Marcus Blaze

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Kinda crazy that Liam Cronin, a 3rd place finisher at NCAA’s, lost to 2 high schoolers, neither of which being the high schooler that took 3rd (Blaze)

The classes of 2017 and 2018 were all timers but I think th3 2024,2025,2026 classes may end up being as good if not better.

• Bob 2

7 hours ago, Jim L said:

Wouldn't that make Purdue at least part of the conversation?

Also, not sure what the recruiting rules are now for students enrolled in other universities, but wouldn't it make sense for any college recruiting the younger Blaze to also go after Blaze the Elder?

Cuz it's Purdue

Commitment coming soon

top 6 “Cornell, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, I don’t know, probably missing some, Iowa.”  Kozak: “Purdue?”  Blaze: “Yeah Purdue”

Doesn’t sound too good for Iowa or Purdue.

On 4/22/2024 at 11:39 AM, Eagle26 said:

Blaze was really impressive as were all of the high school wrestlers. When is the last time we had a high schooler on the national team for men’s freestyle?

2008 Jake Deitchler  18-year-old from Ramsey, Minnesota, became the first high school wrestler to make the U.S. Olympic Wrestling Team in 32 years

• Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

6 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

2008 Jake Deitchler  18-year-old from Ramsey, Minnesota, became the first high school wrestler to make the U.S. Olympic Wrestling Team in 32 years

I do remember that one. Impressive for sure and such a shame that concussions cut his career short. 

I am thinking it hasn’t happened in freestyle since Cejudo, and if you limit it to minors (under 18), I think Blaze may be the first to make the national team since Carr in 1972! 

• Bob 1
  • Stalling 1

On 4/22/2024 at 5:00 PM, Husker_Du said:

Duke's best wins

#2-Henckel - Ironman Finals

#1-Lockett - Journeymen Event

#2-Bouzakis - Fargo Finals

#2-Bouzakis by TF - S32 Finals

#1-Kollin Rath - S32 Semis

#2-Landon Robideau - S32

#1-Daniel Zepeda - S32

Eventual #1-Sergio Lemley - S32

For a brief moment #1-Cory Land - S32

That’s an incredibly impressive hit list, but I just don’t see how that can beat all the senior and college level athletes that Blaze has beaten. I get it your splitting hairs, but I feel like this falls into sort of a Dake vs. Taylor category where the more dominant wrestler isn’t necessarily the better wrestler

23 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Commitment coming soon

top 6 “Cornell, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, I don’t know, probably missing some, Iowa.”  Kozak: “Purdue?”  Blaze: “Yeah Purdue”

Doesn’t sound too good for Iowa or Purdue.

Christian Pyles said on FRL that he heard Blaze is going to Penn State. Realistically, it's between PSU and OSU.

And, hate to say it, but I wonder if Tom Ryan's accident and being out of commission in a crucial time for recruiting has any impact. You'd hope not, but this has gotta be when everyone is putting the full court press on...

5 hours ago, pokemonster said:

Christian Pyles said on FRL that he heard Blaze is going to Penn State. Realistically, it's between PSU and OSU.

And, hate to say it, but I wonder if Tom Ryan's accident and being out of commission in a crucial time for recruiting has any impact. You'd hope not, but this has gotta be when everyone is putting the full court press on...

I didn’t like that the interviewer just threw in other schools to his “top choice” let the kid say what he has to/wants to say. 

It doesn’t look good for Purdue, unfortunately. But maybe he’s just toying with us and didn’t say Purdue himself to make it a surprise… 

9 hours ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

I didn’t like that the interviewer just threw in other schools to his “top choice” let the kid say what he has to/wants to say. 

It doesn’t look good for Purdue, unfortunately. But maybe he’s just toying with us and didn’t say Purdue himself to make it a surprise… 

It was just Purdue that he threw in, but yes that was kinda weird 

On 4/27/2024 at 5:22 PM, pokemonster said:

the biggest thing I took from this interview is that hes gonna be a 141+ in college Im not sure if you saw any of his interviews at trials but my god were his eyes sucked in compared to this.

19 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

the biggest thing I took from this interview is that hes gonna be a 141+ in college Im not sure if you saw any of his interviews at trials but my god were his eyes sucked in compared to this.

I think we see him at the U20 trials at 61kg.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

Alternate as a junior in HS.

Saw that too after I posted. Not sure if alternate means national team or not. I’ve seen both terms used pretty loosely. But he was obviously very very good at a young age. Where’s my Easton or Lehigh people to clarify?