Why isn't harris president now?

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

You’re fundamentally misunderstanding the problem. (You rarely follow a conversation correctly on here anyway so i’m not surprised).

Nobody says you have to like the VP, but when you vote you are signing off on them being 2nd in line.

Democrats might not “like” Kamala, but they did vote for her.  

LOL...you telling me I am misunderstanding a problem is rich...by the way, my opinion and what I said stands on it's own, I couldn't' give two rats behinds what you THINK it should be.

Anyway, if you need to think everyone thinks about their vote like you do go ahead...hopefully it gives you your warm and fuzzy's and you can sleep better at night in your tent at some college protest encampment than go ahead...it isn't going to change the way I think.

• Bob 1

52 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Kamela wasn’t ever considered biden’s replacement.  She was his insurance against being impeached. 

It doesn't negate uncle bernards point about the fact that the system that appointed biden assumed Harris would replace him...but this is so true. He literally picked the grossest most incompetent person he could so he would have a shot at a second term.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Nobody says you have to like the VP, but when you vote you are signing off on them being 2nd in line  

That would be relevant if he was vacating the Presidency. He is not doing that. He vacated his campaign for the 2024 election, which has not been voted yet. 

• Bob 2

2 hours ago, Caveira said:

Was Kamala (serious ?) on the ballot in the democratic primaries in 2024?   Or just Biden.  I really don’t know. 

Even if she was she could still be changed out at convention correct?  So were folks really locked in for her? 

17 minutes ago, ionel said:

Even if she was she could still be changed out at convention correct?  So were folks really locked in for her? 

I honestly don’t know.  I spent a small amount of time googling it….. and I only found articles about other sort of related stuff like ….. Kamala is the new person running for president.  When I say a small amount of time like 300 seconds before I decided idk or the Google search engine is pushing the answer down far enough I’m not going to find it.  

I ask cause …. If Biden died today the vp is 1000000% the pres.   it’s unclear to me if that applies to incumbent pres dropping out of next years race.   I.e…. Did Kamala get vote via “Biden” being pres or is it more ambiguous.  

• Bob 1

Kamela polls best when the media talks her up, when she starts campaigning in person, as one fellow put it, she’s like a black hiliary, appalling and repelling.

And she hasn’t been approved by the Supreme Leader yet. 

Edited by Offthemat

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

She was today.   Michelle called her her girl and roundly applauded the situation we are now all in.  

mspart

Is this like Biden calling LL Cool J "boy?" 

18 minutes ago, mspart said:

She was today.   Michelle called her her girl and roundly applauded the situation we are now all in.  

mspart

That call was as fake as a $3 bill and if you think they’re not plotting for when kalema’s campaign sinks , mark my words. 

• Bob 1

It's interesting seeing JD Vance call for Biden to resign while I believe Trump hasn't done this yet.  Trump, as flawed as he is as a leader, has incredible political instincts. I think he recognizes that calling for Biden to resign is a de facto endorsement of Kamala for being President. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Bob 1