Olympic Wrestling ... Day 6

Snyder won his golds by wearing his opponents down with heavy hand fighting, constant pressure, and solid positioning, then scoring when his opponents were two gassed to counter. He has gotten in trouble when trying to be too offensive, too early. Going all out early would not have gone well (see previous match against Taz). The strategy implemented was probably his best option, but Taz is just too good for Snyder to keep the match close enough for a late rally. Many would criticize him regardless of strategy, when the reality is that Taz is just the better wrestler.

I’m not sure what the challenge was actually over cause it seemed the Serb got a TD without an issue. But What’s the point of even having multiple officials present if not one of them can figure out they are looking at the wrong challenge video?  The replay wasn’t even from the same period shouldn’t they be obvious.  Especially when’s it’s called to their attention more multiple time. Honestly, in the past some of Dakes complaining to the ref has got me annoyed but he was justified in this one.  Dake should be pissed and glad he came back from it to win. 

Edited by MadMardigain

Just now, MadMardigain said:

I’m not sure what the challenge was actually over cause it seemed the Serb got a TD without an issue.  But What’s the point of even having multiple officials present if not one of them can figure out they are looking at the wrong challenge video?  Especially when’s it’s called to their attention more multiple time. Dake should be pissed on that one. 

Were they actually looking at the wrong video?

1 hour ago, wrestle87 said:

We really need to get some serious technical breakdowns of Japan as a team, they are clearly the best in the world right now and we could learn a LOT from them.  

USA wins handily at 86, 97, and 125 with the other three being tight.  How are they the best?

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

That was a bad look for Dake though… I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone yell so much, and I really don’t think he had a legitimate point

He's gonna be embarrassed when he realizes that it was indeed the right time in the review. 

*edit: I don't know what he thought his corner was challenging, but they definitely weren't looking at something from the first period. 

Edited by denger
  • Bob 1
  • Poopy 1

3 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

Snyder won his golds by wearing his opponents down with heavy hand fighting, constant pressure, and solid positioning, then scoring when his opponents were two gassed to counter. He has gotten in trouble when trying to be too offensive, too early. Going all out early would not have gone well (see previous match against Taz). The strategy implemented was probably his best option, but Taz is just too good for Snyder to keep the match close enough for a late rally. Many would criticize him regardless of strategy, when the reality is that Taz is just the better wrestler.

I can live with this Snyder loss today and Spencer's. Prbly zain too.

Everyone else you can easily say there tactical mistakes that were easily preventable with good coaching. And that is unaccepted and cannot be tolerated by USA wrestling. 

• Bob 1