Why is Harris afraid to debate?

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-kamala-harris-refusing-fox-news-debate-1941569

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-kamala-harris-not-participate-fox-news-debate-sept-4

https://deadline.com/2024/08/trump-kamala-harris-debate-2-1236041374/

Appears she is afraid to go on Fox.   Trump went on CNN and will go on ABC and NBC.   What is Harris afraid of?   Trump is not afraid, proposes 3 debates and Kamala will not do 3 debates.   Why  is she afraid?  Why won't she talk to the media?  Why will she not take questions?   D's, if this is the candidate of your dreams, you should get better dreams.  

mspart

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2

Funny that Trump was unwilling to debate at first, claiming "they already know about her." Now that he's losing, he suddenly wants a bunch of debates. 

GOP didn't complain when he refused when he was leading. Now they complain that Kamala only wants 3 debates.  

The hypocrisy is unreal. 

5 minutes ago, red viking said:

Funny that Trump was unwilling to debate at first, claiming "they already know about her." Now that he's losing, he suddenly wants a bunch of debates. 

GOP didn't complain when he refused when he was leading. Now they complain that Kamala only wants 3 debates.  

The hypocrisy is unreal. 

I can't imagine in what world he would ever be afraid of debating Kamala. If for no other reason than to expose her for her lack of understanding of how the majority of her policies would negatively affect the US.

• Fire 3

53 minutes ago, red viking said:

The hypocrisy is unreal. 

She only has agreed to 2 debates.   If she is so awesome she should be able to stomp on Trump.   Calling CNN, ABC, and NBC as neutral is a laugh.   Fox is not neutral, but neither are they.   She doesn't want to be in unfriendly territory.   Afraid, is another term for that.   Scared stiff is another term for that.   Does she think they will correct her answers mid debate?   Oh like that hasn't been done before.  Does she think they will throw darts at her?   What is she scared of?   She's a candidate for the President.   She should have an ego out the wazoo.   Not scared of anything.   What is Kamala scared of?   Word salad my friends.   That is what she and her crew is scared of.   That's why she does not do interviews, or takes no questions.   She knows her ideas are bereft of legitimacy and can't be proved wrong before the media or the nation.   Also, she is on the defensive in accepting Trump's offer of debates.   He is directing her, not the other way around.   As soon as she got the call, she should have said, I will honor the Sep 10 date and here are 2 others.   Take it or leave it Trump.  But she didn't because she is scared and is now shamed into acceding to 1  more than she actually should.   Don't look forward to a third debate, she's not up to it.   And that's who Ds want to be President!!   Ha ha hoo hooo.  

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

She only has agreed to 2 debates.   If she is so awesome she should be able to stomp on Trump.   Calling CNN, ABC, and NBC as neutral is a laugh.   Fox is not neutral, but neither are they.   She doesn't want to be in unfriendly territory.   Afraid, is another term for that.   Scared stiff is another term for that.   Does she think they will correct her answers mid debate?   Oh like that hasn't been done before.  Does she think they will throw darts at her?   What is she scared of?   She's a candidate for the President.   She should have an ego out the wazoo.   Not scared of anything.   What is Kamala scared of?   Word salad my friends.   That is what she and her crew is scared of.   That's why she does not do interviews, or takes no questions.   She knows her ideas are bereft of legitimacy and can't be proved wrong before the media or the nation.   Also, she is on the defensive in accepting Trump's offer of debates.   He is directing her, not the other way around.   As soon as she got the call, she should have said, I will honor the Sep 10 date and here are 2 others.   Take it or leave it Trump.  But she didn't because she is scared and is now shamed into acceding to 1  more than she actually should.   Don't look forward to a third debate, she's not up to it.   And that's who Ds want to be President!!   Ha ha hoo hooo.  

mspart

She is vying to be President of the USA, why does she need solid policies or know how to articulate them, or have to have answers?

The blind support because she isn't Trump is what is scary to me.

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, mspart said:

She only has agreed to 2 debates.   If she is so awesome she should be able to stomp on Trump.   Calling CNN, ABC, and NBC as neutral is a laugh.   

Nuetral would be doing a CNN and a Fox debate. 

• Brain 1

The Republican hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me. 

First, no complaints from the right, whatsoever, when he initially said he wouldn't debate her. 

No, Republican are screaming because she only agreed to 2 or 3 debates. 

We are truly living in the matrix. You can't make this stuff up. 

6 minutes ago, red viking said:

The Republican hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me. 

