Gable Steveson

On 6/1/2024 at 6:43 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Apparently Gable has never played organized football in his life. 

But maybe some disorganized 🤷‍♀️

epicfail.0.gif

On 6/3/2024 at 8:53 AM, Wildcat92 said:

No way was Favre 245.  At most he was 225 when he was playing.  Same for Steve Young, except I am pretty sure he wasn't even that heavy.

No, Favre was absolutely 245 in the early part of his career. He openly talked about losing weight and getting DOWN to 225. I don't know what Young actually was, I remember the 240+ LB Favre. 

On 6/3/2024 at 9:02 AM, gimpeltf said:

Google shows Favre 223 Young 215

Google has their end of their career playing weights. As I said, I do not know about Young.

I KNOW that Favre was 245. He was thick, he was big and he was demonstrably different looking physically at the end of his career. It was a pretty big story at one point how he was losing 20 pounds and trying to get in better shape. I'd guess halfway through his career, but...I don't recall exactly. Maybe it was around the time he went to rehab. 

10 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Google has their end of their career playing weights. As I said, I do not know about Young.

I KNOW that Favre was 245. He was thick, he was big and he was demonstrably different looking physically at the end of his career. It was a pretty big story at one point how he was losing 20 pounds and trying to get in better shape. I'd guess halfway through his career, but...I don't recall exactly. Maybe it was around the time he went to rehab. 

Just curious.  How do you know?IMG_5728.thumb.png.57d659c81ac293375a9821d6584e2087.png

13 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Just curious.  How do you know?IMG_5728.thumb.png.57d659c81ac293375a9821d6584e2087.png

I'm not going to keep arguing about this. You can believe me or not...but he was ~245. He was noticabely heavier. His "listed weight," was always 225-230...BUT, if he lost 20 pounds+, he either got down to 205(he didn't) or he was in the 240s.

He told his friends he quit drinking, and they laughed. Yeah, right, they said. He went to a minicamp and told his teammates, and got the same response. I think everyone wondered at first, says Winters. Then we realized hes just doing the same things, only without the drinking. We respect that. The results are plainly obvious. Favre is more than 20 pounds lighter. His face is chiseled and angular; his legs could pass for a cyclists. He hasnt had a drink in more than six months. I dont plan on drinking again, he says. I cant think of one good thing alcohol ever did for me. Not one thing.

This has to be the most pointless argument! LOL...I threw something out there about Young that I was unsure of. But Favre, I watched every Packers game he ever played in. He was much thicker than he was at the end of his career.

https://www.espn.com/espn/magazine/archives/news/story?page=magazine-19951031-article50

Ok.  I didn’t realize you watched every Favre packer game ever played.   I watched every Wilber Marshall bears game and I don’t know what he weighed.   

How much does this guy weigh?

IMG_5729.webp

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Ok.  I didn’t realize you watched every Favre packer game ever played.   I watched every Wilber Marshall bears game and I don’t know what he weighed.   

IMG_5729.webp

Yeah, that's cute. It was a pretty significant talking point when Favre lost weight. 

He was overweight. He was fat, but nobody could sack him. He wasn’t fast, but he could get away. He could throw the ball. 

This is when he was "listed" at 220. He was fat. Was Favre "fat" the way you remember him?

Favre, for example, spoke out for a Bubba Franks contract to get done by management. Same topic. Different circumstances. Franks is an unsigned transition player and can't practice with the team until he signs a contract. Walker has two years remaining on his rookie contract. What people aren't recognizing is that Favre is putting more into this year than most. He's at his lightest weight in years, finishing one recent, hot practice weighing 212 pounds. During his Super Bowl days, he weighed 238 or 240 pounds.

Or this anecdote. It's not that complicated. I watched the games, I remember how big he was(Dan Morgan stiff arm, look that play up, LB broke his ankle trying to tackle him) and he was NEVER listed that high. But cool cartoon.

Edited by scourge165

19 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

He looks small here

Well...the comp was Aaron Donald in terms of size and weight, but isn't Stevenson even a little shorter and ~30 LBs lighter? Donald was playing at probably 290-300. 

I think this is a LONG shot, but it'll be interesting to see if he can at least stick on a PS and they think there's something to work with. He won't be asked to do the same things as those big 2-gap DL. I'd assume Buffalo is a one-gap scheme or it just doesn't make sense to even try and bring Stevenson in. 

22 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Well...the comp was Aaron Donald in terms of size and weight, but isn't Stevenson even a little shorter and ~30 LBs lighter? Donald was playing at probably 290-300. 

I think this is a LONG shot, but it'll be interesting to see if he can at least stick on a PS and they think there's something to work with. He won't be asked to do the same things as those big 2-gap DL. I'd assume Buffalo is a one-gap scheme or it just doesn't make sense to even try and bring Stevenson in. 

