Walz likes White guy tacos

https://www.fox9.com/news/tim-walz-white-guy-taco-recipe

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz explains his "white guy tacos" to Vice President Kamala Harris in a new video on social media. The first step of his recipe: unseasoned ground beef. 

I just have to say if Trump or Vance did something like this, there would be no end to the media coverage.   Anyone else heard of this?

mspart

7 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

@braves121 is this you bro?

Yea i am pretty pumped at Kamala over Biden and many people are as well. She has reenergized the electorate and as a dem i think that’s awesome and is going to have a lot of impact in many states and issues. I live in a very conservative district in AZ and i am seeing Kamala shirts and signs when i never saw them for Biden in 2020, whatever she’s doing it’s working 

Edited by braves121
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

If this is the stuff republicans obsess on i say dems are gonna blow this election out of the water

I personally couldn't care less about this and what he said, but you have to be completely delusional to think if Trump/Vance said anything remotely close to this the MSM and the D's wouldn't be screaming racist from every roof top they could find.  For crying out loud they lost their minds when Trump called Covid the "Wuhan Virus"...which isn't even remotely racist.  Virus used to be named after their origin...not anymore because of guess who...???

Edited by Bigbrog
  • Bob 2

20 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I personally couldn't care less about this and what he said, but you have to be completely delusional to think if Trump/Vance said anything remotely close to this the MSM and the D's wouldn't be screaming racist from every roof top they could find.  For crying out loud they lost their minds when Trump called Covid the "Wuhan Virus"...which isn't even remotely racist.  Virus used to be named after their origin...not anymore because of guess who...???

I truly don’t think it would be the same lol looks like TDS affects everyone you’re mad at the fact that maybe if trump said this people would be mad? So people are mad because people are not mad at Walz? Weird

Edited by braves121

6 minutes ago, mspart said:

Its a little thing called double standard.   Weird you don't understand that. 

mspart

Is it really a double standard? Has trump or Vance said anything similar that the left has ignored thus establishing the double standard? Or is this more fake outrage just to be mad 

I think you can make light of stereotypes about groups you are in, but that's received much differently when you make jokes based on stereotypes of groups you aren't in. I don't think there would be much outrage if Trump said he didn't like spicy food. 

I do remember outrage that Hillary said she brings hot sauce with her everywhere because it was assumed she was pandering to a black audience. https://theweek.com/speedreads/619127/clinton-stirs-anger-by-claiming-carries-hot-sauce-bag-like-beyonc

• Bob 1

21 minutes ago, Danny Deck said:

I think you can make light of stereotypes about groups you are in, but that's received much differently when you make jokes based on stereotypes of groups you aren't in. I don't think there would be much outrage if Trump said he didn't like spicy food.

This is correct.   But there would be outrage if he or Vance or some other GOP guy said they liked white guy tacos.  Yes, the spice is the issue underlying the whole thing, but again, you cannot say with a straight face that this would not be looked upon well by D's or media if Trump or Vance or some other white GOP guy said that.   That was the whole point of the thread.  

I'm not mad at Walz for saying this.   I don't care other than the double standard that is applied.   I think it is funny when a double standard is pointed out, the folks on the left just go nuts.  

mspart

• Bob 1

27 minutes ago, mspart said:

This is correct.   But there would be outrage if he or Vance or some other GOP guy said they liked white guy tacos.  Yes, the spice is the issue underlying the whole thing, but again, you cannot say with a straight face that this would not be looked upon well by D's or media if Trump or Vance or some other white GOP guy said that.   That was the whole point of the thread.  

I'm not mad at Walz for saying this.   I don't care other than the double standard that is applied.   I think it is funny when a double standard is pointed out, the folks on the left just go nuts.  

mspart

It seems like it’s the right going nuts on this lol. So you are saying that if trump said anything about white people tacos the left would explode? Sure Jan. Go touch some grass, find some more despicable stuff about the dems ticket like free lunch for kids in school and access to education. Oh the horrors and radicalism 

Edited by braves121
  • Confused 1

I recently drove through/around Michigan, Canada, Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa.  I saw one Harris sign through my travels.  I can't count the number of Trump signs; there were so many around the east side of Lake Michigan in the beach towns.

Edited by jross

8 minutes ago, jross said:

I recently drove through/around Michigan, Canada, Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa.  I saw one Harris sign through my travels.  I can't count the number of Trump signs; there were so many around the east side of Lake Michigan in the beach towns.

Nice "wheels."

Mark-Rays-homemade-Boat-Car.jpg

31 minutes ago, jross said:

Any chance you got to Pictured Rocks in the UP?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

It seems like it’s the right going nuts on this lol. So you are saying that if trump said anything about white people tacos the left would explode? Sure Jan. Go touch some grass, find some more despicable stuff about the dems ticket like free lunch for kids in school and access to education. Oh the horrors and radicalism 

You deny the left would explode?   That's rich.

mspart

• Bob 1

38 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Any chance you got to Pictured Rocks in the UP?

Pictured Rocks looked like a good spot but we passed.  Some of the core memories were made at 

• All the lake towns.  Lake Michigan is bigger than I could have imagined. 
  • Hiking Sleeping Bear Dunes (Michigan)
    • Lady paid $3K to get out of there
  • Biking around Mackinac Island (Michigan)
  • Ate a lot of whitefish
  • Whitefish point light tower and sunken ships
  • AirBnB Train Caboose (Canada)
  • House on the Rock (Wisconsin)  --- I don't know how to describe this - https://www.thehouseontherock.com/
  • Iowa State Fair
  • ...the endless car ride

This road trip was planned as unplanned—just picked a spot on the map, drove, and explored. My eldest didn’t want to get up, was indecisive, so we skipped Pictured Rocks on her day. Meanwhile, I'm up at dawn... practicing patience.  The kids had their first Canadian poutine, beaver tail pastry, smoked salmon dip, and Wisconsin cheese curds.  Green Bay was unimpressive.  We skipped Milwaukee and nobody was interested in visiting Minneapolis.  We missed out on Pictured Rocks, Saugatuck Dune Rides (rain), and a couple others.  Touched some grass.

31 minutes ago, jross said:

Pictured Rocks looked like a good spot but we passed.  Some of the core memories were made at 

• All the lake towns.  Lake Michigan is bigger than I could have imagined. 
  • Hiking Sleeping Bear Dunes (Michigan)
    • Lady paid $3K to get out of there
  • Biking around Mackinac Island (Michigan)
  • Ate a lot of whitefish
  • Whitefish point light tower and sunken ships
  • AirBnB Train Caboose (Canada)
  • House on the Rock (Wisconsin)  --- I don't know how to describe this - https://www.thehouseontherock.com/
  • Iowa State Fair
  • ...the endless car ride

This road trip was planned as unplanned—just picked a spot on the map, drove, and explored. My eldest didn’t want to get up, was indecisive, so we skipped Pictured Rocks on her day. Meanwhile, I'm up at dawn... practicing patience.  The kids had their first Canadian poutine, beaver tail pastry, smoked salmon dip, and Wisconsin cheese curds.  Green Bay was unimpressive.  We skipped Milwaukee and nobody was interested in visiting Minneapolis.  We missed out on Pictured Rocks, Saugatuck Dune Rides (rain), and a couple others.  Touched some grass.

Sounds like a fantastic trip. I have done a few of those things, too. The wife and I circumnavigated Lake Michigan and Pictured Rocks was the highlight. There is a 12 mile hike there where you go 2 miles through the woods from the parking to the shoreline, then hike 8 miles along a cliff overlooking Superior, then 2 miles back through a forest to the car. Amazing views. If you ever get there again it is highly recommended.

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge