One of the Most Cliché Thing to Do after the medal ceremony is...

After the medal ceremony... are you in favor of biting your medal for the cameras?!?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Don't Be A Shmo and bite that thing! vs Go Ahead... EVERYBODY does it, why shouldn't I?!?)

• DON'T BITE IT... you don't know where that medal has been!!! (What would your Mother say to you?)
    • I'll bite it! (I wanna make sure that it's REAL... even if I lose my filling while I'm at it!)

The medalist biting their medals... WHY EVEN DO IT?

And They do it, EVERY TIME!

It IS such a cliché... you at home could do a drinking game for this!

(Take a shot for every medalist that bites their medals.)

I'll even do a poll... please take your time and make your choice.

Cheers!

D3

• Bob 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

There was a meme on Twitter that showed three photographs of the same three medalists on the podium in a sport other than wrestling. The first photo showed the American gold medalist biting down on her medal, while the silver and bronze medalists watched. The second photo showed the silver medalist still watching the American biting down and so she bit down on hers. At the same time the Asian medalist who got the bronze was watching both of them with a quizzical look on her face. But with a little trepidation, she bit down on hers as well. 

It's peer pressure, D3! 

I don't want to seem like the medal police, but I say it's okay as long as you don't bite down on somebody else's medal. 

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I say no bite. Points for originality.

But then, you are asking a guy who couldn't sniff one, never mind bite one.

Unless they cover it in chocolate syrup... it will smell sweet!

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

There was a meme on Twitter that showed three photographs of the same three medalists on the podium in a sport other than wrestling. The first photo showed the American gold medalist biting down on her medal, while the silver and bronze medalists watched. The second photo showed the silver medalist still watching the American biting down and so she bit down on hers. At the same time the Asian medalist who got the bronze was watching both of them with a quizzical look on her face. But with a little trepidation, she bit down on hers as well. 

It's peer pressure, D3! 

I don't want to seem like the medal police, but I say it's okay as long as you don't bite down on somebody else's medal. 

BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE'S IT BEEN!!!

tokyo-2020-japan-medal-gold_medal-silver

(Right???)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Bob 1

16 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

It's peer pressure, D3! 

Why do I think we are getting a Sunday Comics preview.  🤔

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I say no bite. Points for originality.

But then, you are asking a guy who couldn't sniff one, never mind bite one.

LOL...same here. But still, it was kinda...cute when the young Chinese girl did it. She took Bronze in one of the Olympic Gymnastic events...but she looked like a little girl, she kinda looks up at the two on the top of the podium and it looked endearing how she copied it. 

If I see Snyder or someone doing it...well, it's hard or it to be "cute" when it looks like balding(and shorter) Thor is biting the medal, ya know? ALL due respect to Snyder, he's a stud and I've been a huge fan since he was coming up, but it's just a very different look!

Edit-Here's the link...I think, this hasn't been working for me when trying to link X.

https://x.com/why_rishi/status/1821524584287568335/video/1

Edited by scourge165
  • Bob 1
  • Fire 1

FYI... I didn't put an end date/time for this poll... put your choices in.

Don't Bite, so far, is ahead of the Bite It ... so vote, folks!

(... you'll be GLAD that you did. 😏 )

D3

11 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

FYI... I didn't put an end date/time for this poll... put your choices in.

Don't Bite, so far, is ahead of the Bite It ... so vote, folks!

(... you'll be GLAD that you did. 😏 )

D3

Only because so many were not biting on your poll I went ahead and took a bite

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

4 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Only because so many were not biting on your poll I went ahead and took a bite

f5176179-da93-446a-be9f-c781477f10f9_tex

LOL... 😏

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Bob 1