197: Ferrari vs Starocci - Battle of the Italian Stallions

Posted (edited)

2 Italian Stallions.  One cutting from 230 to 197.  One bulking from 174 to 197.  One has been out of wrestling for a year.  Another is coming off a major knee injury.

How do you see Ferrari (Iowa) vs Starocci (PSU) playing out?

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

• Jimmy Cinnabon changed the title to 197: Ferrari vs Starocci - Battle of the Italian Stallions
21 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

2 Italian Stallions.  One cutting from 230 to 197.  One bulking from 174 to 197.  One has been out of wrestling for a year.  Another is coming off a major knee injury.

Starr's car:

Facel_Vega_II_Flickr.png?w=1200&h=0&zc=1

Focus:

th?id=OIP.7cpToJ5-HrAxP7HrcjsuxQHaFj&pid

I think Ferrari actually has a shot...."if he can find a stable training situation", hilarious how interchangeable Downey's stupidity if with ferraris.

But again back to the serious part, Ferrari has a way better chance at finding one than Downey. I base this on hearing that ferrari doesn't drink while downey is basically a meme for substance abuse, and I've heard ferrari is a good teammate, while downey is supposedly toxic....also Ferrari is way better at wrestling than downey in my opinion but that might be a minority opinion.

Disclaimer, thats all hearsay.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

41 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I think Ferrari actually has a shot...."if he can find a stable training situation", hilarious how interchangeable Downey's stupidity if with ferraris.

But again back to the serious part, Ferrari has a way better chance at finding one than Downey. I base this on hearing that ferrari doesn't drink while downey is basically a meme for substance abuse, and I've heard ferrari is a good teammate, while downey is supposedly toxic....also Ferrari is way better at wrestling than downey in my opinion but that might be a minority opinion.

Zach Glazier would like a word...

• Haha 2

Say what you will about this guy but he without question is the one creating creative / neutral threads more than most others. Some say trolling and I say he’s the best at being objective. 

• Bob 1

Just now, Rassling said:

Say what you will about this guy but he without question is the one creating creative / neutral threads more than most others. Some say trolling and I say he’s the best at being objective. 

He’s a PSU fan doing his best to create scenarios where his team may succumb to more formidable teams in the near future. What’s wrong with that? 

The real challenge for ferrari is he can’t handle independence in a college environment.  He’s used to being chaperoned pretty tightly by his parents, and obviously he goes completely off the rails when he’s away from that structure. 

He would likely stomp starrocci, size difference is enormous, but I give him at best a 5% chance of making it through the fall without getting kicked out of school and/or arrested.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

The real challenge for ferrari is he can’t handle independence in a college environment.  He’s used to being chaperoned pretty tightly by his parents, and obviously he goes completely off the rails when he’s away from that structure. 

He would likely stomp starrocci, size difference is enormous, but I give him at best a 5% chance of making it through the fall without getting kicked out of school and/or arrested.

Don't forget as the best 197 ever he will now demand at least $1.5/2M and a budget for the private security needed to follow him around campus.  💰 

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Downey teched Bo Nickal…

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, ionel said:

Don't forget as the best 197 ever he will now demand at least $1.5/2M and a budget for the private security needed to follow him around campus.  💰 

don't forget a fulltime Social Media assistant with mad emoji skills 

Edited by gromit

1 hour ago, wrestle87 said:

That's pretty unlikely IMO. 

Ferrari is slow and methodical and...Starroci is going to add some weight obviously. 

I think a bigger threat to Starroci would be a Trumble or someone who is just so much longer and bigger. Ferrari is bigger obviously, but I think the length would be a bigger issue.

More likely he goes '84 though I would guess. 

• Bob 2

5 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

How do we even know that Brands will even let Aj on the team?

6 minutes ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

I just don't feel like he would let him on the team. That interview he did the end of last year just crushed all my thoughts of Aj on Iowa.

I don't know what interview you're talking about(just didn't hear it), but I'd imagine if AJ can put together of months of not screwing up, he's gonna go with the National Champ. Guys say things, but when it comes down to it, I think Iowa is all in...but again, don't know what he said.

5 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

I don't know what interview you're talking about(just didn't hear it), but I'd imagine if AJ can put together of months of not screwing up, he's gonna go with the National Champ. Guys say things, but when it comes down to it, I think Iowa is all in...but again, don't know what he said.

I'm not psyched to say it, but they should be all in.

Though I'm generally more impressed with ferrari's wrestling than most people.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

15 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I'm not psyched to say it, but they should be all in.

I'm impressed with Angelo and...obviously AJ has won an NC, so...they're impressive Wrestlers(don't know much about Anthony). 

12 minutes ago, hawkguy said:

Ferarri couldn't even win the soldier salute. Starocci by 5

Well ... he sorta won but then he didn't.  

• Bob 1
  • Ban Basketball 1

11 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Flo did one. He clearly didn't want to talk about it at the time.

11 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

People dislike him so much that they are finding reasons to nitpick his style and potential.  He's a hell of a wrestler, not a lot of true freshmanat the highest weights win national titles. 

14 hours ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

How do we even know that Brands will even let Aj on the team?

14 hours ago, scourge165 said:

He's Brands...

I'm not sure Brands has much say in the matter. Beth Goetz has the final say and I doubt she approves it. Especially after Soldier Salute.