Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

13 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Hamas does use civilians as human shields. We all know that.

Given that information, does Israel have the right to kill those human shields, which you acknowledge should not be targeted? Yes or no.

Is a US police officer allowed to kill a hostage in order to kill the person holding them hostage? Yes or no?

The only relevant fact you've posted is that Hamas does use civilians as human shields.

It is scary that you can refer to this as if it is an every day type of thing. It shouldn't be.

It is so tremendously awful that sub-human animals subject people to this... it is unforgivable.

The "Yes or no?" schtick you've been using is worse than pathetic.

Unless you are a tiny child, you know that the world isn't nearly that simple.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, RockLobster said:

The only relevant fact you've posted is that Hamas does use civilians as human shields.

It is scary that you can refer to this as if it is an every day type of thing. It shouldn't be.

It is so tremendously awful that sub-human animals subject people to this... it is unforgivable.

The "Yes or no?" schtick you've been using is worse than pathetic.

Unless you are a tiny child, you know that the world isn't nearly that simple.

it is an every day type of thing because hamas does it every day. that’s the world we live in. you can pretend otherwise if you’re a tiny child. i’m sorry the world is scary and difficult.

given the *reality* on the ground, israel now has a choice. do we kill the human shields or not? what do you think they should do?

43 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

it is an every day type of thing because hamas does it every day. that’s the world we live in. you can pretend otherwise if you’re a tiny child. i’m sorry the world is scary and difficult.

given the *reality* on the ground, israel now has a choice. do we kill the human shields or not? what do you think they should do?

Yep. Hamas and the Palestinians are finding out just how scary and difficult the world can be when you commit the atrocities of Oct 7. 

• Bob 2

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Would the war be over if Israel truly didn't care about civilian deaths?

27 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

where are you examples of hamas war crimes against palestinians? 

12 minutes ago, mspart said:

Answer the question.

mspart

We've covered them a million times. I've never disputed them.

This is what breaks your brains. You can't fathom someone being consistent. You guys never acknowledge Israeli crimes in this conflict and then you piss and moan about me not talking about Hamas even though I do it *constantly.* 

It's pure projection from you. You know you're ignoring atrocities from one side because you support that side, so you have to accuse me of doing the very thing you all do even though I've condemned Hamas a million times over.

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

What does this mean?

How do you not know what this means??  Again, you can never claim someone doesn't have reading comprehension skills.  The questions as been posed many times and you don't answer it.

Once again, you claim Israel doesn't care that they are killing civilians, and I, and others, have stated that if Israel truly didn't care about killing civilians that the war would have been over in about a week.  THUS, I asked, if you agreed with that statement...i.e., Would the war be over if Israel truly didn't care about civilian deaths???

• Bob 1
  • Ionel 1

3 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

How do you not know what this means??  Again, you can never claim someone doesn't have reading comprehension skills.  The questions as been posed many times and you don't answer it.

Once again, you claim Israel doesn't care that they are killing civilians, and I, and others, have stated that if Israel truly didn't care about killing civilians that the war would have been over in about a week.  THUS, I asked, if you agreed with that statement...i.e., Would the war be over if Israel truly didn't care about civilian deaths???

1) No it wouldn't have unless they used their nukes (which they wouldn't because they would deal with the environmental fall out).

2) They care about killing *too many* civilians. This is a documented fact. They want to put as much pressure on the Palestinians as international optics will allow them. If they went and killed 2 million Gazans in a week, Israel would have no future as a nation in that region. Even the US couldn't save them at that point. But they're very clearly comfortable killing tens of thousands and destroying the entire infrastructure of Gaza because that's what the US will allow them to get away with.

The famous example of this dynamic is "Putting Gaza on a diet" which was quoted from a senior Israeli minister. The goal was to bring Gaza as close to the point of famine as possible without crossing the line. They calculated the daily caloric intake of the population to accomplish that and only let that much food in.

"The idea is to put the Palestinians on a diet, but not to make them die of hunger." -Dov Weisglass, 2006

The entire Israeli approach to Palestine is putting as much pressure (blockade, occupation, shootings, prevention of medicine, etc...) on them as possible without crossing the lines set by the Western allies that protect Israel.

This conflict won't end with the elimination of Hamas. It will end when the US and other allies can no longer stomach the death count and tell Israel to stop. That's the whole game. We appear to be approaching it quickly with Biden's talk of a ceasefire and the recent report from the UN about over a million Gazans on the brink of starvation.

• Clown 1