141 Jamison

149 JW

157 Caleb Fish

165 CAM AMINE

174 Mean Dean

184 D Plott

197 Christmas Carroll

285 Pindrickson

Hughes will AA at 133 this year, mark that one down. 

• Brain 3
  • Fire 1

Well shit.  Those doubting (me and others)... Carroll is entered at 92 KG (~202.8lbs) for U23s...

How is a kid who has never wrestled in college not eligible for U20s?

Levi Haines is a 2x NCAA finalist and is still eligible to be at U20s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

How is a kid who has never wrestled in college not eligible for U20s?

Levi Haines is a 2x NCAA finalist and is still eligible to be at U20s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U20 has qualification criteria.

The entry list for all of U20s is 155 and U23s is 690.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Well shit.  Those doubting (me and others)... Carroll is entered at 92 KG (~202.8lbs) for U23s...

Still different to weight in all season at 197 versus getting down for a tournament to 202.8. Almost 6 pounds more for the entire season. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Still different to weight in all season at 197 versus getting down for a tournament to 202.8. Almost 6 pounds more for the entire season. 

but vs 97kg? 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Clearly he is already starting the descent and transforming his body. This just shows his dedication to making 197. Looks like he’s taking it seriously. 

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, Gus said:

Clearly he is already starting the descent and transforming his body. This just shows his dedication to making 197. Looks like he’s taking it seriously. 

Sure.... Still doesn't change that cutting another 6 pounds for an entire season is different. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

16 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Sure.... Still doesn't change that cutting another 6 pounds for an entire season is different. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s on a pitch count, they may send him to some 2 day weigh tournaments to see if his body can hold up, they still have Surber to fall back on if he can’t hold the weight …if he’s having trouble making 197 consistently don’t be surprised to see him just disappear mid season to an unknown “injury” bc they hand out Medical years like candy nowadays 

18 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

It'll be funny if Gilman tries to fight the Iowa lineup after the dual. What a turn of events that would be

He's a different guy now, more mature. 

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

Joe Smith would like word.  😉

• Bob 1

23 hours ago, H82Lose said:

Hughes will AA at 133 this year, mark that one down. 

Pretty sure you could get a sig bet with fly on that and we all know he needs a new avatar.  

• Bob 1

On 5/24/2024 at 6:31 PM, CowboyYe2024 said:

thats what I am thinking but I have only seen him wrestle one college guy though

I get it, he is just a RS not a lot of experience.  

2 hours ago, H82Lose said:

lol pump the brakes on that one. 

ok, ok maybe I'm a little too excited about Hughes taking over for Fix, but Fix seemed to have a hard time there at the end of his career with the younger studs.  They seemed to out funk and scramble Fix, like Frost, Bouzakis, Arujau, and Ragusin.  I feel like Hughes and Fix both 4X undefeated State Champions are similar but Hughes with a little more funking sh$t in his style.  And with Hughes not really having a College resume yet, it is interesting to note that he did beat in high school some of the up and coming high school greats like Sirgio Lemley, Luke Lilledahl, Mason Gibson, Nasir Bailey, Evan Frost and Aden Valencia.

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, poke1 said:

ok, ok maybe I'm a little too excited about Hughes taking over for Fix, but Fix seemed to have a hard time there at the end of his career with the younger studs.  They seemed to out funk and scramble Fix, like Frost, Bouzakis, Arujau, and Ragusin.  I feel like Hughes and Fix both 4X undefeated State Champions are similar but Hughes with a little more funking sh$t in his style.  And with Hughes not really having a College resume yet, it is interesting to note that he did beat in high school some of the up and coming high school greats like Sirgio Lemley, Luke Lilledahl, Mason Gibson, Nasir Bailey, Evan Frost and Aden Valencia.

This is some bonkers stuff.  

Fix beat all of the guys you mentioned except Arujau.  They didn't outscramble him.  He didn't even touch Vito's leg for the most part.  Vito scored clean off his own shots.  And Vito's a world champ.  He wasn't outscrambling Fix, he was just better at wrestling.

Being a 4X Oklahoma champ doesn't mean they were similar in HS.  There are tons of 4X Oklahoma champs, and most never come close to Fix's level.

You are massively reaching to say Hughes is close to Fix, let alone better.

2 minutes ago, boconnell said:

This is some bonkers stuff.  

Fix beat all of the guys you mentioned except Arujau.  They didn't outscramble him.  He didn't even touch Vito's leg for the most part.  Vito scored clean off his own shots.  And Vito's a world champ.  He wasn't outscrambling Fix, he was just better at wrestling.

Being a 4X Oklahoma champ doesn't mean they were similar in HS.  There are tons of 4X Oklahoma champs, and most never come close to Fix's level.

You are massively reaching to say Hughes is close to Fix, let alone better.

He’s just excited about his guy. And while there have been quite a few 4xers in OK there have not been many undefeated 4Xers. And Hughes does have a nice hit list. The future is bright.