Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Because I'm an American and my government isn't supporting Hamas with billions of dollars. If my government was giving Hamas weapons to prolong the violence, I would protest them. That's how protests work Jimbo.

You’re an Anti American.  As you’ve stated many times you believe we’re imperialists 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Bob 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Because I'm an American and my government isn't supporting Hamas with billions of dollars. If my government was giving Hamas weapons to prolong the violence, I would protest them. That's how protests work Jimbo.

So you don’t want to help Palestinians speak up against a terrorist group simply because they don’t get American tax dollars?  Wow Uncle Protester. Just wow 

5 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

No, I laughed at the idea that it was supposed to be scary and you came back with "well what if they try to kill everyone." 

Use common sense. Does free speech give them the right to trespass? No. Is this a serious crime we should all be afraid of? Also no.

It’s a crime none the less. and as with many crimes they can lead to bigger and more severe crimes. 

Edited by JimmyBT

11 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Is that a yes or no? Because Jimmy is saying civilians lose their legal protections if they support Hamas. That is the question. Yes or no. 

That's also been the implicit argument of many on here. We shouldn't feel bad for civilians because they didn't stand up to Hamas. 

And you can keep saying they aren't targeting civilians all you want. It's not "verified" and there is tons of evidence to suggest otherwise, but leave that aside for the moment and just answer the question straight up: 

does israel have the right to kill palestinian civilians if they support hamas?

You can't read can you.  

20 minutes ago, mspart said:

Willfully ignorant.  

Civilians are killed in every war and UB.   Quit pretending they are not.   You make it sound like the IDF is targeting civilians.   They are not.   That is verified.  I gave you a list of numbers of civilians killed in war and you disregarded it.   That's on you.   It happens, it is war.   Lots of people die both soldier and civilian.   Its what happens.   They shouldn't be targeted but to win a war, people have to die.   That is the definition of war.   It ain't pretty. 

mspart

I gave you an answer and that's not good enough for you or you just can't read past the first few words. 

mspart

• Bob 2

3 hours ago, mspart said:

You can't read can you.  

I gave you an answer and that's not good enough for you or you just can't read past the first few words. 

mspart

no you dodged the question with a mealy mouth equivocation.

are civilians who support hamas legit targets? yes or no

if no, if israel “targets” a hamas operative knowing that civilians are present and will die in the strike, is that a crime? yes or no

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

apply that to israeli violations of international law and get back to me

Apply that to Hamas using people as human shields and get back to me 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Bob 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Apply that to Hamas using people as human shields and get back to me 

hamas gets to do that because people from privileged ethnic groups are mean.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

6 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Is that a yes or no? Because Jimmy is saying civilians lose their legal protections if they support Hamas. That is the question. Yes or no. 

That's also been the implicit argument of many on here. We shouldn't feel bad for civilians because they didn't stand up to Hamas. 

And you can keep saying they aren't targeting civilians all you want. It's not "verified" and there is tons of evidence to suggest otherwise, but leave that aside for the moment and just answer the question straight up: 

does israel have the right to kill palestinian civilians if they support hamas?

Nobody has the “right” to purposely target and kill civilians anywhere.

Terrorists killing innocent people is not, and will never be a justifiable action.

Yet terrorists like Hamas target and kill innocent civilians as a matter of course. That behavior has no place, anywhere, in a civilized society.

Just like any serial killer, terrorists need to be put down like the pathetic little cancer they are. They should not purposely put civilians in harms way as a means of defense. It's a terrible tragedy when they do. The responsibility is only theirs.

You ask as if it’s a difficult question to answer.

(At least we're past the myth that Palestinians don't support Hamas... of course they do.)

• Bob 1

12 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

no you dodged the question with a mealy mouth equivocation.

are civilians who support hamas legit targets? yes or no

if no, if israel “targets” a hamas operative knowing that civilians are present and will die in the strike, is that a crime? yes or no

17 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

What you're complaining about is living in a free society. 

Are you going to pretend that security isn't on hand watching the situation? There are certainly precautions being taken. They just don't extend to trampling freedom.

