Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

58 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

it's always been abundantly clear. that's why, although i respect @uncle bernard's knowledge on the subject, i call bs on his spin. i just don't get it. 

And it’s been estimated that as many ‘civilians’ participated in October 7th as Hamas terrorists.  

Reportedly Israel was negotiating with Hamas and offered a temporary ceasefire/prisoners in exchange for the hostages, Hamas countered by offering the dead bodies of hostages instead.   

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Reportedly Israel was negotiating with Hamas and offered a temporary ceasefire/prisoners in exchange for the hostages, Hamas countered by offering the dead bodies of hostages instead.   

plainly not true. hamas accepted the ceasefire backed by the US. This included the release of all hostages in exchange for withdrawal from Gaza. Israel said no because they don’t want to stop the war. 

On 5/7/2024 at 2:49 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

because it couches them in an apocryphal framework. The legitimacy of the anti-zionist movement doesn't stem from its racial cohesion.

yes. nobody claimed it does. that’s what so confusing about your issue. 

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

have you ever considered these whack jobs can shove their 'demands' up their asses?

since when is the standard operating procedure to buy a product and then protest outside company headquarters telling them to change their business practices?

did these protesters research the university prior to applying? do they understand they made a voluntary choice?

and did they do so before or after Palestine broke the ceasefire? 

that’s what a protest is. they’re making their desires known, as is their right. the university gets to decide what to do with that information. 

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

plainly not true. hamas accepted the ceasefire backed by the US. This included the release of all hostages in exchange for withdrawal from Gaza. Israel said no because they don’t want to stop the war. 

Isreal didn't offer a withdrawal from Gaza. You think these animals can just make up a deal by themselves, agree to it with themselves, and israel has to go along?

You didn't explain why what I said was plainly not true.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

yes. nobody claimed it does. that’s what so confusing about your issue. 

well then why when i asked you for an authority on your perspective on the war did you refer me to two dudes talking about nothing except the the opinions of various jewish subgroups for three hours? was this a troll?

4 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

What happened in 1948 that might have affected Jewish migration in the middle east? Did they, idk, establish a Jewish ethnostate right around the corner fulfilling a 2000 year old dream of returning to the holy land?

well then why when i asked you for an authority on your perspective on the war did you refer me to two dudes talking about nothing except the the opinions of various jewish subgroups for three hours? was this a troll?

because it was an extensive history of the establishment of the state of israel which provides the necessary context to the basic antizionist idea “hey you can’t just kick people out of their homes and establish an ethnostate”

5 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Isreal didn't offer a withdrawal from Gaza. You think these animals can just make up a deal by themselves, agree to it with themselves, and israel has to go along?

You didn't explain why what I said was plainly not true.

it’s plainly not true because it’s not what happened. 

hamas didn’t make up this deal. it was negotiated by the US and Qatar. 

your claim that hamas countered a ceasefire deal in exchange for the return of dead hostages was extremely dishonest. 

hamas has agreed to return the hostages in exchange for an end to the invasion of gaza. The US supports that. Israel said no. It wants to invade Rafah. Those are the facts.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

because it was an extensive history of the establishment of the state of israel which provides the necessary context to the basic antizionist idea “hey you can’t just kick people out of their homes and establish an ethnostate”

Is that better or worse than murdering them and establishing a genocidal theocracy?

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

it's always been abundantly clear. that's why, although i respect @uncle bernard's knowledge on the subject, i call bs on his spin. i just don't get it. 

talk about spin. what happened in 1948 that might have impacted jewish migration in the region?

Is that better or worse than murdering them and establishing a genocidal theocracy?

not the goal of antizionism. not what existed before Israel either. Hamas is a modern development. 

Just now, uncle bernard said:

it’s plainly not true because it’s not what happened. 

hamas didn’t make up this deal. it was negotiated by the US and Qatar. 

your claim that hamas countered a ceasefire deal in exchange for the return of dead hostages was extremely dishonest. 

hamas has agreed to return the hostages in exchange for an end to the invasion of gaza. The US supports that. Israel said no. It wants to invade Rafah. Those are the facts.

i don't care at all what the biden administration wants so stop saying that.

Israel can't leave with hamas intact for obvious reasons.

BTW "because its not what happened" and "your claim was dishhonest" are not very sophisticated arguments. 

• Bob 1

not the goal of antizionism. not what existed before Israel either. Hamas is a modern development. 

Theocratic genocidal developments need to go away, even if they are modern.

13 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

What happened in 1948 that might have affected Jewish migration in the middle east? Did they, idk, establish a Jewish ethnostate right around the corner fulfilling a 2000 year old dream of returning to the holy land?

yes. and the arab/muslim world has been threatening them ever since including, most recently, a massacre on Oct. 7th.

so what's your point? 

TBD

5 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i don't care at all what the biden administration wants so stop saying that.

Israel can't leave with hamas intact for obvious reasons.

BTW "because its not what happened" and "your claim was dishhonest" are not very sophisticated arguments. 

It’s dishonest because Hamas offered all the hostages, including the bodies of those who died in captivity. Your statement implied that they’re only offering corpses as a f*ck you. 

we know that some of the hostages are dead because they died along with their captors in israeli strikes. israel acknowledged that reality. 

Yes and that includes Israel!

to think all this time we just needed a dictionary so you could learn what genocide and theocratic mean!

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

yes. and the arab/muslim world has been threatening them ever since including, most recently, a massacre on Oct. 7th.

so what's your point? 

his point is that this is essentially a tribal conflict and we as good people should back the weaker side.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

so what's your point? 

that voluntary migration isn’t ethnic cleansing and not remotely similar to what’s happening in Palestine. 

you weren’t ethnically cleansed from austin when moved back to PA.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

It’s dishonest because Hamas offered all the hostages, including the bodies of those who died in captivity. Your statement implied that they’re only offering corpses as a f*ck you. 

we know that some of the hostages are dead because they died along with their captors in israeli strikes. israel acknowledged that reality. 

No I was implying it was the only thing they could offer for a temporary ceasefire because they need to hide behind the living ones.

You are being willfully ignorant repeatedly by claiming Israel should leave gaza with the hostages and hamas intact.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

to think all this time we just needed a dictionary so you could learn what genocide and theocratic mean!

israel is a theocratic state and committing genocide. what’s the confusion?

Just now, uncle bernard said:

israel is a theocratic state and committing genocide. what’s the confusion?

20% of israel is muslim, so no its not a theocratic state.

I'm not dignifying the genocide implication with a response.

• Bob 3