Iowa's incoming transfers?

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Little known fact is, not only is Dake getting younger, he is also getting larger and smaller at the same time. It is a quantum thing. If you aren't a theoretical physicist you wouldn't understand. But, as a result, he is actively petitioning the NCAA to change the compete at one weight rule. Cornell and PSU lawyers (again - the quantum thing) are all over this.

I have heard about this something to do with organ weight which he has organs the size of an infant so he could simultaneously compete at 125 and 174, if they account for his continuous bone growth despite being 133 I think he could maybe even squeeze a third weight out. Like you said though I'm not previed to all the neuenses of this so we will have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Really want to bring up the past?  I remember when Iowa won trophies and titles with their own wrestlers.  Now they buy 2/3 of their points and still can't trophy.  How's that working out? 

I understand that times have changed, but christ, if they even did a half-assed job of developing their own talent this year then they half trophied.  

Mizzou fan here.  I'd be happy if Mizzou got a trophy, transfers or not.  Time have indeed changed.  

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

The Iowa board has penciled in some transfers next year but I haven't seen any official word on commitments.  Any truth that these 3 will be in the black and gold next year?

141 - Alirez

149 - Parco

157 - Teemer

HWT - Hendrickson

Wrong. Figures the bad guys in black would get the facts wrong, again. 

Alirez, Parco, and Teemer all want to wrestle for Coleman Scott and are transferring to OSU. Hendrickson has outgrown Air Force regulation size and is transferring to PSU and using an Olympic RS (he'll be the starter after Kerkvliet graduates). 

Edited by NM1965

15 hours ago, NM1965 said:

Wrong. Figures the bad guys in black would get the facts wrong, again. 

Alirez, Parco, and Teemer all want to wrestle for Coleman Scott and are transferring to OSU. Hendrickson has outgrown Air Force regulation size and is transferring to PSU and using an Olympic RS (he'll be the starter after Kerkvliet graduates). 

Don't you have to use an Olympic RS in an Olympic year? Or, would he technically be eligible for a regular RS? 

Either way, despite being a Penn State fan, I am not a fan of a service academy graduate being granted additional eligibility AND deferment of service. I doubt he's coming to Penn State, but, my stance would remain the same if he was. If he wants to go the WCAP route, great, but he wouldn't be doing that as a collegiate athlete. 

48 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

For some reason I thought he had more than 1 year left but nope.   $500k for one year seems to be quite the overpayment if true

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

For some reason I thought he had more than 1 year left but nope.   $500k for one year seems to be quite the overpayment if true

If it's true, it's not far off what I heard was paid for one season for one of this past year's NCAA finalist.  The athlete was not at Iowa or PSU.  I heard the number from a coach on the athletes staff, so it seems pretty reputable.  I'm trying not to out anybody since it's not my news, nor my role, so I'm purposely keeping it vague.

34 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

If it's true, it's not far off what I heard was paid for one season for one of this past year's NCAA finalist.  The athlete was not at Iowa or PSU.  I heard the number from a coach on the athletes staff, so it seems pretty reputable.  I'm trying not to out anybody since it's not my news, nor my role, so I'm purposely keeping it vague.

I’m pretty sure there’s only one option for who that could be…

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

It couldn't be Shmane Shmiffith, could it? (making sure to keep it a secret so the cover isn't blown). 

4 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

It couldn't be Shmane Shmiffith, could it? (making sure to keep it a secret so the cover isn't blown). 

No, he wasn’t a finalist this season.  Same school though 

48 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I guess in the case of Alirez (and maybe the person you reference above if he continues to train with his current RTC), they both have had success on the FS circuit so I wonder if that amount is also counting some post-college payment?

3 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

We talking Shichigan?

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

No, he wasn’t a finalist this season.  Same school though 

Oh wait, forgot there were 2 options from the same school (neither being Griffith)…

21 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I didn't say the person actually transferred anywhere.  It could have been what was required to stay, also.  Like I said, purposely vague.

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I didn't say the person actually transferred anywhere.  It could have been what was required to stay, also.  Like I said, purposely vague.

You said “what was paid”…

But, there are 2 options for who it could be.  1 school though 

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

You said “what was paid”…

But, there are 2 options for who it could be.  1 school though 

Not sure I follow.  The only limitation I am placing on what I'm saying is that it was not an Iowa or Penn State wrestler I'm discussing.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Not sure I follow.  The only limitation I am placing on what I'm saying is that it was not an Iowa or Penn State wrestler I'm discussing.

You said the amount was paid.  Which I’d be confident in interpreting means the wrestler actually transferred.

There are 2 wrestlers who meet the criteria you listed (finalist last year that transferred for their final season of eligibility).  Both of them attended the same school.  And you wouldn’t even need the “not at PSU or Iowa” qualifier unless you wanted to nitpick and say “I only said the amount was for one season, not that they only had one year left.”  But the only other transfers to make the finals were Mesenbrink and Kerk.

14 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

Gomez or Davison. Probably Gomez. Good for him. I am still doubtful of the numbers thrown around, but if he got 6 figures, that is awesome. 

Looks like more schools need to start recruiting the kids of celebrities. How old is Mario Lopez’s son? Maybe Rutgers could get the kid whose dad was from real housewives and was picking fights with highschoolers

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

You said the amount was paid.  Which I’d be confident in interpreting means the wrestler actually transferred.

There are 2 wrestlers who meet the criteria you listed (finalist last year that transferred for their final season of eligibility).  Both of them attended the same school.  And you wouldn’t even need the “not at PSU or Iowa” qualifier unless you wanted to nitpick and say “I only said the amount was for one season, not that they only had one year left.”  But the only other transfers to make the finals were Mesenbrink and Kerk.

Someone can stay at the same school and get paid still. Could be a whole bunch of different guys. Figs, Fix, Vito, Mendez, Henson, Gomez, Shapiro, Carr, Welsh, Keck, Plott, Hidlay, or Davison. 

2 minutes ago, Gus said:

Someone can stay at the same school and get paid still. Could be a whole bunch of different guys. Figs, Fix, Vito, Mendez, Henson, Gomez, Shapiro, Carr, Welsh, Keck, Plott, Hidlay, or Davison. 

Ok fair enough, I thought he was implying that it might’ve just been an offer and not some thing that was actually paid

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Ok fair enough, I thought he was implying that it might’ve just been an offer and not some thing that was actually paid

I am purposely trying to be as vague as I can.  I understand that's kind of a dick move.  But I am very much NOT saying the person actually transferred.  He might have.  Might not.

you have to wonder if these Michigan donors are going to continue to shell out this kind of money after doing all that last season to get third and miss first by 100 points.