If Bassett chooses Iowa

On 7/10/2024 at 8:20 AM, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah iowa is at rock bottom, and their coaches are stupid. Thats probably it

No, Iowa is not there and the coaches are not Stupid, but challenged - especially when compared to Cael.

Pointing out and discussing Reality and "hating" are not the same thing. Your mind is malfunctioning - maybe due to Cliimate change or the Ozone Layer or too much lusting after Marie Osmond?

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

50 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

No, Iowa is not there and the coaches are not Stupid, but challenged - especially when compared to Cael.

Pointing out and discussing Reality and "hating" are not the same thing. Your mind is malfunctioning - maybe due to Cliimate change or the Ozone Layer or too much lusting after Marie Osmond?

For a 64 year old w/ 8 children (3 biological- 5 adopted), she's one hot mama... rrrrrrowr! 😏 (easy there, tiger... easy!)

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2024 at 9:00 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

TBH, i think I lost the plot of the thread on the first page when I let the verbiage transition from "teammate" to "leader". I brought forth complaints about taylor which make much more sense in one context than the other. So, the waters are really muddy now, if you can think of a clarifying question i will answer.

It's not much of a distinction to me. 

David Taylor was a better "teammate" than Leader as they had ample leadership, but it's tough to find a 2X Hodge winner, 4X finalist and one of the top ~10 greatest Wrestlers ever. 

I've seen no evidence he's not exceptional in both regards. 

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

David Taylor was a better "teammate" than Leader as they had ample leadership, but it's tough to find a 2X Hodge winner, 4X finalist and one of the top ~10 greatest Wrestlers ever. 

ok so as long as you are pointing out that his value to the program might have been predicated more on being good at wrestling than moral virtue (beyond the virtues required to be good at wrestling as an individual) i'm ok.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

On 7/7/2024 at 6:08 PM, Fletcher said:

Bassett's ceiling in college is low AA regardless of school.

Now that is a brilliant comment - A high school kid going into his junior year who has already beaten 4X AA and NC Anthony Ashnault in competition has a ceiling of low AA.  This is an truly example of what the word inconceivable is suppose to be used for.

• Bob 4

5 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Now that is a brilliant comment - A high school kid going into his junior year who has already beaten 4X AA and NC Anthony Ashnault in competition has a ceiling of low AA.  This is an truly example of what the word inconceivable is suppose to be used for.

I believe Fletcher is a legit, professional comedian. I think I've seen a post of him on one of the other boards announcing an upcoming stand up show he was performing in. 

I might be misremembering or mixing him up with someone 

55 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I believe Fletcher is a legit, professional comedian. I think I've seen a post of him on one of the other boards announcing an upcoming stand up show he was performing in. 

Well ok but does he have his own Sunday morning comic strip? 

1 hour ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Nope. Some dude named "FunnyFletcher" was on the old board for a short while and was a comedian, but I'm the original. And my posts are deadly serious.

On 7/24/2024 at 9:35 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

ok so as long as you are pointing out that his value to the program might have been predicated more on being good at wrestling than moral virtue (beyond the virtues required to be good at wrestling as an individual) i'm ok.

That's one way to intentionally misinterpret what I'm saying...

Remember when I specifically used Ferrari as NOT a good leader?

Now...tell me if those two thoughts line up?

Just now, scourge165 said:

That's one way to intentionally misinterpret what I'm saying...

Remember when I specifically used Ferrari as NOT a good leader?

Now...tell me if those two thoughts line up?

i honestly don't see any logical cohesion to what you're saying. Please elaborate.

2 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i honestly don't see any logical cohesion to what you're saying. Please elaborate.

No, I've elaborated enough, I gave you a length of traits that made a leader, you ignored it with the claim that he refused to Wrestle his main rival for the Olympics and...something about hiding an injury so Nickal(who again, did Wrestle) couldn't medal, assigning some sort of motivation beyond simply trying to heal).

If you can't understand what I've said by this point, you don't want to...

2 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

No, I've elaborated enough, I gave you a length of traits that made a leader, you ignored it with the claim that he refused to Wrestle his main rival for the Olympics and...something about hiding an injury so Nickal(who again, did Wrestle) couldn't medal, assigning some sort of motivation beyond simply trying to heal).

If you can't understand what I've said by this point, you don't want to...

for my benefit, please summarize the conflict from your perspective.

Everyone knows what it means. Lead by example, you're working hard, you're helping the younger kids...just...being a leader. Does every iteration of being a leader need to be spelled out?

And please don't come back with assholes who were great Wrestlers but not leaders. The point was they TEND to be or they usually are. I'll assume Zain, DT, Ruth, Lee, Wrestlers like that have been pretty good leaders. 

I'd assume Spencer Lee has been...you watch what he did for his workouts, I'm sure you've got young guys who he's influenced. 

Ok...so not on his College team, but competing with the guy who was his biggest threat to make the Olympic team, Taylor and Brooks didn't train("out of respect," per Brooks) and then the knee injury presumably in 2019 that he tried to rehab? And you're claim is that he "hid" the injury so Nickal couldn't Wrestle(though he did) and the purpose of hiding it was to prevent Nickal from winning a medal? I thought he was just trying to rehab and was unable to do so. 

So in this case, he'd have had to work out with Brooks and disclose his injury to Nickal so he'd cut down to 86 instead of going 92KG where he couldn' beat Cox? 

I'm not sure how either would be disqualifying or how they relate to what was pretty clearly a discussion about College Teammates. 

No, a leader doesn't have to put anyone's goals before his own or it's "needs." They need to do the right things. They can lead by example, they can be vocal. You want a precise definition, go look up the definition of leader. I feel like most people who's been around the sport know it when they see it. 

-Good Role Model
-Lead by example
-Don't get into trouble
-Don't get arrested for rape or crash your truck into people(so it definitely doesn't just get "dropped" on the best Wrestler in the room). 

If you get hired one of the 3-4 blue blood programs in the Sport and it's probably the most consequential move in the sport in ~15 years, I'd guess it's safe to say you're a good leader. 

If you want ME to give you an exact and all encompassing definition of a leader...I'm probably not going to be able to do so. 

I've outlined it pretty clearly in my posts. 

I'm not going to be spending more energy on what I feel like is becoming an intellectually dishonest conversation at this point. You don't know what being a leader means and after I wrote all this, you concluded it was exclusively...based on what I'd written, being a good Wrestler?

8 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I'm not going to be spending more energy on what I feel like is becoming an intellectually dishonest conversation at this point. You don't know what being a leader means and after I wrote all this, you concluded it was exclusively...based on what I'd written, being a good Wrestler?

You backed him into a corner and all he can do is troll his way out. 

• Bob 1

On 7/31/2024 at 1:00 AM, scourge165 said:

Well i find your definition so generic that I think you undervalue true leadership.

On 7/25/2024 at 1:49 PM, Fletcher said:

Nope. Some dude named "FunnyFletcher" was on the old board for a short while and was a comedian, but I'm the original. And my posts are deadly serious.

image.thumb.png.80b4902dc41598cbed3db4f6382705d9.png

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

On 7/25/2024 at 1:49 PM, Fletcher said:

I'm still around, I just rarely post