The source of Trump's "getting things done"

jross

44 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

4) What's the biggest impact he had on the country? Didn't build a wall. Economy grew around the same rate as Obama until the pandemic. Certainly didn't stop the pandemic from ruining the economy. Deported less people than Obama. Failed to repeal ObamaCare. The Swamp is still there. So, what's the big achievement? A tax cut? I think most Republicans could have gotten that tax bill passed under the same circumstances. 

Trump sparked my patriotism and pride in being American. His focus on "America First," renegotiating trade deals, and revitalizing American manufacturing truly resonated with me. Recently, I watched a video about building new cities, which filled me with wonder and excitement for the future. This feeling contrasts sharply with the dread and anxiety I feel when discussing victimization, foreign subsidies, and expanding government control.

Trump’s presidency made notable impacts on economic policy, foreign policy, immigration, and the judiciary. He did manage to build new sections of the border wall, though not the full extent initially promised due to Congressional constraints—despite Congress funding border security in Ukraine. It often seems like Congress acts contrary to public wishes.

Obama was effective at deporting illegal immigrants, but both administrations had room for improvement. Trump faced worsening conditions in Central America that led to increased illegal immigration despite strict measures. His focus was on preventing illegal entry through policies like "Remain in Mexico." If Trump wins a second term, similar to Obama, we will see reduced immigration and increased deportations compared to his first term.  More deportations than ever before.

I think one of the great things that Trump did was put the lie in Obama's vision of lethargy in the economy is the new normal.   Trump killed that idea and showed that the new normal was economic growth.   Biden or his string pullers have tried to revive it but I think most know we can definitely have better days ahead of us.  

What Kamala is saying, in effect, is that her and Joe's policies really bad and price controls are the only way to fix it.   This is pure bunk.   Price controls have  never worked.   It is a leftist's dream that it can work.   The only thing it does is stifle innovation and cause shortages because eventually manufacturers cannot make stuff cheap enough to make a profit.   So then you get an underground economy.   That is just a throwback to Obama's New Normal.   Which was proven false. 

mspart

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

3) What's his biggest achievement? All of the problems he said he'd fix are the same problems that exist today.

Some achievements from memory

• Appointed conservative judges.
  • My 401K.
  • MAGA brought good vibes for now and the future.
  • Tax cuts led to a strong economy with full-time jobs, higher pay, and companies investing in the U.S.
  • "2-for-1" deregulation rule.
  • "America First" approach reduced military involvement overseas, with direct meetings with leaders like Putin and Jong-un to avoid new wars.
  • Negotiated from a position of strength, keeping peace and holding allies accountable.
  • Implemented border security and immigration enforcement measures.

More details are available at Trump White House Accomplishments.

Some of the problems he addressed with EOs.. Biden reversed immediately.  Immigration EOs for example.

4 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Okay, so how is he going to get things done this time? Throw out the constitution?

I'm glad he didn't build a wall. It's stupid and a waste of money.

The reason for pointing it out is because the whole premise of this thread is that he "gets things done," which he doesn't. He's subject to the same partisan gridlock that Biden was and he will be subject to it again.

He didn't "get things done" better than any other potential candidate. In fact, I think it's more likely a non-Trump Republican would be able to get more done because more conservative dems would be willing to sign onto things that weren't directly tied to him.

You like Trump because he scratches your itches with his rhetoric, not because he's actually an effective President.

i can show you a lot more wasted money... that the wall would prevent

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

1. Executive order and legislation existed his last term and he failed. What's different this time around? 

2A) I don't think illegal immigration is near the top of this country's problems.

2B) A wall doesn't solve illegal immigration. They'll find ways around it and it does nothing to address people here on expired visas which is about half of the country's illegal immigrants.

3) What's his biggest achievement? All of the problems he said he'd fix are the same problems that exist today.

4) What's the biggest impact he had on the country? Didn't build a wall. Economy grew around the same rate as Obama until the pandemic. Certainly didn't stop the pandemic from ruining the economy. Deported less people than Obama. Failed to repeal ObamaCare. The Swamp is still there. So, what's the big achievement? A tax cut? I think most Republicans could have gotten that tax bill passed under the same circumstances. 

5) Your number 1 thing on here is "personal accountability" and Trump is one of the least accountable people I've ever seen. Everything is always someone else's fault.

1. perhaps , unlike obama and biden, he wanted to do it the right way? 

2. ask chicago and new york

2b. it will help

3. jross has a good list.

4. maybe he had to deport less, b/c fewer were poring across the border

5  that may be true.. but he's no less accountable than the big guy, or kamala... they can't decide who is responsible for bidenomics

41 minutes ago, jross said:

Some achievements from memory

• Appointed conservative judges.
  • My 401K.
  • MAGA brought good vibes for now and the future.
  • Tax cuts led to a strong economy with full-time jobs, higher pay, and companies investing in the U.S.
  • "2-for-1" deregulation rule.
  • "America First" approach reduced military involvement overseas, with direct meetings with leaders like Putin and Jong-un to avoid new wars.
  • Negotiated from a position of strength, keeping peace and holding allies accountable.
  • Implemented border security and immigration enforcement measures.

More details are available at Trump White House Accomplishments.

Some of the problems he addressed with EOs.. Biden reversed immediately.  Immigration EOs for example.

He did not list insurrection on the website, because it was only attempted. Like most things Trump he failed to achieve his goals.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

He did not list insurrection on the website, because it was only attempted. Like most things Trump he failed to achieve his goals.

Trump was not criminally charged with incitement of insurrection by the Department of Justice or any federal court.  Special Counsel Jack Smith's federal indictment against Trump in 2023 did not charge Trump with incitement of insurrection.

Impeachment in the house was a partisan political process requiring a simple majority vote.  It was not a legal one.  There was not bi-partisan agreement and it didn't pass in the Senate.

30 minutes ago, jross said:

Trump was not criminally charged with incitement of insurrection by the Department of Justice or any federal court.  Special Counsel Jack Smith's federal indictment against Trump in 2023 did not charge Trump with incitement of insurrection.

Impeachment in the house was a partisan political process requiring a simple majority vote.  It was not a legal one.  There was not bi-partisan agreement and it didn't pass in the Senate.

So what?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge