u20 men's freestyle path to the best team to date

57kg: I expect Luke to medal I think he is world level for seniors let alone u20's. In his way I think will be Valizadeh from Iran who was the 2023 senior world rep for iran and grabbed two wins over an unknown and Rzazde from Azerbijan who is tough. He also has a win over Horst Lehr who infamously pinned thomas gilman. There is also the Japan rep who I am sure is good and then Pavlov from Russia who recently won euros but Luke beat him last year 9-2. 
Prediction: gold but Iran worries me

61kg: I think Marcus Blaze is the best high school wrestler I've ever seen just given the accolades of the guys hes beaten as well as how sound his defense is, that being said this weight is brutal. Jamal Abbasov took second at Euros and beat ben davino 5-0 at cadets last year. The guy he lost to at Euros 6-1 is Andrei Midlovets who teched his way to the finals before beating Abbasov. Ono from Japan was up at 65kg for the senior Asian championships where he took third only falling to tumur ochir. Edik Harutyunyan is also a returning bronze from 57kg last year.
Prediction: Gold Blaze is that dude 

65kg: I am very interested to see how Bo does here. I think his pace could be a serious issue for the international guys. I am worried that he snaps guys into his legs sometimes and that could prove to put him in a hole he can't dig himself out of. Abdullah toprak doubled up on bronze medals last year at u20's and u23's taking a 3-1 loss to Mendez at u20's. He also managed to score 4 points on Amouzad this year which is 4 more than Zain scored. The Iranian is also a returning Bronze medalist from last year and won the asian championships this year as well as a cadet gold in 2021. Hosokawa from Japan took 5th at the emperors cup. He took bronze at Asians last year and has a win over 2022 u20 champ Jalalov.
Prediction: Bronze for Bassett

70KG: Would be a bit surprised if Duke did not win gold I think his only fault is he gets a bit tired but what he did to kannon webster twice was quite insane. Karampour from iran teched his way through asians so hes definitely a stud. Baitukaev did the same through Euros and I think will be his biggest test. He took Bronze last year and lost to Meyer 8-0. It was a match that came down to a few exchanges though but I still think its a match I favor PJ in.
Prediction: Gold for Duke

74kg: Similarly to Duke I think Dee should be the favorite at this weight. Yaprak from Turkey is tough he took third and 5th and u20 and u23 euros ironically the third was in u23's. Locketts biggest threat is Reza from Iran who took silver at 70kg last year losing to Meyer 11-6. He teched his way through Asians and took third at the second ranking series beating Bayramov 5-0 and actually going the distance with zhamolov losing 7-0.
Prediction: Gold for Lockett

I will do the second half in a bit I've grown tired.

Edited by Truzzcat
  • Bob 4
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 1

• Truzzcat changed the title to u20 men's freestyle path to the best team to date

Let me to the second half for you -- from below. It's a bit easier.

125 -- Masoumi techs his way through the tournament. Kueter has a great shot at a medal, but there are a number of wrestlers I think around his level. The Russian. Büyükçıngıl. Dursinov. Maybe that's about it

97 -- Aitmukhan for gold, Babaloo for silver (or bronze if on same side). Karsanov and Nukhaev other medals. Rademacher I think dnp

92 -- Malachdibirov vs Mirasola, I think Mirasola is favored for gold but it's like 55/45. There are no other legitimate contenders here I think.

86 -- Kadiev techs his way through the tournament.  Iranian, Barr, Bors, I guess other medals. 

79 -- Begenjow, Gogritchiani are good here. + Irani. I've no idea how good Saidulov is. But he's a russian. Ryder I dont have much hope in. dnp

• Bob 4

2 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

57kg: I expect Luke to medal I think he is world level for seniors let alone u20's. In his way I think will be Valizadeh from Iran who was the 2023 senior world rep for iran and grabbed two wins over an unknown and Rzazde from Azerbijan who is tough. He also has a win over Horst Lehr who infamously pinned thomas gilman. There is also the Japan rep who I am sure is good and then Pavlov from Russia who recently won euros but Luke beat him last year 9-2. 
Prediction: gold but Iran worries me

