Alot of Buzz coming for New Associate HC at Rutgers

On 6/30/2024 at 6:15 PM, gravevine said:

Looks as if it maybe Bryan Synder. Hope it gets a guaranteed contract to be the next coach. Otherwise, it could be similar to what happened at Oklahoma State

Who would Nebraska hire to backfill for Snyder?

Who’s high caliber that’s willing to work under Goodale?  Ie.  Don’t see a Coleman Scott coming in as 2nd in command.  Will have to be someone still working up the ladder to be HC.

If AD is smart better be someone who’s being groomed to take the HC spot.

20 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

The Russian Sidakov is giving a clinic at Rutgers this weekend on the 7th. New assistant coach while also training for MMA?  Make it happen Goodale. 

Does he speak English?

3 hours ago, PJ141 said:

If AD is smart better be someone who’s being groomed to take the HC spot.

Yea, but that's how they got Pritzlaff to leave Michigan. Then over the course of the last nine years, Goodale convinced himself all of Rutgers' success was due to himself and never followed through with his end of the deal.

On 6/30/2024 at 7:15 PM, gravevine said:

Looks as if it maybe Bryan Synder. Hope it gets a guaranteed contract to be the next coach. Otherwise, it could be similar to what happened at Oklahoma State

Except Snyder wouldn’t be leaving a HC job, although he would be leaving a lateral position at a better program in a lower COL area.  But maybe he wants to get back to the East coast. 

Also looks like Manning is about 10 years older than Goodale so I would think he’s actually closer to retirement…

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

A public university like Rutgers or Nebraska can't contractually guarantee anyone a position, can they? Don't they have to go through the normal hiring process?

You are correct. Same thing as OKST/Coleman situation.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

You are correct. Same thing as OKST/Coleman situation.

Yeah. Which makes me scratch my head and wonder why some of these guys would leave their current gigs for what is very much an unknown. 

Like, let's say that Snyder takes the Rutgers AHC job. If Goodale retires next year ( and I am not at all saying he would do this or has any interest, at all), someone like Jordan Burroughs could come in an snatch the HC job away from him. 

Seems to me he's a lot less likely to get snaked at Nebraska, being a young-ish-but-long-standing member of the staff, than a guy who is at Rutgers for a year (hypothetically) when the HC job opens up.

Edited by Le duke
  • Brain 1

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Yeah. Which makes me scratch my head and wonder why some of these guys would leave their current gigs for what is very much an unknown. 

Like, let's say that Snyder takes the Rutgers AHC job. If Goodale retires next year ( and I am not at all saying he would do this or has any interest, at all), someone like Jordan Burroughs could come in an snatch the HC job away from him. 

Seems to me he's a lot less likely to get snaked at Nebraska, being a young-ish-but-long-standing member of the staff, than a guy who is at Rutgers for a year (hypothetically) when the HC job opens up.

I agree 100%.

34 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Plus isn’t Goodale like a decade younger than manning ?

On 7/2/2024 at 10:01 AM, AnklePicker said:

The Russian Sidakov is giving a clinic at Rutgers this weekend on the 7th. New assistant coach while also training for MMA?  Make it happen Goodale. 

frankie edgars gym is right there too

Coaching jobs could be a premium soon. With the number of D1 teams forecasted to dramatically shrink due to college football needing all the money to pay players, it may advantageous for coaches to find stable programs and hang on to their position. 5 years from now there may only be college wrestling at 40 or so schools at the D1 level with D1 pay. Roster limits may also spread to coaching limits. You know player salaries will only esculate with no salary cap for paying players every school will be looking for every dollar they can to pay that top recruit or top transfer. The back pay will cause incredible pain at the lower level D1 programs that have D1 football. Yes, PSU, Iowa, tOSU and those of that ilk have enormous athletic budgets, but what about teams like Buffaloe, CMich, WVa, Wyoming (just schools I thought may not have super large budgets)? The back pay could cause a nightmare to try to back pay and pay the current players. So coaches should be consider stability when looking to move on with their careers.

4 hours ago, BlueWolverine said:

Yea, but that's how they got Pritzlaff to leave Michigan. Then over the course of the last nine years, Goodale convinced himself all of Rutgers' success was due to himself and never followed through with his end of the deal.

do you always make up lies

• Brain 1
  • Clown 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates from anyone really in the know at RU?

Hear Snyder passed which is not surprising.

Think it will be hard for RU to make a splash hire for AHC.  If it was for HC they stand a better chance.

Would love to know what the AD is thinking if there is any aspiration to level up.

