ANSWER THE QUESTION!!

This is on here a whooooole lot.  So maybe this will be fun.   In this thread, call out anyone you want, and ask them any question you want.  The person to be called out must answer.  In order for this to work, we will all need to commit to two covenants.

1)If you are going to participate, you must answer if you are called out.

2)If you are going to participate, you must agree to ignore, for two weeks, anyone who participates...but fails to answer a question.  Making any comment in this thread, with an open question to you, constitutes failing to answer a question. 

This is stupid, but to show good faith, I'll throw myself to the lambs first.  Fire away.....

• Bob 1

Just now, mspart said:

Which is better, Sweet Baby Rays, or Stubbs?

mspart

Excellent way to kick this off.  I am a fan of combining different varieties of SBR, with some other stuff.  But i think if i were to go just straight BBQ out of the bottle.......Stubbs might win that one.   That's tough.

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Excellent way to kick this off.  I am a fan of combining different varieties of SBR, with some other stuff.  But i think if i were to go just straight BBQ out of the bottle.......Stubbs might win that one.   That's tough.

I like to take a bottled sauce and spike it with cayenne and manuka honey.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

11 minutes ago, ionel said:

@Wrestleknownothing what is your current best bourbon in the cabinet? 

Well there are a couple cabinets, so I will go with two answers. Calumet Farms 15 year Single Rack Black is my favorite in cabinet one, but if you ask my wife's cousin he would prefer the Knob Creek 12 year. In cabinet two I will go with Blanton's single barrel over Weller Special Reserve. But $ for $ it is the Weller, all day.

On 8/6/2024 at 6:43 PM, mspart said:

Which is better, Sweet Baby Rays, or Stubbs?

mspart

Trick question.

Every BBQ guy will tell you the same thing. The answer is homemade sauce.

Super easy to make, ingredients likely in your cupboard, no excuses for BBQ guys here.

Edited by RockLobster

5 hours ago, ionel said:

Ok to get into the areas we really want to know about:

@RockLobster why are you so grumpy when you get off work?  

I'm not so much grumpy as I am a follower of the Golden Rule. 

I like to treat people as I'd like them to treat me.

When people treat me poorly for no good reason, I have been known to get grumpy... and sometimes worse.

2 hours ago, RockLobster said:

I'm not so much grumpy as I am a follower of the Golden Rule. 

I like to treat people as I'd like them to treat me.

When people treat me poorly for no good reason, I have been known to get grumpy... and sometimes worse.

so why do you chastise us when we call you an idiot, dipshit

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

@ionel who has gone farther? You on the bike? Or Katie Ledecky in the water (~29,300 miles)?

We talking this year? My current main road bike has 28,579 miles since 2019 but have a second road and a gravel bike.  My one year number's only ~2,400 mile cause since the move don't have weekly 3 big group rides and more time pickleball, fishing, hiking.  If you are a betting man put your money on Ledecky.  She may have more water miles than my total miles and that includes ~3 or 4 trips back to your home state moving stuff.   

2 hours ago, ionel said:

We talking this year? My current main road bike has 28,579 miles since 2019 but have a second road and a gravel bike.  My one year number's only ~2,400 mile cause since the move don't have weekly 3 big group rides and more time pickleball, fishing, hiking.  If you are a betting man put your money on Ledecky.  She may have more water miles than my total miles and that includes ~3 or 4 trips back to your home state moving stuff.   

pfff...so unimpressive...I logged WAY more minutes on my couch since 2019

• Fire 1

@mspart Why does Donald suck all day every day, and why do dipshits want to follow his suckiness.

Let's be honest, he's a distant rich bastard who doesn't give two shits about any regular people who is only running to become president so he can pardon himself on day one. (Of the dozens of felonies he's either already been convicted of and those that are still coming up.)

Felon, criminal, lying bastard all day long. What's the draw for you?

• Fire 1

21 hours ago, ionel said:

Lifetime. But we also need to handicap.

When I was swimming we used about a 4 to 1 ratio for swimming to running. Swimming a mile was like running four. Based on the winning times in Paris for the 1500s that holds up pretty well today (14.5 minutes vs 3.5 minutes = 4.14).

I took a look at the cycling individual time trials. It looks to me that the winner covered 32.4km in 36.2 minutes, or 1.69 minutes per 1500. So now we have an 8.5 to 1 ratio for swimming to cycling.

The revised question is, in your lifetime have you covered 248,463.5 (29,231 x 8.5) miles on your bikes?

19 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Lifetime. But we also need to handicap.

When I was swimming we used about a 4 to 1 ratio for swimming to running. Swimming a mile was like running four. Based on the winning times in Paris for the 1500s that holds up pretty well today (14.5 minutes vs 3.5 minutes = 4.14).

I took a look at the cycling individual time trials. It looks to me that the winner covered 32.4km in 36.2 minutes, or 1.69 minutes per 1500. So now we have an 8.5 to 1 ratio for swimming to cycling.

The revised question is, in your lifetime have you covered 248,463.5 (29,231 x 8.5) miles on your bikes?

Well if going life time then I should be able to include running which I always felt like was 2 to 1 bike to run.  Did competive running till Dr told me I'd need a new knee (3 ACLs)  sooner if continued then switched to bike ~45.  Maybe I've got the miles but no longer have the data to prove it, I know some folks like data.  BTW got the new knee ~2.5 ago so can now also hike and pickleball.   🌄 

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Well if going life time then I should be able to include running which I always felt like was 2 to 1 bike to run.  Did competive running till Dr told me I'd need a new knee (3 ACLs)  sooner if continued then switched to bike ~45.  Maybe I've got the miles but no longer have the data to prove it, I know some folks like data.  BTW got the new knee ~2.5 ago so can now also hike and pickleball.   🌄 

Just finished bike ride fresh oxygen to the brain should note 2 to 1 was 2 hrs of bike about equivalent to 1 hr run thus takes 5 miles bike to equal 1 mile run.  I'm assuming swimming much easier since basically floating?  😉 Could estimate lifetime with appropriate conversion ratio.