61kg: I think Marcus Blaze is the best high school wrestler I've ever seen just given the accolades of the guys hes beaten as well as how sound his defense is, that being said this weight is brutal. Jamal Abbasov took second at Euros and beat ben davino 5-0 at cadets last year. The guy he lost to at Euros 6-1 is Andrei Midlovets who teched his way to the finals before beating Abbasov. Ono from Japan was up at 65kg for the senior Asian championships where he took third only falling to tumur ochir. Edik Harutyunyan is also a returning bronze from 57kg last year.
Prediction: Gold Blaze is that dude 

65kg: I am very interested to see how Bo does here. I think his pace could be a serious issue for the international guys. I am worried that he snaps guys into his legs sometimes and that could prove to put him in a hole he can't dig himself out of. Abdullah toprak doubled up on bronze medals last year at u20's and u23's taking a 3-1 loss to Mendez at u20's. He also managed to score 4 points on Amouzad this year which is 4 more than Zain scored. The Iranian is also a returning Bronze medalist from last year and won the asian championships this year as well as a cadet gold in 2021. Hosokawa from Japan took 5th at the emperors cup. He took bronze at Asians last year and has a win over 2022 u20 champ Jalalov.
Prediction: Bronze for Bassett

70KG: Would be a bit surprised if Duke did not win gold I think his only fault is he gets a bit tired but what he did to kannon webster twice was quite insane. Karampour from iran teched his way through asians so hes definitely a stud. Baitukaev did the same through Euros and I think will be his biggest test. He took Bronze last year and lost to Meyer 8-0. It was a match that came down to a few exchanges though but I still think its a match I favor PJ in.
Prediction: Gold for Duke

74kg: Similarly to Duke I think Dee should be the favorite at this weight. Yaprak from Turkey is tough he took third and 5th and u20 and u23 euros ironically the third was in u23's. Locketts biggest threat is Reza from Iran who took silver at 70kg last year losing to Meyer 11-6. He teched his way through Asians and took third at the second ranking series beating Bayramov 5-0 and actually going the distance with zhamolov losing 7-0.
Prediction: Gold for Lockett

I will do the second half in a bit I've grown tired.

Did you know that his actual name is Bowen?

I did not.

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

no it was honestly a bit of a jump scare

I got another one for you.

Mason Parris...

Masonary Bit Parris.

What is Ben Kueter's weight rn?

And Mason Parris', while we're at it? 

Also I saw Gable Steveson's weight listed at Bills roster as 280. If that is the case, he's bulked considerably. He was I think 255 at 2023 world team trials (last time he ever wrestled). Probably smaller in Tokyo (245? or so?) 280 pounds is over the freestyle limit.

On 9/1/2024 at 2:29 PM, Shibboleth said:

What is Ben Kueter's weight rn?

And Mason Parris', while we're at it? 

Also I saw Gable Steveson's weight listed at Bills roster as 280. If that is the case, he's bulked considerably. He was I think 255 at 2023 world team trials (last time he ever wrestled). Probably smaller in Tokyo (245? or so?) 280 pounds is over the freestyle limit.

an article on Flo said he is around 230 lbs.

That was Kueter who they said was 230 lbs - Parris was weighing around 255 his senior tear in college - I have not seen any recent weigh in data for him - I wish Flo would publish the actual weighs in amounts for the heavyweights - Track wrestling did that quite often when they do tournaments

Just now, MPhillips said:

All five of our guys who wrestled this morning are in the semi finals.

Got another Gold from the women today as well.

Seems like Rademacher has jumped a level. Good to see the USA guys succeeding! 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Gus said:

He's been really good today. Bassett struggled in his first match and still won by TF...:classic_cool: His pace folded his dude in the second period.

Edited by MPhillips

4 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

He's been really good today. Bassett struggled in his first match and still won by TF...:classic_cool: His pace folded his dude in the second period.

He was only up 6-4 before the fall in the quarters too.

28 minutes ago, Gus said:

This makes me wonder if he is on the Trumble sort of path.  197lbs is too much of a cut, but there is a HWT in the room already.

This makes me wonder if he is on the Trumble sort of path.  197lbs is too much of a cut, but there is a HWT in the room already.

Can we just adopt the international FS weights already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Good comparison - yeah he has grown a lot -  He did wrestle the open at 92kg and then bumped up to 97kg to win this spot.  He is a tall kid with a frame for heavyweight. I don't think that is the plan, but his body might say otherwise.  He has the 2023 senior level world champ next. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