• Brain 1

On 7/3/2024 at 1:02 PM, Camel Wrestling Fan said:

Coaching jobs could be a premium soon. With the number of D1 teams forecasted to dramatically shrink due to college football needing all the money to pay players, it may advantageous for coaches to find stable programs and hang on to their position. 5 years from now there may only be college wrestling at 40 or so schools at the D1 level with D1 pay. Roster limits may also spread to coaching limits. You know player salaries will only esculate with no salary cap for paying players every school will be looking for every dollar they can to pay that top recruit or top transfer. The back pay will cause incredible pain at the lower level D1 programs that have D1 football. Yes, PSU, Iowa, tOSU and those of that ilk have enormous athletic budgets, but what about teams like Buffaloe, CMich, WVa, Wyoming (just schools I thought may not have super large budgets)? The back pay could cause a nightmare to try to back pay and pay the current players. So coaches should be consider stability when looking to move on with their careers.

I hate that this could be spot on

It has been hard for Goodale to keep top staff or convince an All American coach to join him. Ashnault, Pritzlaff, Molinaro, and Leonardis left. Plus Zach Rey, Nate Jackson, and now Bryan Synder turned him down for an open position. The next question is will Rivera and Buxton stay after the Olympics? Currently Rutgers does have a coach who was an All American. The only Big Ten program that can claim this fact.

16 minutes ago, gravevine said:

It has been hard for Goodale to keep top staff or convince an All American coach to join him. Ashnault, Pritzlaff, Molinaro, and Leonardis left. Plus Zach Rey, Nate Jackson, and now Bryan Synder turned him down for an open position. The next question is will Rivera and Buxton stay after the Olympics? Currently Rutgers does have a coach who was an All American. The only Big Ten program that can claim this fact.

Did you mean doesn't????

On 7/13/2024 at 6:10 PM, PJ141 said:

Goodale is in the way in a lot of ways…

Yeah and the Program is a mess??

Rutgers returns 5 guys that have already been  All-Americans and the rest of the line up has NCAA Tournament Qualifiers at every weight..Might see a frosh break line up at 1 weight

Again one of the Best atmospheres and highest attended ( top 4) paid venues in NCAA Wrestling @Jersey Mikes Arena on Rutgers Campus

This years Recruiting class was ranked #4

4. Rutgers
Recruits: 
#26 Conner Harer: Montgomery, PA (165), #32 Nate Blanchette: Central Catholic, MA (184), #34 Ayden Smith: Notre Dame-Green Pond, PA (125), #40 Andrew Barbosa: Palm Desert, CA (157), #53 Mason Gibson: Bishop McCort, PA (125/133), #117 Alex Nini: Christian Brothers, NJ (141), #183 Ryan Ford: Bergen Catholic, NJ (157), #206 Kurt Wehner: Donovan Catholic, NJ (125), NR Donovan DiStefano: Wall Township, NJ (149), NR Brandon Toranzo: Nutley, NJ (285), NR Nick Villani: Bernards, NJ (141/149)

I would think most NCAA D1 Coaches pray they can get " IN THE WAY" as much as Goodale!

Edited by feet2back
  • Brain 1
  • Poopy 1

20 hours ago, feet2back said:

Yeah and the Program is a mess??

Rutgers returns 5 guys that have already been  All-Americans and the rest of the line up has NCAA Tournament Qualifiers at every weight..Might see a frosh break line up at 1 weight

Again one of the Best atmospheres and highest attended ( top 4) paid venues in NCAA Wrestling @Jersey Mikes Arena on Rutgers Campus

This years Recruiting class was ranked #4

4. Rutgers
Recruits: 
#26 Conner Harer: Montgomery, PA (165), #32 Nate Blanchette: Central Catholic, MA (184), #34 Ayden Smith: Notre Dame-Green Pond, PA (125), #40 Andrew Barbosa: Palm Desert, CA (157), #53 Mason Gibson: Bishop McCort, PA (125/133), #117 Alex Nini: Christian Brothers, NJ (141), #183 Ryan Ford: Bergen Catholic, NJ (157), #206 Kurt Wehner: Donovan Catholic, NJ (125), NR Donovan DiStefano: Wall Township, NJ (149), NR Brandon Toranzo: Nutley, NJ (285), NR Nick Villani: Bernards, NJ (141/149)

I would think most NCAA D1 Coaches pray they can get " IN THE WAY" as much as Goodale!

I too am shook by the Goodale hate here. They have fans, results, and recruits. 

unless they’re looking to catch Penn State immediately (I.e. pour millions into big name coaching and NIL), I’d say they’re looking great. 

I'm not sure all discussion is hate.  I consider myself a Goodale fan but he has supporters that jump to interupt any discussion about the program that isn't entirely positive.   I think good fan discussion takes place somewhere between the cheerleaders and the haters.  

Losing Pritzlaff was a big blow.  His arrival marked the start of some post season success for a team that struggled there.  I think fans are eager to see a replacement that can help continue that success. 

Some fans of course want a lot more and others have their loyalties while demanding very little.  I think most are watching this closely and hoping for the best.