Evidence the left is much more radicalized than the right

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ionel said:

That isn't "the right" it’s just a few misguided politicians in Louisiana.  Most don't agree with this although there may be value in teaching the history of law but that doesn't mean you have to require displaying all laws in public schools, we've got books and libraries for that.  Conclusion: your post is mostly fib.  

A “few” misguided politicians didn’t do this. It passed with 30 gop votes. The state superintendent of OK is gop. How is my post a fib when it’s literally happening with proof? Other states gop such as arizona have introduced the same thing. https://azmirror.com/2024/03/19/support-for-a-gop-push-to-allow-the-ten-commandments-in-az-schools-falters-in-the-house/

Edited by braves121

7 minutes ago, braves121 said:

A “few” misguided politicians didn’t do this. It passed with 30 gop votes. The state superintendent of OK is gop. How is my post a fib when it’s literally happening with proof? Other states gop such as arizona have introduced the same thing. https://azmirror.com/2024/03/19/support-for-a-gop-push-to-allow-the-ten-commandments-in-az-schools-falters-in-the-house/

This definitely shows the country has gone too far to the right.   Try again.

mspart

7 minutes ago, braves121 said:

30 GOP in Louisiana are not the "US right."

4 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

So a party passing an unconstitutional anti 1A bill isn’t going too far?

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

30 GOP in Louisiana are not the "US right."

I have given you 2 other examples of republicans in different states introducing or mandating the same or similar bills

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, braves121 said:

So a party passing an unconstitutional anti 1A bill isn’t going too far?

It is not "the party" but in Lousiana. 

And btw, what does the constitution say about it?

5 minutes ago, braves121 said:

I have given you 2 other examples of republicans in different states introducing or mandating the same or similar bills

The 2nd example is a news article behind a paywall that is talking about something different in Oklahoma.

Edited by ionel

21 minutes ago, ionel said:

The 2nd example is a news article behind a paywall that is talking about something different in Oklahoma.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof aka separation of church and state

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ionel said:

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/27/nx-s1-5021971/oklahoma-state-superintendent-says-schools-must-assimilate-the-bible-into-curriculum
here is no paywall, i mention the superintendent of OK making public schools teach from the vibe because it’s related to the Ten Commandments law. So every person who voted yes for the law in LA was gop, this superintendent in another state forcing the Bible is gop, trump who is gop supports the Ten Commandments bill, and AZ gop introduced the same bill. So 4 different groups od republicans in 4 different we states  support this but you say it’s not a party issue?

Edited by braves121

4 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof aka separation of church and state

Pretty sure it doesn't say "separation of church and state."  Like I said I don't agree unless perhaps in history class etc.  Ten commandments old Isreal law correct?  But also how does it affect "establishment of religion?"  

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Pretty sure it doesn't say "separation of church and state."  Like I said I don't agree unless perhaps in history class etc.  Ten commandments old Isreal law correct?  But also how does it affect "establishment of religion?"  

When a public school only require posting of religious documents of one religion, that is establishing a religion. This will be struck down in the courts as unconstitutional 

Edited by braves121

15 minutes ago, braves121 said:

When a public school only require posting of religious documents of one religion, that is establishing a religion. This will be struck down in the courts as unconstitutional 

I'm not crazy about this precedent either, however I think its a response to all the BLM and Trans flag stuff thats funneled into classrooms...but beyond that, I think your choice to ground the argument on this issue, in light of the major issues facing the country, undermines your argument in the context of the whole topic.   

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, mspart said:

mspart

Not the country, but certainly the Republican Party. There have been other attempts by the Republican Party to do the same in other states, but it has not passed the legislature. Meanwhile, you want to offer Biden's attempted, but failed, waiver of student loans as radicalization of the Democratic Party.

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

I think the DNC has a first mover problem, they all want him out but no one wants to be the person who ousted him in favor of someone who is gonna lose anyway.

9 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

What is the harm in displaying the 10 Commandments in public buildings?

ostensibly because we are on a short road to theocracy...in reality because it's seen as a political statement(like 'pride' flags, BLM etc)

ostensibly because we are on a short road to theocracy...in reality because it's seen as a political statement(like 'pride' flags, BLM etc)

I’m guessing the people who are OK with it would be decidedly against me plastering my favorite verses from the Quran on the classroom walls.
  • Brain 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I’m guessing the people who are OK with it would be decidedly against me plastering my favorite verses from the Quran on the classroom walls.

your claim is that 100% of them would against it, and all for reasons related to ignorance and prejudice?

I dont think thats what you are saying but im using the question as an example of why i dont think your opinion is nuanced enough.

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Poopy 1

5 minutes ago, Le duke said:

What’s your favorite verse from the Quran?