Would a Brooks Yazdani match be extra spicy?

Hopefully Iranian fans don’t know or forgot about it. I know he hasn’t said anything nearly as bad since, but Brooks never apologized for the comment. If he wins, I really hope he doesn’t use the opportunity to say the same thing. 

In the match,No.  I am sure both guys have put everything into winning the Olympics. Neither guy is giving 99% but now that they can do it for JC or Allah they will give 100%.

Will post match comments create an international incident?  Unlikely but its a non zero chance something is said. 

13 minutes ago, BloodRound said:

Word around church is Aaron will be sent to the depths of Hell if he drops this one... 😯

I guess you could say that someone's meal the night before they run into each other will be his...

Last Supper.

• Clown 1

i am an idiot on the internet

55 minutes ago, Rassling said:

What a REVOLTING post! YOU JC are what’s wrong in our sport.  I have to admit, after defending YOU for quite sometime, YOU DESERVE everything and then some. How thankful I am for experiencing the sport I love among all others waaaaaaaayyy back in the day when this crap NEVER EXISTED! fU - ionel was right all along and I was dead wrong!

Can't tell if this is a joke or you really have lost your shit over this one, lol. Not that big of a deal and it's a worthy question, he openly dissed Islam and they might hold a grudge. 

• Bob 1

To this day I do not see how what Brooks said is an issue. It is a fundamental of Christianity. Him saying that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven (which people say all the time, without controversy) is the same as him naming every single false prophet individually. People are soft. I know that people that follow Islam, Buddism, Catholicism, etc do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven and I disagree with them, but it does not offend me.  

• Bob 1

13 minutes ago, Gus said:

To this day I do not see how what Brooks said is an issue. It is a fundamental of Christianity. Him saying that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven (which people say all the time, without controversy) is the same as him naming every single false prophet individually. People are soft. I know that people that follow Islam, Buddism, Catholicism, etc do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven and I disagree with them, but it does not offend me.  

If he is gonna put it out there, and criticize other religions after a secular wrestling event, that’s fine, but it doesn’t mean we can’t point out that it was odd and Brooks is an over the top Christian weirdo. That’s no criticism of the religion. I am super close to people who are very devout Christians. However, if you actually believe the way he talks isn’t weird, then either you are also weird or you’re lying to yourself. 

Edited by russelscout
  • Bob 1

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

If he is gonna put it out there, and criticize other religions after a secular wrestling event, that’s fine, but it doesn’t mean we can’t point out that it was odd and Brooks is an over the top Christian weirdo. That’s no criticism of the religion. I am super close to people who are very devout Christians. However, if you actually believe the way he talks isn’t weird, then either you are also weird or you’re lying to yourself. 

I do not know the man personally so I will refrain from commenting on his personal convictions and theology. You can point out his comments and criticize them if you please, that's your liberty. I am moreso making a statement that putting anyone besides Jesus Christ as an object of salvation is an anti-Christian view. Any true Christian would hold the view that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven.

• Bob 1

13 minutes ago, Gus said:

I do not know the man personally so I will refrain from commenting on his personal convictions and theology. You can point out his comments and criticize them if you please, that's your liberty. I am moreso making a statement that putting anyone besides Jesus Christ as an object of salvation is an anti-Christian view. Any true Christian would hold the view that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven.

You can be a devout Christian, but he went out of his way to say Muhammad is a false prophet.  That is the issue.  Probably wasn't necessary.  I'm pretty sure it didn't change the mind of one Muslim.

Also said his own under hook was from God, while Yazdani's was from a "club coach."

15 minutes ago, Gus said:

And you believe that after a wrestling match is a completely normal time to make that distinction about salivation? 

• Bob 1

31 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

You can be a devout Christian, but he went out of his way to say Muhammad is a false prophet.  That is the issue.  Probably wasn't necessary.  I'm pretty sure it didn't change the mind of one Muslim.

Also said his own under hook was from God, while Yazdani's was from a "club coach."

It is not the approach that I would have taken in an evangelistic effort either but I just don't see the big controversy about it is all I am saying. 

There have been a few statements made by Aaron that lead me to believe that he is probable a Pentecostal type of Christian that I would strongly disagree with in much of his doctrine haha. 

• Bob 1

35 minutes ago, russelscout said:

And you believe that after a wrestling match is a completely normal time to make that distinction about salivation? 

