Tonight's Debate

11 minutes ago, mspart said:

I have not read this whole thread but I thought the moderators actually did a good job.   They asked tough questions of both and followed up essentially saying you did not answer the question.   Please do.   Media never does that and it was refreshing to see that.   I thought the questions were fair and I thought they kept the candidates to their time limits.  

Overall good job by CNN and their moderators.

Biden looked like what we all expected except those that drank the "he so energetic I can't keep up with him" kool aid.  

Trump was not especially great either.   I agree with Jonathon Turley that Robert Hur was the winner last night.  He was totally exonerated after the Ds went after him with knives in his back.   Again, the lies were brought into the light and proved lies.  

mspart

Not too sure where child care lies on the list of most important issues.  Chinese spy balloons, land acquisition, our energy production, military readiness, and such would be more important to me. 

• Bob 2

24 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Not too sure where child care lies on the list of most important issues.  Chinese spy balloons, land acquisition, our energy production, military readiness, and such would be more important to me. 

I don't disagree, but the questions, I thought, were good and made them each think.   Your list of questions would have been good no doubt. 

mspart

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Chinese spy balloons? Be serious lol. You think they're gonna invade or something?

They've got a miniature AI invasion force that can launch from the balloons.  Once they've invaded & control Wyoming look out!  😮

9 hours ago, mspart said:

I heard after debate that all Trump did was lie.   But they say this and never were specific in what he lied about, just assuming that everyone listening to them believes as they do.  

Being specific, please state the lies that were said in the debate.   

mpart

I guess that was just too much to ask?

• Bob 1

5 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Chinese spy balloons? Be serious lol. You think they're gonna invade or something?

you say that as if ignorant of the fact that china is a nefarious influence on the world

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

12 hours ago, mspart said:

I heard after debate that all Trump did was lie.   But they say this and never were specific in what he lied about, just assuming that everyone listening to them believes as they do.  

mpart

Everything Trump says is a lie even when he says he is lying he is actually lying.  🙄

• Ionel 1

13 hours ago, mspart said:

mpart

C'mon mspart. I know you are capable of using Google. Here's a couple links to get you started:

https://www.factcheck.org/

Trump and Biden's first presidential debate of 2024, fact checked - CBS News

7 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

such a good boy

Elder abuse. Joe you ate all of your breakfast, what a good boy. I'm so proud of you. 

Edited by Paul158
missed a word.

speaking of lies and gaslighting

the biden team actually posted this

News flash lady. Arizona is always really hot. I spent 2 years in Yuma ,Arizona in 1974 and 1975. Its unreal how hot it gets. It is the same temperature still today. Now, northern Arizona is considerably cooler. 

• Bob 1

speaking of lies and gaslighting

the biden team actually posted this

If you believe in climate change and global warming then why in the world would you be living in Arizona where its always been hot and they don't have a sustainable water supply? 

• Bob 1

55 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Let's slow down and wait for it.  They'll soon be lying about how they weren't lying to us.  

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

16 hours ago, ionel said:

Let's slow down and wait for it.  They'll soon be lying about how they weren't lying to us.  

Who the fu** is "They"?

And who the fu** is "us"?

All the paranoid crazies running from shadows and scared of any squirrel that looks at them wrong.

And now you're a piece of that pie.

• Clown 1

On 6/28/2024 at 11:19 PM, Scouts Honor said:

the chinese WOULD NEVER do anything to hurt another nation

Get used to other nations "waging a war" on Isn'treal. 

It's what happens to pariah states.