Wester: Elor's Coach

I read something in the local paper about a wrestling coach named  Carolyn Easter who is using some kinda sabetmetrics approach to match prep. Apparently, she coaches Elor. Have you heard of her? Any thoughts?

https://www.insidenova.com/headlines/meet-this-internationally-known-wrestling-coach-from-manassas/article_6ff0fffa-527a-11ef-b596-23e8a76cf669.html

Edited by jackwebster
  • Bob 1

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

she approaches the sport from the perspective of physiology and anatomy. Its a useful perspective.

Have you heard of her before? If so, do you know who else she works with? I'm interested in approach.

52 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

Why doesn't this girl wrestle for Israel ? Both parents from there. 

Guessing training partners. 

She was born in the US. Has always lived and wrestled in the US. Why not wrestle for the US?

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

She was born in the US. Has always lived and wrestled in the US. Why not wrestle for the US?

I actually feel if both your parents were not born in same country as you then you should represent their origin of country. If your parents do not share the same country then you should choose.

We have many many born and bred American athletes with at least 50% blood who choose to represent another country. Example the Sweden pole vaulter from Louisiana. 

Helen maroulis is also 50 percent Greek......if I'm being honest ...a championship by Brent Metcalf Kyle dake Taylor Burroughs Snyder are more true blooded American and an Olympic gold is more meaningful. She is an a converted American who is still 100 percent Israeli blood. 100 percent blood means you should represent that country. 

Now If she married an American and they have a son...he should represent American since she was born here. 

• Clown 3

Spencer Lee and maroulis are examples of those who are half American and can choose and are rightful Americans. 

Emit elor is full blooded not American. She has more in common with the turkey opponent genetically.

• Poopy 1

54 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

Spencer Lee and maroulis are examples of those who are half American and can choose and are rightful Americans. 

Emit elor is full blooded not American. She has more in common with the turkey opponent genetically.

59 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

I actually feel if both your parents were not born in same country as you then you should represent their origin of country. If your parents do not share the same country then you should choose.

We have many many born and bred American athletes with at least 50% blood who choose to represent another country. Example the Sweden pole vaulter from Louisiana. 

Helen maroulis is also 50 percent Greek......if I'm being honest ...a championship by Brent Metcalf Kyle dake Taylor Burroughs Snyder are more true blooded American and an Olympic gold is more meaningful. She is an a converted American who is still 100 percent Israeli blood. 100 percent blood means you should represent that country. 

Now If she married an American and they have a son...he should represent American since she was born here. 

Here’s the thing. You aren’t the arbiter of who is an American. That’s the US constitution and our laws. You making up your own arbitrary definition of who is an American is about as meaningful as if you created your own personal version of the Olympics.

It’s also strange that you have created a cutoff at a third generation American counting. Native Americans might not consider you to be American. I also don’t think you understand how genetics works-your genes don’t change based on where your parents are born. 

If you can’t celebrate that one of the best wrestlers in the world is American (born here, trained here, representing our country), ask yourself why that is. I’d also consider changing your handle, since using JB’s moniker to espouse this nonsense just isn’t right. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Bob 3
  • Brain 2
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

While you may think this, this is very dumb. 

• Bob 5

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

If she was born and raised in America, I don’t understand how that wouldn’t make her American? Unless, you are Native American, all of us are made up from 100% blood of other nations. 

38 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

There's some really weird stuff going on in here...

3 minutes ago, Hart2pay said:

Sounds like another maga theory!

Here we go. JFC I just wanted to know how Wester's new Gallagher-ism worked.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

The Olympics are a competition against nations, not races… this is an incredibly dumb take.

• Bob 1

6 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

What do you mean “full blooded”? Are you saying American is an ethnic group?

Edited by BuckyBadger
  • Bob 2

6 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

By your theory, every African-American is not full blooded American, and should represent another country.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.