First, no complaints from the right, whatsoever, when he initially said he wouldn't debate her.   Because everyone knew he was not afraid and would debate no matter what.  It is what he does.

No, Republican are screaming because she only agreed to 2 or 3 debates.   Make that 2 debates only.   She has not agreed to 3.   Lying about reality is not a good look.  You already acknowledged her agreement with 2 so why keep bringing it up?

We are truly living in the matrix. You can't make this stuff up.   "We" meaning you, possibly.   You are right you can't make this stuff up.   Trump offered 3 dates, Kamala agreed to two only.   Generally there has been 3 debates over the years.   She only wants 2.   With those two, Trump will have had 3 anyway with the one with Biden that sunk his candidacy.   You cannot say she has agreed to 3.   She has not.   Stop with the malarkey.  You are making excuses for a sorry candidate that in any other context you would not choose to be your next president.   Proof:  No one wanted her in 2000 she didn't even make the first vote.   No one wanted her this time which is why the lying about how great Biden was physically and mentally was all we heard until the debate.   Then the discussion included Kamala but not in the top tier.   Only when Biden said he supported her did she get any traction at all. 

mspart

Just now, mspart said:

Which century?  Was there a network at the turn of the century the penultimate turn of the century?

mspart

The networks were neutral 18th century.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, mspart said:

Because everyone knew he was not afraid and would debate no matter what.  It is what he does.

...oh?  Which of his performances during the Republican Primary debates in this year was your favorite?

Which of Biden's were your favorite?   Not even a smart question when your guy didn't bother to debate anyone in his primary.   Or for that  matter allow anyone else of consequence to participate. 

So why bring this up when Trump has offered 3 dates and Kamala only answers to two?   I'm really not sure what you are trying to prove with your insightful little quip. 

mspart

• Bob 2

29 minutes ago, mspart said:

Which of Biden's were your favorite?   Not even a smart question when your guy didn't bother to debate anyone in his primary.   Or for that  matter allow anyone else of consequence to participate. 

So why bring this up when Trump has offered 3 dates and Kamala only answers to two?   I'm really not sure what you are trying to prove with your insightful little quip. 

mspart

...dude, you're the one who said he would "debate no matter what" when he literally did NOT debate when he was comfortably winning the primaries.  He wasn't going to debate Harris either...until the polls turned.

I think you will be hard pressed to prove your last point. 

Trump didn't have to debate anyone to win the nomination.   That was not the big prize.   When Biden suggested two debates, Trump agreed.   When Trump suggested three debates to Harris, she said no.   So with a straight face, you are saying Trump is afraid to debate Kamala?  

mspart

5 minutes ago, mspart said:

Trump didn't have to debate anyone to win the nomination.   That was not the big prize.   When Biden suggested two debates, Trump agreed.   When Trump suggested three debates to Harris, she said no.   So with a straight face, you are saying Trump is afraid to debate Kamala?  

mspart

This directly contradicts you saying trump would debate no matter what lol

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, mspart said:

mspart

Trump also said he wasn't going to debate Kamala at first.  So why is that not a true statement?  It's literally the same logic he used in the Republican primary when he, you know, didn't debate any of the other challengers.  You're the one making claims here and then just hand-waving away things.  You're the one who said "Because everyone knew he was not afraid and would debate no matter what.  It is what he does." when I just gave you exhibit A of when it was not "what he does."  He thought the switch to Harris wouldn't change things and he'd comfortably cruise to a win, and now the polls show that's not true, and now he's changed his position.  You're being logically inconsistent to prop up your preferred major party candidate.

Not a 'D' but I'll take a stab at it.  I wonder if it has anything to do with Fox being held liable to the tune of millions and millions of dollars for continuously broadcasting lies in a direct effort to benefit the shennaigans of her opponent.

Terrible take. 

• Fire 1

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2024/jul/24/threads-posts/no-trump-isnt-backing-down-from-a-debate-with-harr/

A July 23 Threads post included side-by-side photos of Harris and Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, with the caption, "Trump has announced he won’t debate Kamala Harris. Is he afraid of her?"

The claim isn’t accurate.On a July 23 call with reporters hosted by the Republican National Committee, Trump said he’d be "absolutely" willing to debate Harris "multiple times."

"I think if you’re … the Democratic nominee or Republican nominee, you really have an obligation to debate," he said.

We rate the claim he announced he won’t debate Harris False. 

So your claim Vak, is false. 

mspart

• Bob 1