesn't do it.  I heard Parker Keckheisen was contacted about NIL for transferring by a PSU affiliate to be their 184 in 2023-2024 (which eventually went to Truax when Parker declined.)  Pretty decent source...

44 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

This is far more proof that PSU proxies are "giving out bags" than anything we have heard or seen from Iowa guys.

Yes, we heard Nagao infer that Iowa offered him more than PSU, but we don't know how much more.  Also, maybe Iowa did a better job of assessing Nagao's talent?

BTW all this discussion about "contacting guys not in the portal," and how PSU doesn't do it.  I heard Parker Keckheisen was contacted about NIL for transferring by a PSU affiliate to be their 184 in 2023-2024 (which eventually went to Truax when Parker declined.)  Pretty decent source...

Subtle.  But the nagao comment is often used to stipulate fact that Iowa pays more all the time etc…. 

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Subtle.  But the nagao comment is often used to stipulate fact that Iowa pays more all the time etc…. 

$1000 more?  $1 more?  He never said.

But carter is getting over a million apparently.

And apparently PSU recruiter Parker despite not being in the portal, kinda like OSU and Hamiti.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

19 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

And apparently PSU recruiter Parker despite not being in the portal, kinda like OSU and Hamiti.

Wrong.  Only Iowa does bad things regarding nil and portal 🙂    

• Haha 3

I just assumed that bc Woods went to Cliff Keen that he would be going the "mercenary" root and competing for another country this next cycle.

And honestly, good for him, the US system I would say is #2 behind the russian system in terms of being an absolute meat grinder for making the team.  If he can sidestep that, make some teams AND be relatively healthy, more power to him.

5 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I just assumed that bc Woods went to Cliff Keen that he would be going the "mercenary" root and competing for another country this next cycle.

And honestly, good for him, the US system I would say is #2 behind the russian system in terms of being an absolute meat grinder for making the team.  If he can sidestep that, make some teams AND be relatively healthy, more power to him.

What country would he be representing?

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

What country would he be representing?

No idea, just a reflex I have when I hear that somebody has moved to Michigan/Cliff Keen, they must have access to another passport somehow.  

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

There are zero rules of people who aren't on staff from contacting.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

How much has Woods even competed since graduating?

He competed two seasons at Iowa after graduating from Stanford.

Edited by jchapman
  • Bob 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

So moved to be in the same room and same weight as Gomez?

Gomez has the body of an 80 year old.  I love watching him wrestle, but he doesn't have much left in him.  His knees just can't take the torsion anymore.