Paid Letter: The truth about Tim Walz. Just a few issues with his military record. Was only a Master Sergeant.

The PBS article mentions the Press Release.  The Press Release confirms at he was aware his unit might be deployed and he would continue his NG responsibility.  Later that month he 'retired' early by going around his superior. @RockLobster

Edited by jross
  • Bob 1

2 minutes ago, jross said:

The PBS article mentions the Press Release.  The Press Release confirms at he was aware his unit might be deployed and he would continue his NG responsibility.  Later that month he 'retired' early by going around his superior. @RockLobster

"mentions the Press Release"? What? That's not the point at all - don't be a twisted bastard here.

The PBS article is fact-checking.

That's the opposite of what you are doing.

Here it is yet again, try not to twist it further dummy.

On 8/11/2024 at 9:33 PM, RockLobster said:

...One of the many reputable sites where the claim that Walz retired after learning of deployment was debunked:

Fact-checking attacks on Walz’s military record by Vance and other Republicans | PBS News

17 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

"mentions the Press Release"? What? That's not the point at all - don't be a twisted bastard here.

The press release says his unit could be mobilized, and that Walz will continue his service.  This was supported by his superior that he had indicated he would continue.  He changed his mind and retired after the press release.

image.png 

• Bob 1

14 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Finally a voice of reason in regard to this topic!

Right...as opposed to the words of Trump himself!

I'd just note that when the first Target started burning and the looting of that began, who was it that started that fire? Eh, not important. Detract from Trump saying what a good job, "an incredible job," Tim Walz did and calling him a "great man." 

14 hours ago, jross said:

Adding some context that there was criticism before praise.

May 25: (Monday) George Floyd was murdered

There. I fixed it for you. I'd keep doing this...but it's tiring and takes a lot to continually prove some of you wrong. 

Plus there's the old saying about don't argue with a fool...it's that much worse when it's 3-4 on one...

Trump said AT THE TIME, he did a great job. Full stop. 

You want additional "context," to that, but when Walz puts in for his retirement 2 months before he even finds out his unit MIGHT be going to Iraq in 2004 and they don't go until 2006, the guy who spent 24 years in the National Guard and Teaching...he did something wrong despite retiring how everyone else does MINUS the political part where the right Swift Boats him like they did with Kerry.

The polls are a shifting. The rest is all noise. Good luck. 

Hey, I hear if Trump wins, you won't ever have to vote again. I mean, what could possibly go wrong there, right! So...good luck!

3 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I'd just note that when the first Target started burning and the looting of that began, who was it that started that fire? Eh, not important. Detract from Trump saying what a good job, "an incredible job," Tim Walz did and calling him a "great man." 

Wow...who knew, you now support things Trump says...voting for Trump than scourge??

• Bob 1

Master Sergeant is actually a very high rank. That's E-9, the highest pay grade you can get as an enlisted soldier. Most  enlisted soldiers, even if they make it to retirement, don't retire at nearly that high of a pay grade. 

He obviously did a great job of serving his country. 

Edited by red viking
  • Brain 1

2 minutes ago, red viking said:

Master Sergeant is actually a very high rank. That's E-9, the highest pay grade you can get as an enlisted soldier. Most  enlisted soldiers, even if they make it to retirement, don't retire at nearly that high of a pay grade. 

While this may be true...he still lied about a couple things in regard to his service purely for political reasons...

42 minutes ago, red viking said:

Six years huh?  Better check your math. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RockLobster said:

The PBS article is fact-checking.

That's the opposite of what you are doing.

Here it is yet again, try not to twist it further dummy.

try to read his post

he KNEW.

THEN he retired

by GOING AROUND his superior

• Bob 1
  • Poopy 1

13 hours ago, scourge165 said:

trump said he reitred before he knew he was mobilizing? 

lol

• Poopy 1

8 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

While this may be true...he still lied about a couple things in regard to his service purely for political reasons...

While it may be true that he spent a life time serving the country and communities….he did tell a couple lies for political purposes. 

BUT DONT TALK BAD ABOUT TRUMP!!!

😂😂😂😂

Oh wait, I forgot….TDS 😂

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

While it may be true that he spent a life time serving the country and communities….he did tell a couple lies for political purposes. 

BUT DONT TALK BAD ABOUT TRUMP!!!

😂😂😂😂

Oh wait, I forgot….TDS 😂

Talk about Trump all you want...I really don't give to snits about it.  Doesn't mean you don't have TDS.

• Pirate 1

7 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Talk about Trump all you want...I really don't give to snits about it.  Doesn't mean you don't have TDS.

I don’t talk about him all that much (you can check the comment history if you like), he’s about three months away from being completely irrelevant to anything but the justice system…..I was just making an observation.

Edited by WrestlingRasta
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

why are you responding to  him about riots when he is talking about something else

Your reading comprehension isn't a strong suit, is it?

Go back, read the thread...it was very specifically about Walz and his handling of the protests in the aftermath of the George Floyd murder.

As I said, you seem to struggle to hold two thoughts in your head at the same time.

Hmm...so no, Scout, you can't keep two thoughts in your head at the same time.

Again, people aren't going to care about this. 

1981-Walt enlists

He spends 24 years in. 2004 he decides to run for Congress.
2005 he puts in for his retirement.

He learns his unit MAY be deployed 

On March 23, 2005, the Pipestone County Star reported, “Detachments of the Minnesota National Guard have been ‘alerted’ of possible deployment to Iraq in mid-to-late 2006.”

LOL...again, this is beyond ridiculous when the guy who called Service Members "suckers," for enlisting and asked "what's in it for them."

I'm done on this one now. I'm just gonna enjoy watching as Walz and Harris poll numbers keep improving! 

On 8/9/2024 at 1:41 AM, scourge165 said:

And Trump, the guy who asked Kelly, "What's in it for them," and called those who died or were injured in war were "suckers." He included McCain and Bush Sr in that.

He skipped out due to...bone spurs.

What a perfect fit for the Republican Party. He and JD Vance who "served" in Iraq...in an Air Conditioned office writing propaganda on how the War was going(he also did not have relations with a couch...that's very important to understand, no sex with a couch. That didn't happen. It's an ugly rumor). 

Rather than confronting the uncomfortable situation directly, Scourge and others attempt to shift the focus from Walz to Trump and Vance. Deflecting is a childish response; an adult can face issues head-on.

It's valid to criticize Trump and Vance, but first, have the courage to acknowledge and address the criticisms of Walz.

• Brain 1