Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

@uncle bernard - what did I post that suggested they I was accusing any poster here of supporting Hamas?   

You jumped to that?  I guess because you feel you are on the defensive and I am trying to imply you support Hamas.  I am not.

What I am doing is pointing out the direct guilt Hamas has here.  I could not believe it when I saw that there were protesters supporting Hamas after Oct 7.  Vile.  Evil.  Simply pure Evil what they did.  

Hamas, the elected government of Gaza, brought this down on the people of Gaza ON PURPOSE. 

There should have been, and should still be mass protests from many of their people AGAINST the atrocities and AGAINST the holding innocent civilians as hostages.  They should be seeking to surrender and turn in these pure war criminals that objectively and with purpose, from their leaders down to their troops had the intention, and only this intention, of committing mas war crimes … and then did it. 

The protestors today are clearly choosing to ignore or belittle the actions of October 7.  Israel has the absolute right to protect itself and ELIMINATE Hamas, force unconditional surrender, and then put the war criminals in trial.  And yes, unconditional surrender.  

For now, Hamas continues to fight and hide behind civilians.  WHERE ARE THE PROTESTS, WHERE IS THE ANGER from the innocent people, and their allies, that innocents are being used as shields?  

And again, this talk of Israel committing genocide is ridiculous.  Population of Gaza has grown over the years.  If Israel wanted to commit genocide the death toll by now would 1 million plus.  Fact.

On the other hand the chants from Hamas and their supporters, and the ACTUAL ACTIONS THEY TOOK TARGETTING CIVILIANS ON OCT 7 show their desire to wipe out the Jews of Israel.  

Is that clear enough @uncle bernard?

Edited by Dark Energy
  • Fire 1

35 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

@uncle bernard - what did I post that suggested they I was accusing any poster here of supporting Hamas?   

You jumped to that?  I guess because you feel you are on the defensive and I am trying to imply you support Hamas.  I am not.

What I am doing is pointing out the direct guilt Hamas has here.  I could not believe it when I saw that there were protesters supporting Hamas after Oct 7.  Vile.  Evil.  Simply pure Evil what they did.  

Hamas, the elected government of Gaza, brought this down on the people of Gaza ON PURPOSE. 

There should have been, and should still be mass protests from many of their people AGAINST the atrocities and AGAINST the holding innocent civilians as hostages.  They should be seeking to surrender and turn in these pure war criminals that objectively and with purpose, from their leaders down to their troops had the intention, and only this intention, of committing mas war crimes … and then did it. 

The protestors today are clearly choosing to ignore or belittle the actions of October 7.  Israel has the absolute right to protect itself and ELIMINATE Hamas, force unconditional surrender, and then put the war criminals in trial.  And yes, unconditional surrender.  

For now, Hamas continues to fight and hide behind civilians.  WHERE ARE THE PROTESTS, WHERE IS THE ANGER from the innocent people, and their allies, that innocents are being used as shields?  

And again, this talk of Israel committing genocide is ridiculous.  Population of Gaza has grown over the years.  If Israel wanted to commit genocide the death toll by now would 1 million plus.  Fact.

On the other hand the chants from Hamas and their supporters, and the ACTUAL ACTIONS THEY TOOK TARGETTING CIVILIANS ON OCT 7 show their desire to wipe out the Jews of Israel.  

Is that clear enough @uncle bernard?

when uncle bernard conducts these wars against potentially suicidal, certainly genocidal maniacs who are willing to hide behind their own children in densely populated urban environments he just acts really nice and it all works out.

• Brain 1
  • Haha 1
  • Stalling 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

when uncle bernard conducts these wars against potentially suicidal, certainly genocidal maniacs who are willing to hide behind their own children in densely populated urban environments he just acts really nice and it all works out.

yes i wouldn’t trade 20 civilians for 1 hamas fighter because i'm not a war criminal and that’s a war crime.

i don't know what’s so hard to understand about that. 

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

okay anybody gonna try to defend this one?

