Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

2 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

He thinks it makes him look smart. Careful, he’s going to play the wrong side of history card on you again. 😂

I try to remind myself before discussions like that this that there isn't a point unless I figure out something I hadn't known or considered before....uncle keyboard is one of the few times where I left the conversation thinking I really did know everything he did.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 hours ago, braves121 said:

I don’t think you can put it together but the invisible man he was referencing is god 

I am pretty sure he understood sense that trope is so lame and shallow that no thoughtful atheist even references it anymore.

• Bob 1

12 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I try to remind myself before discussions like that this that there isn't a point unless I figure out something I hadn't known or considered before....uncle keyboard is one of the few times where I left the conversation thinking I really did know everything he did.

The only way you can think that all of these protestors want to do a second holocaust is if you willfully ignore reality in favor of isolated videos out of context from propagandists. 

Seriously, go to your nearest protest and watch and listen. You will be completely safe and you might learn something (which you say you want to do). Have you ever met a Palestinian? Someone who can explain to you what life is like Gaza? Who can name dozens of family members who were killed in air strikes? Funny thing is, based on the demographics of this board, you'll probably meet more Jews at that protest than you've met your whole life.

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

The only way you can think that all of these protestors want to do a second holocaust is if you willfully ignore reality in favor of isolated videos out of context from propagandists. 

Seriously, go to your nearest protest and watch and listen. You will be completely safe and you might learn something (which you say you want to do). Have you ever met a Palestinian? Someone who can explain to you what life is like Gaza? Who can name dozens of family members who were killed in air strikes? Funny thing is, based on the demographics of this board, you'll probably meet more Jews at that protest than you've met your whole life.

ok this is where you have to argue in good faith. We were discussing people literally saying "Death to israel", and you just responded to me as if I said something about "all of these protesters".

Tell me what is wrong about me saying someone chanting "Death to israel" probably means it. 

2 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

ok this is where you have to argue in good faith. We were discussing people literally saying "Death to israel", and you just responded to me as if I said something about "all of these protesters".

Tell me what is wrong about me saying someone chanting "Death to israel" probably means it. 

That's fine and I wouldn't chant that and certainly don't believe that. But my point is that people bring up those incidents as a way to discredit a much larger movement that doesn't believe those things. And I doubt most of the Americans chanting "Death to Israel" mean that they want to carry out a genocide of Israeli's. They want a death of the apartheid state.

I could very easily come on here and post hundreds of clips of Israelis and Zionists saying we *should* kill all the Palestinians and take their land. Clips of Israelis mocking dead Palestinian children. They're all over the place. Hell, there are people on here that clearly take glee in it. That doesn't discredit Israelis right to exist and live peacefully. It doesn't excuse the murder of Israeli civilians on 10/7.

Like I said, I seriously encourage you to stop by a protest. You don't have to join! Just watch and maybe talk to a few people. I think you'll be pretty surprised at what you see. It's not what the media wants you to believe.

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

That's fine and I wouldn't chant that and certainly don't believe that. But my point is that people bring up those incidents as a way to discredit a much larger movement that doesn't believe those things. And I doubt most of the Americans chanting "Death to Israel" mean that they want to carry out a genocide of Israeli's. They want a death of the apartheid state.

I could very easily come on here and post hundreds of clips of Israelis and Zionists saying we *should* kill all the Palestinians and take their land. Clips of Israelis mocking dead Palestinian children. They're all over the place. Hell, there are people on here that clearly take glee in it. That doesn't discredit Israelis right to exist and live peacefully. It doesn't excuse the murder of Israeli civilians on 10/7.

Like I said, I seriously encourage you to stop by a protest. You don't have to join! Just watch and maybe talk to a few people. I think you'll be pretty surprised at what you see. It's not what the media wants you to believe.

YEAH BUT I DIDN'T DO THAT, hence conversation derailed.

On 4/23/2024 at 10:04 AM, Paul158 said:

It seems like these protests are escalating. There are about 50 protests going on right now on college campuses across the country. There are arrests being made and there is a lot of news coverage. The protestors are shouting death to Israel and death to America. What say you.

Not quite an answer to the original question, but for what it’s worth, Biden’s approach here probably hurts him.

He is trying to straddle both sides. He doesn’t want to abandon Israel but he is also afraid of losing the young vote, which is pretty crucial to win as a Democrat. So he keeps making statements that are somewhat supportive and somewhat critical of both sides. This leaves everyone confused and uncertain.

That’s not a great look for the leader of the free world. He needs to pick a horse and stick with it (preferably the winning horse) or I think it hurts him in November. American voters want a winner, not someone who’s noncommittal trying to avoid the obvious.

Just my $0.02 if it’s worth even that much.

Edited by BuckyBadger

26 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

It’s been reported that the reason Hamas won’t show or release the female hostages is because most of them are pregnant. 

na they probably got to Gaza, realized Israel is just a bunch of mean people and decided to stay.

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

Thanks to videos it’s well recognized that many of the people at the protests in the U.S. don’t know what they are protesting, or why.  They, like you, wouldn’t last long in Gaza. 

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

“fundamentalists” he’s a ***ducking** UN human rights diplomat you racist scumbag. 

1) keep going. i'm dying for a legit reason to block your dumb ass.

2) UN diplomats can't be fundamentalists?

3) oh the irony. all the demonstrations, which you, that UN rep, and the leader of Hezbollah are supporting are the definition of racism. 

you, sir, are the racist 

• Bob 1

TBD

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

1) keep going. i'm dying for a legit reason to block your dumb ass.

2) UN diplomats can't be fundamentalists?

3) oh the irony. all the demonstrations, which you, that UN rep, and the leader of Hezbollah are supporting are the definition of racism. 

you, sir, are the racist 

what reason did you have to think he's a fundamentalist other than his name? enlighten us, racist.

Just now, Husker_Du said:

anyone that supports this is a fundamentalist. including you.

that's your second strike btw. 

so that's a no. racist.

if you don't want to be called a racist, don't assume everybody named Mohamad is an Islamic Fundamentalist.

anybody who supports this war is a bloodthirsty genocide cheerleader. see, we can both make sweeping assertions!

12 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i'm not assuming.

if you agree that blocking a certain demographic from entering a building that's the definition of racist.

how is this not abundantly clear?

that's not what's happening. all people are blocked from the building, not jews. many of the people doing the blocking are jews themselves. they were literally celebrating seder together yesterday.

52 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

what reason did you have to think he's a fundamentalist other than his name? enlighten us, racist.

you are beginning to sound like the other dude.

you ask a question. get an answer.

then say you didn't get an answer.

and blah blah blah

• Bob 1

34 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

that 100% happened. 

Yes, I'm sure Jewish people were blocked from entering, but not because they were Jewish, but because they are human and all humans were blocked from entering.

I know twitter is your whole world, but the videos and captions you're seeing do not reflect the reality on the ground.

Do you think the Jews doing the blocking are racist against Jews too?

there were interviews you dunce.

jewish students were saying they were targeted, blocked and threatened.

it's all over the news so spare me the source-of-info bubble talk.

the jewish leader for the university issued a statement to stay home for safety. the university went online.

why? b/c it's peaceful.

here's how 'racist' i am...

i'm not jewish. i feel bad for people being targeted and treated unfairly.

what is currently being done was called 'racism' prior to today and if it was happening to any other demographic it would be roundly criticized by all.

• Stalling 1

TBD