Bought a house, who has advise?

Hammerlock3

I just bought a pretty decent house, you guys have any advise sense i'm dealing with a clean slate essentially?

Stuff you find interesting, I don't need advise on having the foundation looked at and making the sure the plumbing works. For example anyone have starlink?

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

We moved a year ago, initially only one option but couple months ago Verizon Home 5g became available.  Its half the cost of our previous and at least twice the speed.  Others in our area on Starlink if you have data access think VzH5g better.  

• Bob 1

24 minutes ago, Danny Deck said:

T-Mobile has a 5G home internet plan as well. It was plenty fast when I did the test drive (caveat, I don't game), but didn't play nicely with the work VPN. 

Overall, if you can get fiber, I think that's still the way to go even if it's more expensive. I have AT&T and it has been solid.

Did T-Mobile in our current home and had, at a time not long ago, three gamers in the house; all streaming (Hulu, Netflix, etc no cable or dish) on the TV;  and a remote worker. Have never had any problems. So for whatever it’s worth….

Edited by WrestlingRasta
  • Bob 2

I just bought a pretty decent house, you guys have any advise sense i'm dealing with a clean slate essentially?
Stuff you find interesting, I don't need advise on having the foundation looked at and making the sure the plumbing works. For example anyone have starlink?

Something I always find issues with is drainage around the foundation. Backfill settles, homeowners add landscaping rock and mulch, rainwater from the roof washes away material, and before you know it, water is flowing towards the foundation.
  • Bob 2

2 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

how handy are you? what year was the house built?

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

12 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Invest in a good window cleaning system. Squeegee, scrubber, bucket, telescopic pole…

@Hammerlock3 to add on to this check all your windows and exterior doors. Caulk where necessary.  Check your window panes and make sure they are up to snuff.  Weather strip all your exterior doors.  Homeowners waste a lot of money on heating and cooling due to poor maintenance on easy fixes

• Bob 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

On 7/12/2024 at 7:14 AM, JimmyBT said:

https://www.americanfinancing.net/saving-money/extra-mortgage-principal-payments#

Anytime you can,  pay extra towards your principal.  

^^^ this ^^^ take out loan on 30 yr rate and amortization but set up your monthly payment equal to the 20 yr amortization.  You'll thank us in ~15 years.  💰 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2