The UT protests and arrests are the craziest to me right now because Abott literally signed a bill saying it’s legal to protests at colleges in 2019 lol this is going to cost the Texas taxpayer lots of money with all these illegal arrests

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

The UT protests and arrests are the craziest to me right now because Abott literally signed a bill saying it’s legal to protests at colleges in 2019 lol this is going to cost the Texas taxpayer lots of money with all these illegal arrests

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

These idiots were so worried about squashing any pro-palestinian speech that they ended up sparking a national movement. so short sighted.

A college a couple hours away passed a rule in the middle of the night banning tents in their designated free speech zone, came in with riot police and snipers and arrested everyone, gave 1 year bans to protestors (notably a prominent jewish faculty member) and guess what? the tents are back, the protest is 10x bigger, and they’ve given up trying to remove them. what did that accomplish?? idiots. 

@uncle bernard - you are posting all these snippets.

Do you choose to believe all the ones you post, not acknowledging that these are snippets and not showing full context?  And perhaps can be misinformation?

Haven’t I seen you complain that others blindly believe what they post without recognizing most of the situations have a broader context?  And appear to be misinformation?

Did you read the NYTimes article today about the guy who proclaimed death to Jews?  Doubled down on it.  Now says he was wrong.  Oops.  Should all just forgive him?  Like we should forgive right wing protestors that say oops?

Edited by Dark Energy
  • Bob 2

12 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

@uncle bernard - you are posting all these snippets.

Do you choose to believe all the ones you post, not acknowledging that these are snippets and not showing full context?  And perhaps can be misinformation?

Haven’t I seen you complain that others blindly believe what they post without recognizing most of the situations have a broader context?  And appear to be misinformation?

Did you read the NYTimes article today about the guy who proclaimed death to Jews?  Doubled down on it.  Now says he was wrong.  Oops.  Should all just forgive him?  Like we should forgive right wing protestors that say oops?

i did look into the context and there was an npr reporter on the scene confirming it was the israel protestor who chanted it and was booed.

Ok. So your approach is to trumpet your opinion and spread snippets while avoiding answering questions whose honest answers would be hard to square with your public behavior and stances.  

Everyone trying to engage with @uncle bernard - pls take note!  Don’t waste your time with this intellectual coward.

• Bob 1

4 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Ok. So your approach is to trumpet your opinion and spread snippets while avoiding answering questions whose honest answers would be hard to square with your public behavior and stances.  

Everyone trying to engage with @uncle bernard - pls take note!  Don’t waste your time with this intellectual coward.

i’ve asked you what your question is twice. and then i responded to your context critique. you’re the one not engaging now. ask the question and i’ll answer. 

You want me to copy and paste my whole post above where I literally tagged you twice?  Twice.  No, you are dodging and weaving.   And my last post you answered what you wanted to answer and avoided the tough questions.  I’m done.

39 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

okay i think i found this. he is wrong and im glad he apologized.

he also didn’t call for death to jews. he said zionists don’t deserve to live. zionist /= jew and the repeated conflation is antisemitic. as part of the columbia protest, he was literally protesting with many jews. your description was very disingenuous and as you say, facts and context are important. 

a quote from him in the article:

“But in an interview earlier in the week, Mr. James drew a distinction between the ideas of anti-Zionism, which describes opposition to the Jewish state of Israel, and antisemitism. “There is a difference,” he said. “We’ve always had Jewish people as part of our community where they have expressed themselves, they feel safe, and they feel loved. And we want all people to feel safe in this encampment. We are a multiracial, multigenerational group of people.”

6 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

You want me to copy and paste my whole post above where I literally tagged you twice?  Twice.  No, you are dodging and weaving.   And my last post you answered what you wanted to answer and avoided the tough questions.  I’m done.

i answered your nyt question. hopefully you can engage honestly about it. posting it here so everyone can read it and engage if they want.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/26/nyregion/columbia-student-protest-zionism.html

if this is not the article you were talking about let me know and point me in the right direction.