Taylor's Assistants at OKST

4 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Who cares if it's all PSU guys? They're the best program out there, and none of the others are close.  

Just to add depth to this comment, PSU guys are in shape, tough, skilled, make you tired, wrestle in all three positions, are the best with collar ties and underhooks (which are working the best right now)...what exactly do you want from another program? Someone to teach elbow control? they just passed on the best guy for that.

I'm annoyed by PSU's success, just cause its not very exciting, but as long as they are outcoaching everyone as well as outrecruiting them how can you complain.

• Bob 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

8 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Just to add depth to this comment, PSU guys are in shape, tough, skilled, make you tired, wrestle in all three positions, are the best with collar ties and underhooks (which are working the best right now)...what exactly do you want from another program? Someone to teach elbow control? they just passed on the best guy for that.

I'm annoyed by PSU's success, just cause its not very exciting, but as long as they are outcoaching everyone as well as outrecruiting them how can you complain.

Maybe I should have said “Taylor’s buddies” instead of “PSU guys.”  Gilman and Kennedy were only there for a couple years and so some may not necessarily call them “PSU guys”

Just now, 1032004 said:

Maybe I should have said “Taylor’s buddies” instead of “PSU guys.”  Gilman and Kennedy were only there for a couple years and so some may not necessarily call them “PSU guys”

I actually have a related opinion on PSU thats original, one of their key advantages is the cohesiveness of the staff. I think a lot of this is because they have enough money to go around, but I've never had even an intuition that the PSU backstage is as Jerry Springer show as most programs.

• Bob 2

On 5/7/2024 at 9:16 AM, jchapman said:

Is there a real possibility that DT will have zero Cowboys on his staff?

I doubt it will be a consideration for Taylor in his hiring one way or the other. 

3 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I actually have a related opinion on PSU thats original, one of their key advantages is the cohesiveness of the staff.

Agreed. All the coaches except Kennedy have been there at least thirteen years.  They all must jive with each other.

6 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I actually have a related opinion on PSU thats original, one of their key advantages is the cohesiveness of the staff. I think a lot of this is because they have enough money to go around, but I've never had even an intuition that the PSU backstage is as Jerry Springer show as most programs.

What programs are thought to have a “backstage that is Jerry Springer,” except maybe Iowa?  

7 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

The older of whom should definitely be gone.  But how do you break that to Daton?

Derek won't be on staff in any form. but he'll be around. he's excited. and he's a great dude.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

TBD

9 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Fun fact: Taylor wrestled Kennedy's sister in 8th grade.  He was terrified of her because she had a mean headlock and was a girl.  Very scary for a prepubescent boy. Taylor won by fall.

Years later, he married the girl with the mean headlock.

39 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Fun fact: Taylor wrestled Kennedy's sister in 8th grade.  He was terrified of her because she had a mean headlock and was a girl.  Very scary for a prepubescent boy. Taylor won by fall.

Years later, he married the girl with the mean headlock.

OSU should hire her as Director of wrestling operations and then I’m sure she could get a lot of screen time on ESPN+

• Bob 1

5 hours ago, 1032004 said:

What programs are thought to have a “backstage that is Jerry Springer,” except maybe Iowa?  

Iowa's problem isn't that its jerry springer show its that their staff is a monolith.

You want me to do a rundown of every conversation I've had with a college athlete/coach what they felt like divulging?

• Bob 1

16 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

St Paris has a few in coaching Steibler at Ohio state , Brascetta at Maryland , Heil was coaching until this most recent Olympic run I think he ll be back in a D1 room sooner then later , NATO was on the duke staff until 2 years ago I know he has his own academy but good chance he jumps back In at some point  

Stieber, Heil, and Nato did not attend SPG. You might be confusing some of these people with Jeff Jordan's club. I did not know about Brascetta at Maryland, though. Good call.

17 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

St Paris has a few in coaching Steibler at Ohio state , Brascetta at Maryland , Heil was coaching until this most recent Olympic run I think he ll be back in a D1 room sooner then later , NATO was on the duke staff until 2 years ago I know he has his own academy but good chance he jumps back In at some point  

STEIBER is from Monroeville, OH. I'm not sure where STEIBLER is from though, I guess it could be St. Paris. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Yes but hopefully Taylor implements some of his own style and doesn’t just copy PSU.

Why? Wouldn't it be smart to try to make it as close to PSU as possible? Don't re-invent the wheel. Just take what is proven to work and do that. 

5 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

STEIBER is from Monroeville, OH. I'm not sure where STEIBLER is from though, I guess it could be St. Paris. 

It's been Steibler here for years...:classic_dry:

• Bob 1

13 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Here's a complete guess with no basis in reality, other than they grew up as really close friends/training partners: Logan Stieber to Oklahoma State.

(My guess is he is too tight with everyone at the other OSU, but would be very interesting!)

Fun fact: David Taylor is Stiebers lone loss in high school as a freshman (DT was a soph).

Also, this isn't the "other OSU" but THE OSU. Don't believe it? Look at the .edu email addresses for all of the supposed "OSU" schools:

Oklahoma State: @okstate.edu

Oregon State: @oregonstate.edu

Ohio State: @osu.edu

I arrest my case. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Looks like Kennedy is going to be doing a lot of the paperwork and CEO stuff to start.  He's been an assistant before and is "Associate Head Coach."

Well I guess Taylor will be continuing the OSU trend of nepotism.

mostly joking

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1