What shows you seeing this summer?

I decided was going to do one show (minimum) each month until the school season starts, starting with the Stephen Marley show last night (which was amazing). Currently holding tickets for:

June: Toots and the Maytals

July: Steel Pulse

August: nothing yet but Beres Hammond just dropped a date in Ft Lauderdale

September: nothing yet but if Earth Wind and Fire drops a date I’m ***ducking** there. 

October: Marley Brothers Legacy Tour

November: nothing yet 

Anyone got any shows lined up? 

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I decided was going to do one show (minimum) each month until the school season starts, starting with the Stephen Marley show last night (which was amazing). Currently holding tickets for:

June: Toots and the Maytals

July: Steel Pulse

August: nothing yet but Beres Hammond just dropped a date in Ft Lauderdale

September: nothing yet but if Earth Wind and Fire drops a date I’m ***ducking** there. 

October: Marley Brothers Legacy Tour

November: nothing yet 

Anyone got any shows lined up? 

Touring Hamilton show coming to Tempe me and the Mrs got tickets too will be my first play

There is a little theater in Issaquah, WA called Village Theater.   Generally it puts on incredibly well produced plays in a venue where there is literally no bad seat.   We have seen Fiddler, Les Mis, the Million Dollar Quartet (about elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, and Carl Perkins, it was an original at Village Theater), Tommy, and a host of others.    We just saw the Fantasticks there.   It was good too.  

My wife wants to see Billy Joel but tickets are absurdly expensive.  

mspart

1 hour ago, mspart said:

There is a little theater in Issaquah, WA called Village Theater.   Generally it puts on incredibly well produced plays in a venue where there is literally no bad seat.   We have seen Fiddler, Les Mis, the Million Dollar Quartet (about elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, and Carl Perkins, it was an original at Village Theater), Tommy, and a host of others.    We just saw the Fantasticks there.   It was good too.  

mspart

There’s no price on living…

”Buy the tickets!”

1 hour ago, mspart said:

Might I make a suggestion ...

Hmmm.    I don't like Billy Joel that much and he is playing the baseball stadium.   I hate stadium concerts.   But you guys have a point.  

mspart

2 hours ago, mspart said:

Hmmm.    I don't like Billy Joel that much and he is playing the baseball stadium.   I hate stadium concerts.   But you guys have a point.  

mspart

Love Billy Joel, but agree don't like the stadiums as much.  

7 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

As hilarious as his previous stuff?

7 hours ago, ionel said:

Yes!

BTW:  We saw him in Illinois pretty sure his first year tour pre Covid. Oldest son got us tics for anniversary.  Had no idea who this guy was, hadn't done any research.  Went because tics from son and did I mention free.    Place was full, most everyone big applause when he came out.  We were thinking, these folks must have heard of him before.  I've since see most of his stuff, Netflix, Prime, YouTube.

Current 24 tour leads off with video on big screen of his GW SNL routine, which was the best stuff I've seen on SNL in a long time.  He then had 3 or 4 other comedian short sets before his start.

Sitting next to us was a 95 year old man and a couple late 20 something women.  If any find yourself somewhere between those you'd prob enjoy.  🙂

47 minutes ago, ionel said:

BTW:  We saw him in Illinois pretty sure his first year tour pre Covid. Oldest son got us tics for anniversary.  Had no idea who this guy was, hadn't done any research.  Went because tics from son and did I mention free.    Place was full, most everyone big applause when he came out.  We were thinking, these folks must have heard of him before.  I've since see most of his stuff, Netflix, Prime, YouTube.

Current 24 tour leads off with video on big screen of his GW SNL routine, which was the best stuff I've seen on SNL in a long time.  He then had 3 or 4 other comedian short sets before his start.

Sitting next to us was a 95 year old man and a couple late 20 something women.  If any find yourself somewhere between those you'd prob enjoy.  🙂

I found him on Spotify several years ago. Listened to Full Time Magic and Yelled At By A Clown many times each and loved them. Then Hello World came out and that was a big step up. Sadly Spotify has since removed it for dumb reasons.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

I just don't understand how Billy Joel fills a stadium anymore.   Very few acts can do that nowadays.  AC/DC, Metallica, Taylor Swift, and not many others.   I guess Billy Joel is one of those.  

mspart

Posted (edited)

I went to a lot of concerts back in the day.   Most were in basketball arenas or smaller.   They were great.   I hope the sound is good at this place.   That would be a bummer to have bad sound.   I saw Black Sabbath and Van Halen (VH was the opener and their first tour) in a smaller arena in Seattle Center and it was great.   Both bands lit it up.   I've seen plenty of other bands as well.   One of the best concerts was in a theatre with BB King.   He was awesome and the music was awesome.   I had seats some ways back.   I walked around and got in a conversation with a lady and I said I was pretty excited for the concert and she said she was too.  She was near the front and I asked if she would switch with me, and the answer was an emphatic no.    Still probably one of the best shows I've ever been to.   He was good but his band was really out of this world.   It was a great all round show.   Blues, jazz, rock.   It had everything.  

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Fire 1

Social Distortion in two weeks (one of my bucket list bands)

Greg Warren the week after that.

Kidz Bop with my girls come the MN State Fair this year.

Saw Nate Bargatze last summer.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Insert catchy tagline here. 

4 hours ago, mspart said:

I just don't understand how Billy Joel fills a stadium anymore.   Very few acts can do that nowadays.  AC/DC, Metallica, Taylor Swift, and not many others.   I guess Billy Joel is one of those.  

mspart

Garth Brooks did a Stadium Tour (football stadiums) believe in 2022, we saw him in Tampa pretty sure he did a couple that were 100k. 

6 hours ago, mspart said:

mspart

Madonna Performed the Biggest-Ever Concert (it was free), With 1.6 Million Fans in Attendance in Brazil last week.  on May 4, 2024.   They couldn't pay me to see her.  

• Bob 1

21 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Madonna Performed the Biggest-Ever Concert (it was free), With 1.6 Million Fans in Attendance in Brazil last week.  on May 4, 2024.   They couldn't pay me to see her.  

Same here, guess thats why was free.

• Bob 1

The Rolling Stones on Saturday.

Don't have too many more concerts on deck yet, but plan to see Orville Peck and Hozier this year for sure. American Aquarium and John Moreland in the fall. 

We just re-upped our season tickets for the touring Broadway plays. It has been fun to go to those. 

Rasta, i just bought those tickets to 'closer to the sun' fest in cancun. same week as Ironman but eff it. 

also have tix to RHCP at the Gorge next month.

missed Alice in Chains in spokane last week b/c i was at the US Open

TBD

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Rasta, i just bought those tickets to 'closer to the sun' fest in cancun. same week as Ironman but eff it. 

missed Alice in Chains in spokane last week b/c i was at the US Open

Nice. F*%¥ it is right, buy the damn tickets! 

On 5/9/2024 at 4:52 AM, Husker_Du said:

Great Venue. Sun going down behind the stage is stunning. Can go from eighty degrees to fifty in no time. 

Enjoy the show...☀️