While I would have personally went with just sharing 1 Cor 15:1-4, but it is his moment and what a better time to share the gospel with the biggest audience possible. 

Just now, Gus said:

While I would have personally went with just sharing 1 Cor 15:1-4, but it is his moment and what a better time to share the gospel with the biggest audience possible. 

Don’t put it out there if you can’t handle being criticized. People are allowed to disagree with Christians words and actions, especially the fanatical like Brooks and it sounds like yourself.

4 minutes ago, Gus said:

It is not the approach that I would have taken in an evangelistic effort either but I just don't see the big controversy about it is all I am saying. 

There have been a few statements made by Aaron that lead me to believe that he is probable a Pentecostal type of Christian that I would strongly disagree with in much of his doctrine haha. 

So if you wouldn’t take that approach, you understand the criticism, but also don’t believe he should be criticized? 

Just now, russelscout said:

So if you wouldn’t take that approach, you understand the criticism, but also don’t believe he should be criticized? 

Just because I would not do something does not mean that I understand the criticism. I would not flex to the crowd after a match either... 

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Don’t put it out there if you can’t handle being criticized. People are allowed to disagree with Christians words and actions, especially the fanatical like Brooks and it sounds like yourself.

Never said that anyone was not allowed to disagree. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and they can criticize if they choose to. My overarching point that seems to be flying over your head (and others as well) is that if someone is a Christian they automatically hold the view that Muhammad is a false prophet and Christ is the only way to heaven. If you want to disagree and criticize me then you can, that is fine. Like water of a ducks back brother... And if by being a fanatic you mean being a massive fan of Jesus Christ, then - yeah count me in! The only Potentate, he King of kings, the Lord of lords, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, God manifest in the flesh. Yes, I am a fanatic.

I can't believe Jimmy's schtick is still working.

Yeah...Brooks didn't need to add that. I don't think THAT is the worst thing that's been done between Christians and Muslims in the name of Religion. It'd be nice if it were. If that was the worst things got or as far as we took it. 'Err...you said something I don't like about the Prophet...now I'm...really going to try and win an Olympic Gold.'

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Just because I would not do something does not mean that I understand the criticism. I would not flex to the crowd after a match either... 

Never said that anyone was not allowed to disagree. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and they can criticize if they choose to. My overarching point that seems to be flying over your head (and others as well) is that if someone is a Christian they automatically hold the view that Muhammad is a false prophet and Christ is the only way to heaven. If you want to disagree and criticize me then you can, that is fine. Like water of a ducks back brother... And if by being a fanatic you mean being a massive fan of Jesus Christ, then - yeah count me in! The only Potentate, he King of kings, the Lord of lords, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, God manifest in the flesh. Yes, I am a fanatic.

But according to you, people are soft if they do criticize. That’s what I don’t understand. If you are discrediting another religion to prop up your own, then they say that’s some BS, they are soft? Sounds like you’re the one who can’t handle it.

48 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

I can't believe Jimmy's schtick is still working.

Yeah...Brooks didn't need to add that. I don't think THAT is the worst thing that's been done between Christians and Muslims in the name of Religion. It'd be nice if it were. If that was the worst things got or as far as we took it. 'Err...you said something I don't like about the Prophet...now I'm...really going to try and win an Olympic Gold.'

Nah, just adds to the history of Brooks being an oddly over the top religious fanatic.

• Bob 1

48 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Nah, just adds to the history of Brooks being an oddly over the top religious fanatic.

I mean... there are not many religious fanatics who AREN'T over the top...and this sport is kinda full of religious fanatics.

I just struggle to get too worked up about it anymore. I thought and still think it was kinda stupid. Just totally unnecessary, but Muslims say and think the same shit, just flipped. 

11 hours ago, russelscout said:

But according to you, people are soft if they do criticize. That’s what I don’t understand. If you are discrediting another religion to prop up your own, then they say that’s some BS, they are soft? Sounds like you’re the one who can’t handle it.

People are soft because they are very easily offended, not just because they criticize something. I can handle criticism and have never gotten upset about anything said regarding this situation. There are people that are either professing Christian’s or non-Muslims that acted like they are offended by what Brooks said. Doesn’t make much sense to me. Again, the Christian view is that Jesus Christ is the only way. So, if someone is offended by what Brooks said, then they are just offended by Christianity. This has not been a very fruitful back and forth conversation so I’m going to opt out from replying further. Have a nice day.