Brags about America being a free society while calling America imperialistic on numerous occasions.  🤦‍♂️ 

11 hours ago, RockLobster said:

Nobody has the “right” to purposely target and kill civilians anywhere.

Terrorists killing innocent people is not, and will never be a justifiable action.

Yet terrorists like Hamas target and kill innocent civilians as a matter of course. That behavior has no place, anywhere, in a civilized society.

Just like any serial killer, terrorists need to be put down like the pathetic little cancer they are. They should not purposely put civilians in harms way as a means of defense. It's a terrible tragedy when they do. The responsibility is only theirs.

You ask as if it’s a difficult question to answer.

(At least we're past the myth that Palestinians don't support Hamas... of course they do.)

Hamas does use civilians as human shields. We all know that.

Given that information, does Israel have the right to kill those human shields, which you acknowledge should not be targeted? Yes or no.

Is a US police officer allowed to kill a hostage in order to kill the person holding them hostage? Yes or no?

11 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Given that information, does Israel have the right to kill those human shields, which you acknowledge should not be targeted? Yes or no.

Is a US police officer allowed to kill a hostage in order to kill the person holding them hostage? Yes or no?

War is not comparable to police situations so again, terrible "logic" on your part.  And you consistently ask the same question over and over, you are starting to sound even more like TPT.  Like what many people have said who consistently answered your stupid question, I'll try and explain it again to you....slowly...W  A R is c o m p l i c a t ed.  There is no yes or no answer to it.  It is never "ok" to kill innocent people, even in war; however, if the evil scum terrorist group uses human shields, then if anything happens to the human shields the responsibility falls on the evil scum terrorist group that used them as human shields.  Why do you not get that??  As people have pointed out MANY MANY times that you fail to even acknowledge because you hate Israel, is that Israel is trying to do everything in their power to keep civilian deaths to a minimum...if they didn't care about civilians the war would have been over a week after it started.  

• Bob 1

18 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

War is hell.  There will be collateral damage when going after terrorists.  

• Bob 1

5 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

War is not comparable to police situations so again, terrible "logic" on your part.  And you consistently ask the same question over and over, you are starting to sound even more like TPT.  Like what many people have said who consistently answered your stupid question, I'll try and explain it again to you....slowly...W  A R is c o m p l i c a t ed.  There is no yes or no answer to it.  It is never "ok" to kill innocent people, even in war; however, if the evil scum terrorist group uses human shields, then if anything happens to the human shields the responsibility falls on the evil scum terrorist group that used them as human shields.  Why do you not get that??  As people have pointed out MANY MANY times that you fail to even acknowledge because you hate Israel, is that Israel is trying to do everything in their power to keep civilian deaths to a minimum...if they didn't care about civilians the war would have been over a week after it started.  

This.

mspart

14 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I want you to actually answer the question, which is at the core of that issue.

Israel locates a terrorist. He is in a house with civilians. Israel knows the civilians are present. Should Israel strike the house? Would you? Yes or no?

• Clown 1

Give it up UB.   You have gotten answers and you just keep on saying I actually want you to answer the question. 

Here's a question for you.   And I actually want you to answer the question.

Did Israel deserve to be attacked by Hamas on Oct 7?

I'll give you a hint of how to answer.   If you answer NO, then Hamas is getting what they deserve and their use of civilians as human shields is their responsibility.  It is not Israel's responsibility to save the civilians.   Even though they make Herculean efforts to do so.   If you answer YES, then you are the Israel hating Hamas supporting scumbag we have been saying you are for quite some time.  

Remember, I just actually want you to answer the question.  

mspart

• Bob 1

14 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I want you to actually answer the question, which is at the core of that issue.

Israel locates a terrorist. He is in a house with civilians. Israel knows the civilians are present. Should Israel strike the house? Would you? Yes or no?

Wow...you are dense....I just ducking did...AGAIN!!  Your stupid f'ing question cannot be answered with a simple yes or no.  If you think it can, then go ahead and do so, everyone one else on here doesn't think so, sooo...who is the dumb dumb on this topic?  I'll give you a hint...it rhymes with YOU!