Yes and more importantly Aaron Donald had played football since he was 5 years old. Gable started like two weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, scourge165 said:

2 hours ago, Caveira said:

IMG_5729.webp

Yeah, that's cute. It was a pretty significant talking point when Favre lost weight

Aren’t significant talking points like hof type qb’s losing or gaining a ton of weight covered by the sports news media?   Especially in the off season when they need to fill air time and the like.  I’m sure you can find an article or something describing his weight loss or gain?   Subjective vids don’t help quantify or certify someone’s weight.  I see bjj people destroy heavier people all the time with better technique.   Dan Morgan had a career littered with injuries.  Concussions.  Ankle issues.  Shoulder issues.  Torn Achilles.  Maybe he was one of those athletes who was easily injured.    

I mean……am I to believe.  Big skinny little cass has more discussion publicly about his weight fluctuations than a hof qb?  Especially one as polarizing as Bret fa v re.   

2 hours ago, Caveira said:

Aren’t significant talking points like hof type qb’s losing or gaining a ton of weight covered by the sports news media?   Especially in the off season when they need to fill air time and the like.  I’m sure you can find an article or something describing his weight loss or gain?   Subjective vids don’t help quantify or certify someone’s weight.  I see bjj people destroy heavier people all the time with better technique.   Dan Morgan had a career littered with injuries.  Concussions.  Ankle issues.  Shoulder issues.  Torn Achilles.  Maybe he was one of those athletes who was easily injured.    

I mean……am I to believe.  Big skinny little cass has more discussion publicly about his weight fluctuations than a hof qb?  Especially one as polarizing as Bret fa v re.   

I heard Favre was a healthy baby, 21 inches and 222 pounds at birth, and that weight has not fluctuated even a single pound ever since.

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

On 5/31/2024 at 7:45 PM, billyhoyle said:

He won't be on the BIlls after the first round of cuts. 

Yeah I don’t see it either. It’s not like when Stephen Neal became an interior olineman. He had the size strength and footwork. 

20 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I heard Favre was a healthy baby, 21 inches and 222 pounds at birth, and that weight has not fluctuated even a single pound ever since.

866ee3cb-c36b-46a3-a4ca-889df2d5631f_tex

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 8:02 PM, Caveira said:

You're kidding me, right? I JUST posted a multiple. 

He was FAT...that was from Glandville.

An article that talks about him losing 20 PLUS pounds.

Another that says he played at 240 during the SB(he was fatter earlier). 

He wasn't a "Hof type qb" when he was fat. I'm not sure how you're this thick. He also sure as hell wasn't controversial. You act like his Career all just happened in one moment like the big bang. 

John Clayton;

Favre, for example, spoke out for a Bubba Franks contract to get done by management. Same topic. Different circumstances. Franks is an unsigned transition player and can't practice with the team until he signs a contract. Walker has two years remaining on his rookie contract. What people aren't recognizing is that Favre is putting more into this year than most. He's at his lightest weight in years, finishing one recent, hot practice weighing 212 pounds. During his Super Bowl days, he weighed 238 or 240 pounds.

Call him the liar....you're annoying me...

And no, you're not to believe that "big skinny Cass" was discussed more than Favre's weight. Though...it really doesn't matter as long as you're throwing the Football. And for the record, Dan Morgan was a 6'2 245LB Off-Ball. You think a 217 LB QB is going to stiff-arm him and put him on his ass so bad he snaps an ankle on the way down?

Edited by scourge165

9 hours ago, GrandOlm said:

My high school gym teacher (mid to late 20's) had been signed by an NFL team. It is a big deal, but it's not the same as "making it". 

Yeah, our RBs coach got a spot on the Jets 90 man when he was like...26. He was huge, he was fast...and he was gone real quick. It's the NFL. The guy packed every pound of muscle onto his body that he could have WHILE remaining an elite athlete with the flexibility and speed. 

And he was...IDK, 190 and pretty fast. Hard to know as he worked out and our Strength and Conditioning coach did hand timed 40s. So I was between 4.4 and 5.1... depending on if he looked away and happened to squeeze before I finished the last 10 or if he just forgot to hit time. 

He was getting tested pretty consistently at the 4.4-4.5 mark. Big gap, but...it's hand timing. That's how it works. 

On 6/7/2024 at 7:47 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yes and more importantly Aaron Donald had played football since he was 5 years old. Gable started like two weeks ago. 

Well...the comp was Aaron Donald as in size and maybe HOW he would possibly win matchups...if he ever progressed to the point of being able to learn the basic technique.

It was NEVER that he would be Aaron Donald. 

If you thought Stevenson would be Aaron Donald, you draft him with your 1st pick in the draft. MAYBE not 1-1 with the QBs, but at least top 6. 

This really successful player who everyone keeps comparing Gable to wasn't a prodigy like Gable was in wrestling, from the bio I saw in wiki. The player was a three star (it's out of 5 right?) recruit in high school and was a backup his college freshman year. He was picked 13th in a draft. So it looks like he grew into it and kept getting better. And I guess he started playing when he was 5 from people's comments. I don't see the Gable comparison, is he going to start his career at 40? 

On 6/7/2024 at 4:29 PM, scourge165 said:

This has to be the most pointless argument! LOL

You have been on here long enough to know where threads go....

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Gable will easily carry 300 lbs. Aaron Donald is a good body comp, once Gable gets some of those untestable NFL supplements. DLine in the NFL is one of the least skilled positions. He has a chance to stick. I've come around on the idea.