Kamala Harris Ghost Campaign. 81 days 13 hours and 13 minutes to go. Will it work?

16 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

Admittedly, not much from a policy perspective.

And that's the thing.  He is crazy on social  media.   But his policies were pretty straighforward and worked.   That's why you can't think of an example of what you are concerned about.

mspart

• Bob 1

30 minutes ago, mspart said:

And that's the thing.  He is crazy on social  media.   But his policies were pretty straighforward and worked.   That's why you can't think of an example of what you are concerned about.

mspart

I hope it’s as simple as that if he wins.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Can you think of an example that resulted in a bad policy ?

He panicked and fired Gen Flynn rather than take on the swamp right away.  Disastrous.

He screwed the pooch on COVID.  Operation Time Warp was a fraud and a farce.  Not firing "Don't need masks/Must mask and shut down economy" Fauci.  The completely ridiculous gesture of sending a Naval Hospital ship to NYC thinking that would stop the Dems and Cuomo from bitching.  After the 14 days to flatten the curve debacle he should have opened every federal building, no work at home at all, every national park open to the public.  States have some sovereign rights but he should have closed down Rhode Island when that set of nincompoops made their own border more secure than anything achieved at our national borders.

Trump is a loose cannon on policy.  No real principles.  Gut instinct can be right a majority of the time but when it is wrong it is catastrophic without a logical underpinning.

• Bob 1

I agree on Flynn.   Not on Covid.   NYC was screaming for help because they had run out of room to deal with the pandemic.   Sending the ship was an effort to ease that issue and the fact that it wasn't needed was further proof that is covid scare was just that.   Firing Fauci would have been not been viewed well by a majority of Americans at that time.   Should have happened but everyone thought he was who he said he was instead of some kind of malevolent force making up 6 foot policies on the fly.  

I don't think this demonstrates a loose cannon on policy.  

What could Trump have done, in the circumstance, to better work the covid situation?   It had not been dealt with by anyone alive in this country.   This was new territory.   Sweden got it right and the majority of states in the US got it wrong.  

I think he has principles.   Whatever eases pain for business he is for.   Whatever increases pain for business he is against.  Pro business is pro consumer as it allows all to compete on a level playing field.  He is Pro USA.   He is anti-war.   He is anti onerous regulation.   He is pro jobs.   He signed a deal for Black Colleges that allowed them not to have to come to DC every year for funding.   He signed for multi year funding.   I think he has principles, but does not have much in the way of self discipline on the social media front.  

mspart

13 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

He screwed the pooch on COVID.  Operation Time Warp was a fraud and a farce. 

How long did the "experts" say it would take to produce a vaccine?  How long did Trump say?  Remember when they all laughed at him?  How long did it take?  

7 hours ago, mspart said:

Me too.   I would rather DeSantis be the GOP guy but that was not to be.  

mspart

Is it too late though? Imagine the reaction of the Democrats if Trump were to step down and have Desantis take over.  It seems like some of the stuff he has been saying may be to set the stage for that tradeoff. The Democrats have spent billions with negative adds against Trump, which would be a complete waste if it were Desantis. 

• Bob 1

50 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Opinion 

When your opponent calls you ‘communist,’ maybe don’t propose price controls?

It’s hard to exaggerate how bad Kamala Harris’s price-gouging proposal is.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/08/15/kamala-harris-price-gouging-groceries/

In Raleigh yesterday she called price gaging. I have never heard of price gaging before.

2 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

In Raleigh yesterday she called price gaging. I have never heard of price gaging before.

Thats what the teleprompter told her to say.  If she could speak on her own she'd answer questions.  

• Bob 2

26 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Just have some white guy tacos it will be fine 

Don't ya wanta be over in the Taco thread with this, might spice things up a bit.  🌮